W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Henchman21 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm

champ33 wrote:Should have known I would get WL'd at W&L school of law....


:D So corny it was funny~

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby lilliea » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:21 pm

brupe wrote:Its going to be a LONG week.


+1

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Emma1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 am

Sounds higher like W&L is trying to reclaim a higher spot in the rankings.

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby brupe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Do you think they'll start making decisions Monday morning again?

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

brupe wrote:Do you think they'll start making decisions Monday morning again?


I got a decision timeline update email before the Thanksgiving holiday. According to the email, it sounds like they will be starting again after Thanksgiving, but they also said due to the busy nature of this time of year, that it could be a few weeks before hearing a decision.

lkjk
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby lkjk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:25 pm

quick question...

i got an invitation to apply to W&L... but i am nowhere near their median LSAT...

does this mean i still have a chance!? i would really love to attend W&L! :lol:
my #1 choice!!!


(im guessing, however, it is only to increase their #s of rejectees to make their school seem more exclusive...yeah?! :( )

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ZachOda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 am

I mean, it is the median, so they do accept students below that number. Now if you're below the 25 percentile, then you may want to reconsider. However, if you got a fee waiver and you really like the school, I say go for it. Worst they can do is say no. Good luck!

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:39 am

lkjk wrote:quick question...

i got an invitation to apply to W&L... but i am nowhere near their median LSAT...

does this mean i still have a chance!? i would really love to attend W&L! :lol:
my #1 choice!!!


(im guessing, however, it is only to increase their #s of rejectees to make their school seem more exclusive...yeah?! :( )


I wouldn't read much into those invitations to apply... I just got an invitation to apply there, and I already did apply there weeks ago and am already wait-listed.

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ZachOda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:42 am

Adjudicator wrote:
lkjk wrote:quick question...

i got an invitation to apply to W&L... but i am nowhere near their median LSAT...

does this mean i still have a chance!? i would really love to attend W&L! :lol:
my #1 choice!!!


(im guessing, however, it is only to increase their #s of rejectees to make their school seem more exclusive...yeah?! :( )


I wouldn't read much into those invitations to apply... I just got an invitation to apply there, and I already did apply there weeks ago and am already wait-listed.


Touche'

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby brupe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

Well, here we go. We are back in business. Good luck to everyone this week!

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:44 pm

brupe wrote:Well, here we go. We are back in business. Good luck to everyone this week!


You too...maybe I will get the official DING this week? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:16 pm

In review this week.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm

pokerlaw wrote:In review this week.


When did you go complete?

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby brupe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:56 pm

were you in review before today?

User avatar
egeffin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby egeffin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:57 pm

pokerlaw wrote:In review this week.


same here

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
pokerlaw wrote:In review this week.


When did you go complete?


Last week. I submitted a while ago, but I had a lagging LOR that wasn't processed till last Monday.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Submitted my application yesterday and under review today. Absolutely amazed at the speed of this process. Also a bit nervous that I've been slated as an auto-reject and they want to get rid of my application as quickly as possible!

User avatar
Spack
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spack » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 am

Looking forward to getting a "What the hell? Of course you're rejected" email from them within the next few weeks lol.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am

I went complete last week and I am not in review yet...they must have just skipped the review process and ding'd me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 am

Spinozist21 wrote:I went complete last week and I am not in review yet...they must have just skipped the review process and ding'd me. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't be too pessimistic man. You'll be fine. Decisions may be coming out this thursday, so hang tight all.

User avatar
egeffin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby egeffin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am

How long were people "in review" this cycle?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:53 am

tea_drinker wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:I went complete last week and I am not in review yet...they must have just skipped the review process and ding'd me. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't be too pessimistic man. You'll be fine. Decisions may be coming out this thursday, so hang tight all.


I am not even "in review" yet so I doubt I will get a decision this week...and I am almost certainly a reject as it is...it was a super reach school...thanks for the kind words though...or encouraging words anyway.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 am

I sent the application in on Sunday afternoon. I went complete early Monday. Is this a good sign?

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:24 am

ksimon2007 wrote:I sent the application in on Sunday afternoon. I went complete early Monday. Is this a good sign?



Are you complete or in review? After reading over this thread, I'm a bit puzzled because I seem to have gone into review incredibly quickly. Submitted last night and got an e-mail that I'm in review this morning.

I don't think it is a good sign for me. A shame, because I really like the school.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:24 am

onepass wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:I sent the application in on Sunday afternoon. I went complete early Monday. Is this a good sign?



Are you complete or in review? After reading over this thread, I'm a bit puzzled because I seem to have gone into review incredibly quickly. Submitted last night and got an e-mail that I'm in review this morning.

I don't think it is a good sign for me. A shame, because I really like the school.


Yeah I'm under review as well. Same time period. My mistake. I am hopeful that I will get in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AustinLu, Bing [Bot], bobomac2, BruiseWillis, dreamer_13, jstans, jurisdoctor2020, monotonemr, Tazewell and 27 guests