W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:36 pm

tea_drinker wrote:Yes, there are two separate emails, and sure, WL is another possible outcome.


And I would rather check just to be sure I was right. Don't want to leave any possibilities for error in something as big as a law school acceptance. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the first red R on my big board of decisions (I realize I am rediculous) but I'm not expecting to be really upset since... I've known W&L is out of my league the whole time :)

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Barbie wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:Yes, there are two separate emails, and sure, WL is another possible outcome.


And I would rather check just to be sure I was right. Don't want to leave any possibilities for error in something as big as a law school acceptance. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the first red R on my big board of decisions (I realize I am rediculous) but I'm not expecting to be really upset since... I've known W&L is out of my league the whole time :)


Do you really have a big board of decisions? :lol:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:Yes, there are two separate emails, and sure, WL is another possible outcome.


And I would rather check just to be sure I was right. Don't want to leave any possibilities for error in something as big as a law school acceptance. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the first red R on my big board of decisions (I realize I am rediculous) but I'm not expecting to be really upset since... I've known W&L is out of my league the whole time :)


Do you really have a big board of decisions? :lol:



Lol. Yes. School, sent date, complete date, decision date, and decision. I applied to 23 schools, I have to keep track of it all somehow. I also have a file cabinet with a file or each school with every sort of correspondence I've recieved, and then a cost of attendance chart for each school that I am accepted to that has tuition, scholarship if any, estimated COL, etc.
I really, really overdo my organization.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:Yes, there are two separate emails, and sure, WL is another possible outcome.


And I would rather check just to be sure I was right. Don't want to leave any possibilities for error in something as big as a law school acceptance. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the first red R on my big board of decisions (I realize I am rediculous) but I'm not expecting to be really upset since... I've known W&L is out of my league the whole time :)


Do you really have a big board of decisions? :lol:


Lol. Yes. School, sent date, complete date, decision date, and decision. I applied to 23 schools, I have to keep track of it all somehow. I also have a file cabinet with a file or each school with every sort of correspondence I've recieved, and then a cost of attendance chart for each school that I am accepted to that has tuition, scholarship if any, estimated COL, etc.
I really, really overdo my organization.


I framed my Dartmouth rejection letter from undergrad applications. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Spinozist21 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Why did you do that?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...


Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 pm

i've been getting all these e-mails from them, some are pretty weird. i got a long e-mail about how students leave their wallets and phones out. that doesn't make me want to go to the school. that just makes me think they admit people with no common sense.

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 pm

I understand the Dartmouth letter. :wink:

There are a few schools I'm going to request a paper rejection letter from if all they give me is an email. I'm overcompensating for failing to apply to awesome schools when I had the numbers to go nearly anywhere... unlike now. Whoops.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...


Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).


You have a push-pin board too? AWESOME! :lol:

Yeah, well, Dartmouth was the only one of 8 undergrad schools I applied to that I was ding'd at...so I framed it.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...


Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).

who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...


Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).

who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?


No, but most wouldn't frame the rejection letter either. :lol:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:54 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Why did you do that?


Idk...motivation...


Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).

who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?


lol WHAT? I'm not going to keep a bunch of paper that is useless to clutter my house. Trust me, I have enough papers to clutter my house already. There is absolutely no point in keeping something that serves no purpose. And your example doesn't prove anything at all-- why would I want to keep that "moment" on paper too? You make no sense.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).[/quote]
who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?[/quote]

lol WHAT? I'm not going to keep a bunch of paper that is useless to clutter my house. Trust me, I have enough papers to clutter my house already. There is absolutely no point in keeping something that serves no purpose. And your example doesn't prove anything at all-- why would I want to keep that "moment" on paper too? You make no sense.[/quote]
i make total sense. you have to learn to think a teensy weensey bit out of the box. no wonder you're aspiring to be a barbie!

