W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amers73

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby amers73 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

dddhhh wrote:Looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend! We'll probably be late to the coffee reception because of our flight time/drive from ROA, hope that's okay - I'll be the one awkwardly walking in late lol

I'll be late too :p

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Stonewall wrote:Still here just hanging out on the WL...

Me too!!! I reallyreallyreally want to get in!!! :(

brooksrun

Postby brooksrun » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am

kalede wrote:I'm flying into the Raleigh/Durham airport on Thursday and am renting a car to drive up to Lexington. I might drive up to Staunton to go see the American Shakespeare Center doing The Comedy of Errors on the 31st because I'm a huge Shakespeare nerd. :)

I'm flying back on Monday, so I'll have Sunday to explore the area. Any suggestions on where to go/what to do?

I really enjoyed just roaming around the downtown area when I went to the March ASW, but I'm not sure how much will be open on Sunday. I ate brunch with a friend at the Bistro (I think that was the name at least), and it was really delicious. The undergrad part of campus is the really historic and pretty area, and we didn't get to venture around it too much on my tour. I'd say it'd be nice to roam around there and maybe check out the bookstore which I never had a chance to do. Gotta stock up on that w&l law paraphanelia! Clearly I'm no pro on Lexington, so my comments might not be of too much help! I'm sure the current students will be more than willing to give you some tips on good things to do/places to go. They were really awesome with any question I asked.

Enjoy your trip!

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 pm

so Im going to the coming waitlist day, how should I dress? suggestions?

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:40 pm

auroojgulzar wrote:so Im going to the coming waitlist day, how should I dress? suggestions?

For admit day it says dress is casual. Unless it says the same in your waitlist day email I'd dress to impress. You want to stand out (in a good way ofcourse lol)

kalede

Postby kalede » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 pm

brooksrun wrote:
kalede wrote:I'm flying into the Raleigh/Durham airport on Thursday and am renting a car to drive up to Lexington. I might drive up to Staunton to go see the American Shakespeare Center doing The Comedy of Errors on the 31st because I'm a huge Shakespeare nerd. :)

I'm flying back on Monday, so I'll have Sunday to explore the area. Any suggestions on where to go/what to do?

I really enjoyed just roaming around the downtown area when I went to the March ASW, but I'm not sure how much will be open on Sunday. I ate brunch with a friend at the Bistro (I think that was the name at least), and it was really delicious. The undergrad part of campus is the really historic and pretty area, and we didn't get to venture around it too much on my tour. I'd say it'd be nice to roam around there and maybe check out the bookstore which I never had a chance to do. Gotta stock up on that w&l law paraphanelia! Clearly I'm no pro on Lexington, so my comments might not be of too much help! I'm sure the current students will be more than willing to give you some tips on good things to do/places to go. They were really awesome with any question I asked.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks!

wlu2013

Postby wlu2013 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 am

Hey Guys,

For those of you accepted to W&L, congrats. I'm a 1L at W&L currently, and I'm posting because I need a roommate beginning August 1 (my current roommate is moving in with his girlfriend next year). It's a really nice townhouse, built about 5 years ago. View of the Shenandoah Mts. from the balcony, you'd have your own bathroom, there's a washer/dryer, etc.

If you're interested and/or have any questions let me know. I'll check back periodically to see if there's any interest. I'm also going to make a post on the W&L Law Notices, but TLS is a lot more user-friendly so I decided to knock out a post here first.

If you're coming to April Open House and want to check the place out, that should work for me.

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 am

thank you ddhhh. you always give me a fresh burst of optimism. THANKS!! :)

amers73

Postby amers73 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Put down my deposit. Super excited to come back in august. Anybody else going for sure?

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey guys,

current 1L here. I am posting cause I am looking for two new roommates for next year to live with me in my lovely townhome. Rent is 950 total for three bedroom 2.5 bath, so approximately 315 a person before utilities. I am looking for two female roommates only and have pictures if you want to PM me and then friend me on facebook. Let me know if you are interested.

brooksrun

Postby brooksrun » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm

amers73 wrote:Put down my deposit. Super excited to come back in august. Anybody else going for sure?

Just paid mine today, too! I can't wait!

wlu2013

Postby wlu2013 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:24 pm

Hey Guys,

For those of you accepted to W&L, congrats. I'm a 1L at W&L currently, and I'm posting because I need a roommate beginning August 1 (my current roommate is moving in with his girlfriend next year). It's a really nice townhouse, built about 5 years ago. View of the Shenandoah Mts. from the balcony, you'd have your own bathroom, there's a washer/dryer, etc.

