W&L 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onepass

Bronze

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Post by onepass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:31 am

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine. I hope to hear back before Christmas.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
onepass wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:I sent the application in on Sunday afternoon. I went complete early Monday. Is this a good sign?

Are you complete or in review? After reading over this thread, I'm a bit puzzled because I seem to have gone into review incredibly quickly. Submitted last night and got an e-mail that I'm in review this morning.

I don't think it is a good sign for me. A shame, because I really like the school.
Yeah I'm under review as well. Same time period. My mistake. I am hopeful that I will get in.
They're super quick though, and I think they've been sending out all their responses at the same time. So the speed doesn't necessarily mean auto-reject/admit, but an answer will probably be coming in the next couple weeks. Good luck!

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 am

law_monkey wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
onepass wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:I sent the application in on Sunday afternoon. I went complete early Monday. Is this a good sign?

Are you complete or in review? After reading over this thread, I'm a bit puzzled because I seem to have gone into review incredibly quickly. Submitted last night and got an e-mail that I'm in review this morning.

I don't think it is a good sign for me. A shame, because I really like the school.
Yeah I'm under review as well. Same time period. My mistake. I am hopeful that I will get in.
They're super quick though, and I think they've been sending out all their responses at the same time. So the speed doesn't necessarily mean auto-reject/admit, but an answer will probably be coming in the next couple weeks. Good luck!
Thanks and congrats on your acceptances. Very impressive thus far.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
onepass wrote:

I submitted two weeks ago and have been complete since then...and I am NOT under review. Guess that's bad news for me.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:31 am

Spinozist21 wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
onepass wrote:

I submitted two weeks ago and have been complete since then...and I am NOT under review. Guess that's bad news for me.
I submitted on 11/17 and then was under review as of 11/18.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 am

Well, I am now under-review as well...I guess I'll know next Thursday (since its Tuesday I doubt they make a decision in two days...although it should be pretty easy LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 pm

I probably should have submitted a LSAT addendum...oh well.

onepass

Bronze

Post by onepass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I probably should have submitted a LSAT addendum...oh well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it! After they read my file, which is choke full of addendums and extra essays, they will probably be glad to see your file.

Do you really think those under review will have a decision next Thursday? I'm new to this thread so I'm not familiar with how the W and L process works. I just don't want it to be the 3-4 weeks they said in the e-mail.

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
onepass wrote:

+1. Submitted Sunday night, under review Monday morning. Eek.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 am

onepass wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it! After they read my file, which is choke full of addendums and extra essays, they will probably be glad to see your file.

Do you really think those under review will have a decision next Thursday? I'm new to this thread so I'm not familiar with how the W and L process works. I just don't want it to be the 3-4 weeks they said in the e-mail.
If you go back and read the earlier posts in this thread, a lot of them heard pretty quickly. Though I think it may take slightly longer now with the holidays coming up and everything.

Also, for those who went under review quickly, it seems to be a good thing. Barbie mentioned they review batches by strength - so if you are over one median, at least, you likely went under review quickly.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 am

onepass wrote:

I mean they are known to be fairly holistic as it is, but I think that writing the addendum would have been helpful for me.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:27 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
onepass wrote:

If you go back and read the earlier posts in this thread, a lot of them heard pretty quickly. Though I think it may take slightly longer now with the holidays coming up and everything.

Also, for those who went under review quickly, it seems to be a good thing. Barbie mentioned they review batches by strength - so if you are over one median, at least, you likely went under review quickly.
Yeah, but you figure that the turn around time with the groups from earlier in this thread would mean we should have decisions before the holiday period even gets involved...or so I would think.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 am

Spinozist21 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
onepass wrote:

Yeah, but you figure that the turn around time with the groups from earlier in this thread would mean we should have decisions before the holiday period even gets involved...or so I would think.
I would hope so!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
onepass wrote:

I would hope so!
I'd like to know this Thursday, but that isn't going to happen...at least unless the news is "well it only took 2 days for us to come to the conclusion we dont want you" :lol: :lol: :lol:

onepass

Bronze

Post by onepass » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:30 pm

I noticed by looking at LSN from last year that W&L sent out a huge number of decisions in the first week of December. Hopefully, we will hear by next Friday at the latest!

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:37 pm

onepass wrote:I noticed by looking at LSN from last year that W&L sent out a huge number of decisions in the first week of December. Hopefully, we will hear by next Friday at the latest!
Would be great to have my first response come from a great school like Washington and Lee...as long as I am admitted haha

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I have like a 99.9999999% of getting rejected. If I am accepted I will probably pass out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

onepass

Bronze

Post by onepass » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm an extreme reverse splitter. I have no idea what will happen, but am rather expecting a rejection.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Spack wrote:I have like a 99.9999999% of getting rejected. If I am accepted I will probably pass out.
Yeah...me too.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 pm

onepass wrote:I'm an extreme reverse splitter. I have no idea what will happen, but am rather expecting a rejection.
Not an extreme one...but I am also a reverser here too :lol: :lol: :lol:

pokerlaw

Bronze

Post by pokerlaw » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm a reverse splitter as well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lilliea

New

Post by lilliea » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 pm

pokerlaw wrote:I'm a reverse splitter as well.
There seem to be a lot of us in this awful position. I'm dreading my stay in waitlist city already.
Last edited by lilliea on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

lilliea wrote:
pokerlaw wrote:I'm a reverse splitter as well.
There seem to be a lot of us in this awful position. I'm dreadig my stay in waitlist city already.
Same...well maybe a couple of us will be accepted? Or we might all end up on the WL...

onepass

Bronze

Post by onepass » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:42 pm

We will find out soon enough! It seems as though a few reverse splitters have been making it in.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm

onepass wrote:We will find out soon enough! It seems as though a few reverse splitters have been making it in.
Good luck to all of us! :)

*praying that we ALL get in.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”