it seemed like you are greatly offended by rejection letters. who cares about acceptance letters either? why does it matter? do u need schools to tell u, ur cool to feel good about urself? go where u go. no one cares where u got in or rejected from.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm

the house is a perfect example. if u apply with a 160 and 3.5 to schools that require a 170 and 3.8, it is not so different from trying to buy a home that requires a million dollars for significantly less.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:00 pm

^ u mad?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 pm

justdude knows I think he is a complete idiot, and have since I first encountered his dumb/pointless posts all over this board. No news here. And while those two things may be related, that isn't the argument, dumby! The argument is whether one should/would want to keep an article of paper that refers to this moment in time. You made the faulty assuption that keeping an article of paper actually has something to do with "disregarding a moment in time." I have this amazing thing called a memory.. and as long as it still works it is pretty impossible for me to disregard a moment in time. And scene.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Lwoods » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I have my fingers crossed for you, Barbie! I definitely think you have a compelling story that makes you more than your numbers.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:10 pm

justadude55 wrote:the house is a perfect example. if u apply with a 160 and 3.5 to schools that require a 170 and 3.8, it is not so different from trying to buy a home that requires a million dollars for significantly less.


Dude, what schools has she applied to that have medians of 170 and a 3.8?

It seems like you dont really know what you're talking about.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Person #1: I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board.
Person #2: who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?

The FLAW in Person #2's argument is:
a. He makes an irrelevant and unmentioned connection between looks/intelligence to Person #1's reasoning for tossing the letter.
b. He makes an assumption that when you make an offer on a house that is then denied, you will provided with a peice of writing that states this.
c. He makes an assumption that disregarding a physical piece of paper will then result in a "disregarded moment of life."
d. All of the Above

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Lwoods wrote:I have my fingers crossed for you, Barbie! I definitely think you have a compelling story that makes you more than your numbers.


:D thanks! love your tar ;) hah

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

justadude55 wrote:Hmm.. I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board (FSU).

who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?[/quote]

lol WHAT? I'm not going to keep a bunch of paper that is useless to clutter my house. Trust me, I have enough papers to clutter my house already. There is absolutely no point in keeping something that serves no purpose. And your example doesn't prove anything at all-- why would I want to keep that "moment" on paper too? You make no sense.[/quote]
i make total sense. you have to learn to think a teensy weensey bit out of the box. no wonder you're aspiring to be a barbie!

it seemed like you are greatly offended by rejection letters. who cares about acceptance letters either? why does it matter? do u need schools to tell u, ur cool to feel good about urself? go where u go. no one cares where u got in or rejected from.[/quote]

Really? You feel the need to come on a messageboard and be rude? How is someone's SN name indicative of their life goals?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Barbie wrote:Person #1: I throw away my rejections. I don't even want them in my file cabinet (I haven't gotten one yet, but I forsee this happening). I did hang up my first acceptance though on my push-pin board.
Person #2: who cares? you're not getting rejected, because of what you look like, your intelligence or who you are as a person. you're getting rejected based off #'s. if you offer a hundred thousand dollars to buy a million dollar house, and get rejected, do you have to discard this moment of your life too?

The FLAW in Person #2's argument is:
a. He makes an irrelevant and unmentioned connection between looks/intelligence to Person #1's reasoning for tossing the letter.
b. He makes an assumption that when you make an offer on a house that is then denied, you will provided with a peice of writing that states this.
c. He makes an assumption that disregarding a physical piece of paper will then result in a "disregarded moment of life."
d. All of the Above


Glad you included answer choice "D" because choosing between the other options would have been just plain brutal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Lwoods wrote:I have my fingers crossed for you, Barbie! I definitely think you have a compelling story that makes you more than your numbers.


What about me? I need fingers and toes crossed...where's Spinoza love? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Clearly your name needs to be something along the lines of JD/BigLaw hopeful for anyone to take you and your life goals seriously on this board.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Automotomayor, brinicolec, BruiseWillis, christinaxcarrie, lillawyer2, potterotter, reydingo and 19 guests