W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mexicanwa
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby mexicanwa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 pm

159, 3.33 URM
Rejected

This hurts, not even a waitlist?

User avatar
jazzmastersc
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jazzmastersc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm

In today via email! They said scholarship info will be snail-mailed in the next 10 days. Since they don't offer need-based $$$ I am crossing my fingers for merit with 3.4/170. Good luck and see you at open house!

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby leidice » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

jennamc_85 wrote:In at W & L 3.9/162 (three lsats, others very low)


In as well! We have very similar stats.

Plan2008
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Plan2008 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:06 pm

TyrodTaylor wrote:No email for me.. Went in review on 1/31


I went in review 1/27. Maybe you're next week.

Plan2008
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Plan2008 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:20 pm

UA7789 wrote:Just got my scholarship letter. 31k per year with GPA stip


can I humbly ask numbers?

User avatar
rmjones03
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby rmjones03 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Denied:( no WL for me...

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby beachviolet11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm

waitlisted

UA7789
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby UA7789 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Plan2008 wrote:
UA7789 wrote:Just got my scholarship letter. 31k per year with GPA stip


can I humbly ask numbers?


165 3.66

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby cinephile » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm

UA7789 wrote:
Plan2008 wrote:
UA7789 wrote:Just got my scholarship letter. 31k per year with GPA stip


can I humbly ask numbers?


165 3.66


Congratulations! Is this the same 3.15 stipulation?

efeenstra
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby efeenstra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm

More numbers! $20,000 a year with 165 and 3.55.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 pm

efeenstra wrote:More numbers! $20,000 a year with 165 and 3.55.


Congrats!! This just proves what a crapshoot admissions is....I got wait listed with a 165/3.45.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:33 pm

+1

I got the 'ole WL too with 164/3.6

User avatar
jazzmastersc
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jazzmastersc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
efeenstra wrote:More numbers! $20,000 a year with 165 and 3.55.


Congrats!! This just proves what a crapshoot admissions is....I got wait listed with a 165/3.45.


Maybe W&L puts more emphasis on softs because of the small class size? LSN also shows a single LSAT point can be a difference maker in your stat range. W&L does admit from their wait list frequently, you should send a LOCI. I hope you get some good news soon!

UA7789
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby UA7789 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:46 pm

cinephile wrote:
UA7789 wrote:
Plan2008 wrote:
UA7789 wrote:Just got my scholarship letter. 31k per year with GPA stip


can I humbly ask numbers?


165 3.66


Congratulations! Is this the same 3.15 stipulation?


Thank you! and yes it is the same stipulation.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm

jazzmastersc wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
efeenstra wrote:More numbers! $20,000 a year with 165 and 3.55.


Congrats!! This just proves what a crapshoot admissions is....I got wait listed with a 165/3.45.


Maybe W&L puts more emphasis on softs because of the small class size? LSN also shows a single LSAT point can be a difference maker in your stat range. W&L does admit from their wait list frequently, you should send a LOCI. I hope you get some good news soon!


I appreciate the encouragement, but I already withdrew. I got in to Wake, which I preferred over W&L...still waiting on W&M. Should get a good scholly from Wake, which I wouldn't even if I get off the WL here. :-)

ins3rtc0in
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ins3rtc0in » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 am

In via email, with a $35,000/yr scholly 3.15 stipulation.

Pumped! Don't know much about the area, very interested to see VA. I had a 167/3.73 btw

dhbzz
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby dhbzz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am

.
Last edited by dhbzz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taylor247
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby taylor247 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

still waiting on scholarship info that apparently was sent on monday. Hopefully it's here by tomorrow..

efeenstra
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby efeenstra » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 pm

W&L seems to be very good at making the school sound amazing, but I'm curious as to what the class of 2014 might look like. So, a request for those of you who have been accepted and are seriously considering attending (or have already sent in a check). Where are you from? Where did you go for undergrad? Hobbies? Interests? What makes you awesome? I'll kick it off and risk looking self-absorbed by saying I'm from California, went to Bryn Mawr College, worked abroad in Turkey last year, and am an avid distance runner. The Middle East is my area of interest, and I'm hoping to sculpt my law degree towards human rights work in that area. Thanks for any insight you might lend!

And for all of you still waiting in a panicky sweat to hear back, best of luck!

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby crit_racer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:00 pm

i gratuated from university of phoenix online, like watching TV and want do personnel injury law

jasonc.
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:22 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby jasonc. » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 pm

crit_racer wrote:i gratuated from university of phoenix online, like watching TV and want do personnel injury law


lol

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 pm

dhbzz wrote:WL with a 157 3.55...non-URM...pretty shocked i wasn't rejected immediately...

Nothing against you, but that is some straight fuckery. I'll have a life-long passionate hate towards W&L for the way they treated my app.

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby MattThiessen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Anybody else get the Waitlist Update e-mail?

Best part:

Furthermore, some applicants will remain on our waiting list and others will be denied. If we would like to keep you on our waiting list, your ASO status will be changed from "In Review" to "Waitlisted" on Friday, February 11th. Additionally, you will receive an email informing you of your updated decision as well as providing you with some additional information detailing how our waiiting list process may develop in the coming months

Basically, some of us will have the privilege of getting waitlisted by W&L twice in the same cycle.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm

So uh, people who had a "wait list" decision rendered after 1/20 basically are not getting in?


Also, I hope they make a finalized decision on me this time around.
Last edited by gens1tb on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby weejonbu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm

efeenstra wrote:W&L seems to be very good at making the school sound amazing, but I'm curious as to what the class of 2014 might look like. So, a request for those of you who have been accepted and are seriously considering attending (or have already sent in a check). Where are you from? Where did you go for undergrad? Hobbies? Interests? What makes you awesome? I'll kick it off and risk looking self-absorbed by saying I'm from California, went to Bryn Mawr College, worked abroad in Turkey last year, and am an avid distance runner. The Middle East is my area of interest, and I'm hoping to sculpt my law degree towards human rights work in that area. Thanks for any insight you might lend!

And for all of you still waiting in a panicky sweat to hear back, best of luck!


Will you be coming to the Admitted Student Weekend in two weeks? Might be a good chance to ask these questions.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, mav1993, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, tinafeyclone, Tomthecat, ZEROL27 and 20 guests