If you're interested and/or have any questions let me know via PM.

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 pm

anyone else hanging out the waitlist?! w&l is my number 1 so I will hang in there until the last possible minute. I have done everything I can think of to get off the waitlist.... gah why do they have such a late deposit deadline! mer :( haha. It is just so stressful because I know my chances are not great.... but I still really want to go :( Waitlists SUCK

irenic

Postby irenic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

lalala21 wrote:anyone else hanging out the waitlist?! w&l is my number 1 so I will hang in there until the last possible minute. I have done everything I can think of to get off the waitlist.... gah why do they have such a late deposit deadline! mer :( haha. It is just so stressful because I know my chances are not great.... but I still really want to go :( Waitlists SUCK

What have you done?

amers73

Postby amers73 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

lalala21 wrote:anyone else hanging out the waitlist?! w&l is my number 1 so I will hang in there until the last possible minute. I have done everything I can think of to get off the waitlist.... gah why do they have such a late deposit deadline! mer :( haha. It is just so stressful because I know my chances are not great.... but I still really want to go :( Waitlists SUCK

I hope you get off the waitlist, good luck!

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:12 pm

irenic wrote:

What have you done?

Interviewed in person (did the whole visit thing), follow up thank you note, 2 longer heartfelt LOCIs (one talking about why it is my first choice and one talking about what I have been up to since). I have stated multiple times I would definitely attend if offered a spot. I am planning on calling or emailing next week just before the deposit deadline. I also was thinking I might visit again since i will be in the area (ish)…. Any other ideas?

ran12

Postby ran12 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

lalala21 wrote:
irenic wrote:

What have you done?

Interviewed in person (did the whole visit thing), follow up thank you note, 2 longer heartfelt LOCIs (one talking about why it is my first choice and one talking about what I have been up to since). I have stated multiple times I would definitely attend if offered a spot. I am planning on calling or emailing next week just before the deposit deadline. I also was thinking I might visit again since i will be in the area (ish)…. Any other ideas?

I think you've done pretty much everything you can do. As much as you want to go, don't overkill it. They might start taking people off the WL next week. Last year they started in late April.

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Im also holding on to my waitlist. I had such a positive experience when I visited, it just seems wrong not to. I wrote an LOCI in Feb, have been in constant email communication, went for the waitlist day, submitted another letter of recommendation, and wrote my thank you note. I received a hand written thank you note, which Im sure he sends out to everyone but still felt pretty nice. Should I write another LOCI? is there anything else I need to do or should I just pray to god that they like me enough to take me. My LSAT is the only low score holding me back. I have a good GPA, decent PS, recs, and 3yr work experience from a public accounting firm.

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey to all those lucky kids who were pulled off the waitlist today.... would you mind posting your stats and if you sent a/any LOCI(s)?? thankss :)

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Wed May 04, 2011 3:36 pm

lalala21 wrote:Hey to all those lucky kids who were pulled off the waitlist today.... would you mind posting your stats and if you sent a/any LOCI(s)?? thankss :)

+1

ran12

Postby ran12 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm

auroojgulzar wrote:
lalala21 wrote:Hey to all those lucky kids who were pulled off the waitlist today.... would you mind posting your stats and if you sent a/any LOCI(s)?? thankss :)

+1

Most likely they took URM or girls off the waitlist this round. Their gender ratio for 2013 was not that good.

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

im a girl and pakistani which is kind of URM but I didnt get that call. :(

next guess which lucky person could have gotten the call?????

ran12

Postby ran12 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:14 pm

auroojgulzar wrote:im a girl and pakistani which is kind of URM but I didnt get that call. :(

next guess which lucky person could have gotten the call?????

There are prob a good number of URM and girls on the waitlist and they might have just taken a handful off. The class is targeted at 134 so for all we know maybe 5 people got off.

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 pm

why not me??? do they not know I will give them my first born?? JK

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:06 pm

auroojgulzar wrote:why not me??? do they not know I will give them my first born?? JK

I know, RIGHT?! :)

But at least the email was somewhat[/i] hopeful.... since they said that they thought they would be able to take more people off the wait list after june 1st...... or am I just being totally crazy. I feel crazy.

I HATE THIS WAITLIST..... jk.. kinda.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”