W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Well Ive been UR since 11/11. Werent some of you 11/16? You could simply be the next wave..

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Lwoods » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Flett wrote:Mine's the same as Ericas386.

"I hope this email finds you well! As you know, your file is currently under review at our law school, and I'm sure you are eagerly awaiting a decision. Consequently, we wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the timing of your decision.

Due to the holiday break, our office will be closed for most of next week. As a result, you will not receive a decision on your file until after the Thanksgiving holiday. Please note that it could be a few weeks after Thanksgiving before you have a decision, and due to the busy nature of this time of year, we are unable to provide a more definitive date by which you might hear from us at this time.

We know this timeline is still very general, but we felt it was important to share this information with you so you might have a better idea as to when you would hear from us and so you could relax and enjoy the holiday with your family and friends."

So... I'm thinking this is bad? :(


I suspect neither good nor bad. I think this is just W&L keeping you in the loop as they've done all along.

User avatar
oscodasa
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby oscodasa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Flett wrote:Mine's the same as Ericas386.

"I hope this email finds you well! As you know, your file is currently under review at our law school, and I'm sure you are eagerly awaiting a decision. Consequently, we wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the timing of your decision.

Due to the holiday break, our office will be closed for most of next week. As a result, you will not receive a decision on your file until after the Thanksgiving holiday. Please note that it could be a few weeks after Thanksgiving before you have a decision, and due to the busy nature of this time of year, we are unable to provide a more definitive date by which you might hear from us at this time.

We know this timeline is still very general, but we felt it was important to share this information with you so you might have a better idea as to when you would hear from us and so you could relax and enjoy the holiday with your family and friends."

So... I'm thinking this is bad? :(


I suspect neither good nor bad. I think this is just W&L keeping you in the loop as they've done all along.


+1

ericas386
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ericas386 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I dont understand how it can be bad. If they were going to reject you they would just have rejected you...if you aren't notified 'til after Thanksgiving then it means you weren't part of this groups decisions...which would indicate to me that they haven't yet made a decision on your application.



you would think. we'll see! Thanks spinozist.. I needed a little dose of optimism. Good luck to everyone today!

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I dont understand how it can be bad. If they were going to reject you they would just have rejected you...if you aren't notified 'til after Thanksgiving then it means you weren't part of this groups decisions...which would indicate to me that they haven't yet made a decision on your application.


Hmmm... well, since you're always right I'm just gonna believe you're right on this one too. :wink:

TBH I would have been surprised to hear back so soon (I only went under review on Tuesday and I assume Reach + URM = longer wait). You guys are likely correct, this email just caught me off guard and Barbie totally got me excited (I hope you get in!). :D

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

ericas386 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:I dont understand how it can be bad. If they were going to reject you they would just have rejected you...if you aren't notified 'til after Thanksgiving then it means you weren't part of this groups decisions...which would indicate to me that they haven't yet made a decision on your application.



you would think. we'll see! Thanks spinozist.. I needed a little dose of optimism. Good luck to everyone today!


I am an optimist...I did, afterall, apply here without a snowball's chance in hell of getting in :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Flett wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:I dont understand how it can be bad. If they were going to reject you they would just have rejected you...if you aren't notified 'til after Thanksgiving then it means you weren't part of this groups decisions...which would indicate to me that they haven't yet made a decision on your application.


Hmmm... well, since you're always right I'm just gonna believe you're right on this one too. :wink:

TBH I would have been surprised to hear back so soon (I only went under review on Tuesday and I assume Reach + URM = longer wait). You guys are likely correct, this email just caught me off guard and Barbie totally got me excited (I hope you get in!). :D


Well...the real Spinoza is right...but he's dead...I am just a bad imitation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
jim
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 pm

@ Tea - I received the under review email on 11/11.

I don't think the after Thanksgiving email mean auto-ding. I think W&L just likes to be very communicative about their process. The batch going out today is the second batch of decisions (based on what I've seen in this thread), probably just based on application dates.


Hoping for splitter love...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah. People who went under review 11/11 are the second batch. Shortly after, 3rd batch. Not a bad thing!!!

I'm hoping for love of people with awful numbers <3 haha

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby tea_drinker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 pm

jim wrote:@ Tea - I received the under review email on 11/11.

I don't think the after Thanksgiving email mean auto-ding. I think W&L just likes to be very communicative about their process. The batch going out today is the second batch of decisions (based on what I've seen in this thread), probably just based on application dates.


Hoping for splitter love...


Yay, splitters FTW

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 pm

jim wrote:@ Tea - I received the under review email on 11/11.

I don't think the after Thanksgiving email mean auto-ding. I think W&L just likes to be very communicative about their process. The batch going out today is the second batch of decisions (based on what I've seen in this thread), probably just based on application dates.


Hoping for splitter love...


WL is more communicative than any other law school I have seen...at least through the emails etc. Although, Dean Pless being on here and communicating directly with students in his Illinois thread is as impressive if not moreso.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Barbie wrote:Yeah. People who went under review 11/11 are the second batch. Shortly after, 3rd batch. Not a bad thing!!!

I'm hoping for love of people with awful numbers <3 haha


Im hoping for love of people with awful(er) numbers :lol:

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby iwanta170 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Barbie and Spinozist what are your numbers?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Barbie and Spinozist what are your numbers?


You dont really wanna know. :lol:

spicymeatball111
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby spicymeatball111 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:22 pm

so would it be okay to assume they mean 5pm eastern?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:24 pm

spicymeatball111 wrote:so would it be okay to assume they mean 5pm eastern?


They are in the East...so I would assume.

zrcm18
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby zrcm18 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:26 pm

anyone else get an e-mail from them saying that due to Thanksgiving next week they won't let you know until afterwards??

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 pm

zrcm18 wrote:anyone else get an e-mail from them saying that due to Thanksgiving next week they won't let you know until afterwards??


Yep...a couple other people mentioned it. No need to fret :D

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Accepted :)

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Deuce wrote:Accepted :)


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:29 pm

zrcm18 wrote:anyone else get an e-mail from them saying that due to Thanksgiving next week they won't let you know until afterwards??


Yes, several of us did. Go back a page or two to read. :wink:

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby MattThiessen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Junk.

Waitlisted. 3.5/165

User avatar
jim
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Waitlisted.

This was going to be my first decision too. Ah well!

Congrats to the accepted, condolences to the rejected, pity party to the waitlisted.
Last edited by jim on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Waitlisted

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby iwanta170 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Accepted. Gl to everyone still waiting




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], cyclawps, dddddd90, TudoBem and 8 guests