W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jim

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 pm

YP from Cornell maybe,

Or last cycle they waitlisted you, decided your C&F didn't pass, and dinged you. So this time around they knew they would eventually drop you for the C&F again and decided to let you know up front.
Last edited by jim on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 pm

gdizz01 wrote:So I haven't posted here since I first applied to law school in 2008, but I am confused and hurt so I wanted to see what people think. I applied to W&L my first time around, and this time. Here are the differences in my applications and their result...any ideas???

2008 Application
Timing: early march
UGPA: 3.714 (magna, weak start, strong trend 3.96 for last 86 credits)
LSAC GPA: 3.51
LSAT 165, 165
LORs: strong
C&F: some issues here
PS: explaining away my C&F issues
Work Experience: multiple generic paralegal positions
Result: waitlisted

2010 Application
Timing: late september
UGPA: same
LSAC GPA: same
LSAT same
LORs: same
C&F: same
PS: very strong, about some really phenomenal and unusual work experience over the last two years
Work Experience: great position in a really well known company with heavy research, writing and analysis components...also I began volunteering with at-risk youth, which I myself once was, to do my part "giving back"
Other new stuff: certificate in financial management from cornell university
Result: Denied

Huhhhhh??? How did I get denied, applying early, with everything the same or better than the last time I applied, very late, and was WL? I'm going to feel like crap until I get some positive results, probably not for another month or two

Anyone have anyyyyy ideas??? I see a lot of ppl with similar numbers were WL too- I just don't get why I personally would have been WL last time and denied this time :cry:

I think the must have gotten stricter with C&F. Thats all it really could be, IMO.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Barbie wrote:
gdizz01 wrote:So I haven't posted here since I first applied to law school in 2008, but I am confused and hurt so I wanted to see what people think. I applied to W&L my first time around, and this time. Here are the differences in my applications and their result...any ideas???

2008 Application
LSAT 165, 165

2010 Application
LSAT same
PS: very strong, about some really phenomenal and unusual work experience over the last two years
Work Experience: great position in a really well known company with heavy research, writing and analysis components...also I began volunteering with at-risk youth, which I myself once was, to do my part "giving back"

Huhhhhh??? How did I get denied, applying early, with everything the same or better than the last time I applied, very late, and was WL? I'm going to feel like crap until I get some positive results, probably not for another month or two

Anyone have anyyyyy ideas??? I see a lot of ppl with similar numbers were WL too- I just don't get why I personally would have been WL last time and denied this time :cry:

I think the must have gotten stricter with C&F. Thats all it really could be, IMO.

I doubt this guy has more going against him C&F wise than I do...

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:08 pm

First law school to which I have been accepted, pretty pumped.

Good luck everybody!

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Deuce wrote:
Barbie wrote:

2008 Application
LSAT 165, 165

2010 Application
LSAT same

I doubt this guy has more going against him C&F wise than I do...

What is c&f?

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Sucks that most of you got decisions today, and I just got an email telling me their time line for decisions (basically saying they were going to take next week off and it should be a couple more weeks after that).

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 pm

2008 Application
LSAT 165, 165

2010 Application
LSAT same

I got denied with a 3.34 166. Pretty curious on how that happened too. Maybe there is some truth to the C&F stuff. All of mine was from 2002, but I had a ton of speeding tickets and other driving things. No alcohol related or anything major like that, but lots (8+) of little incidents.

Henchman21

Postby Henchman21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm

First decision of the cycle-
Waitlisted today with 165/3.7

On another note, My mother called me saying she get a packet from a law school and on the cover it says "Henchman21, Attorney at law"
My mother was so excited that a law school took their time and money to print my name on the cover and she said I should apply to this school. I asked her what school it was from and when she said "Cooley" I almost threw my phone. LOL

Anyways good luck to everybody still waiting, according to the e-mail, us WLer's will have to wait till may to see if get off the WL.

Flett

Postby Flett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Henchman21 wrote:First decision of the cycle-
Waitlisted today with 165/3.7

On another note, My mother called me saying she get a packet from a law school and on the cover it says "Henchman21, Attorney at law"
My mother was so excited that a law school took their time and money to print my name on the cover and she said I should apply to this school. I asked her what school it was from and when she said "Cooley" I almost threw my phone. LOL

Anyways good luck to everybody still waiting, according to the e-mail, us WLer's will have to wait till may to see if get off the WL.

My grandma did the same thing to me over the phone. :roll:

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:42 am

App sent 11/8. Accepted 11/18.
3.85/170

lilliea

Postby lilliea » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:35 am

Just got the under review email. After seeing all the WLs here yesterday, I'm much more nervous than I expected to be, even though I know I won't get a decision until after Thanksgiving...

kch3684

Postby kch3684 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:49 am

Accepted...3.1/170 5yrs we

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:18 pm

kch3684 wrote:Accepted...3.1/170 5yrs we

Congrats.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:45 pm

In with 166 and 3.0

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:49 pm

JakeL wrote:In with 166 and 3.0

Congratulations man.

Do those of you who are currently WL acceptees plan to enroll?

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:

Congratulations man.

Depends on the rest of my cycle; I definitely plan to attend an ASW.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

Congratulations man.

ASW?

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:

Congratulations man.

ASW?

Accepted Students Weekend. I haven't had a chance to visit yet (have only been at this job since June, so my vacation time is limited), and I think visiting will be key in my decision making... that is, if I end up having more than this one choice. :D

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
ASW?

Accepted Students Weekend. I haven't had a chance to visit yet (have only been at this job since June, so my vacation time is limited), and I think visiting will be key in my decision making... that is, if I end up having more than this one choice. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it if you only get one acceptance you'll be going to WL! :lol:

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
ASW?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it if you only get one acceptance you'll be going to WL! :lol:

haha, most likely, but I'll still visit. I'm fortunate to have a nice job with growth potential, so assuming I leave it for law school, I'll want to go somewhere that will be a good fit.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:13 pm

In with 166/3.0? And I got WL with a 175/3.0? :x They must really not like something about me.

Also, just a day after getting waitlisted, I got an email from W&L inviting me to apply. lol.

abarrios

Postby abarrios » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Got waitlisted yesterday. 164/3.76/URM

gdizz01

Postby gdizz01 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:45 am

theavrock wrote:

2008 Application
LSAT 165, 165

2010 Application
LSAT same

I got denied with a 3.34 166. Pretty curious on how that happened too. Maybe there is some truth to the C&F stuff. All of mine was from 2002, but I had a ton of speeding tickets and other driving things. No alcohol related or anything major like that, but lots (8+) of little incidents.
Honestly, my C&F is bad, but it's old and not like anything involving dishonesty, moral turpitude, or anything of the like....but since you have c&f issues as well and also got a surprise ding with reasonable numbers, I thiink that whoever said that they must've gotten stricter (i.e. more picky due to higher applicant volume) for c&f issue applicants hasssss to be spot on. I think it's too early to think it was some sort of demographic ding ("we have too many white jewish males from the north east, need someone else to round out the class" which is what my mothersuggested) so I suppose c&f is really the only place to look for issues. It's just so unfortunate because i'm such a different person, and through my application you can see that. :oops:

brupe

Postby brupe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 pm

Its going to be a LONG week.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Should have known I would get WL'd at W&L school of law....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”