George Mason 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:10 pm

tag :)

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby law4vus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)


Agreed. I got WLed with a 167 and a GPA close to median. Already got Washington and Lee though so it doesn't bother me too much. I'll self ding as well.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)


The card also states that you can email them your response. I don't know if that makes any difference but I figured I'd let you know.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:11 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)


The card also states that you can email them your response. I don't know if that makes any difference but I figured I'd let you know.


Yes, it does. (But that kind of cuts down on the impact, don't you think?)

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)


The card also states that you can email them your response. I don't know if that makes any difference but I figured I'd let you know.


Yes, it does. (But that kind of cuts down on the impact, don't you think?)


Yeah, it does. I figured you left it out for impact but I overlooked it the first time I read it so I figured I would make sure you didn't. I did find the crooked sticker with my name on it that they placed on the card fairly amusing.

gummy19vp
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby gummy19vp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Just got admitted via phone call first acceptance of my cycle woo!!!

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm

gummy19vp wrote:Just got admitted via phone call first acceptance of my cycle woo!!!


Congratz!

jspri
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jspri » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:52 pm

just got in via phone call. cant believe it, but somehow i managed. 155/3.91
Last edited by jspri on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby mountaintime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Congrats, guys. I ended up matriculating somewhere else, but I got the phone call last year and it was my first acceptance. It was actually a voicemail... I checked it while on the highway and just flipped the fuck out. Congratulations to all of you. GMU is a good school.

User avatar
nihil1315
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby nihil1315 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 am

2.9x, 167: Got in via voicemail today, my first response from any school (I applied mid-December). Let's just say I'm glad the blinds in my room were closed so my neighbors didn't get to see the celebratory dance.

Underground404
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Underground404 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!!

I like the fact that this is a small law school. Even though everyone commutes to the school, it appears that GMU has a tight community. :D

How many of you are giving GMU serious consideration? I certainly am.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Underground404 wrote:Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!!

I like the fact that this is a small law school. Even though everyone commutes to the school, it appears that GMU has a tight community. :D

How many of you are giving GMU serious consideration? I certainly am.


I certainly am, depending on scholly. I can't afford to pay sticker anywhere, but the thing about Mason is that my dad lives 20 mins from campus, so I could live rent-free all 3 years. So if I get a decent amount of money for tuition, Mason is going to be a REALLY attractive option.

User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby ach24 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 pm

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alexb
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby alexb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

I applied PT. Patiently waiting :)

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

alexb wrote:I applied PT. Patiently waiting :)


thats my favorite 50 Cent song :)

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

law4vus wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:Waitlisted - got the letter last night.

What I love most? The letter included a postcard for me to indicate whether A. Yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist, or B. No, I don't want to be on the waitlist. The postcard is not return postage paid. What, GM, you can't be bothered with the 9 cents it would cost you to put return bulk postage on the cards? Fuck that - I'll self ding (but I won't tell you. I don't seem to have a stamp on me.)


Agreed. I got WLed with a 167 and a GPA close to median. Already got Washington and Lee though so it doesn't bother me too much. I'll self ding as well.


YPs a bitch, but you already got a better school in the same market.

LSATclincher
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby LSATclincher » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:08 pm

alexb wrote:I applied PT. Patiently waiting :)


Me too. Curious to hear your #'s and WE if you're willing to share in a PM.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 pm

tag

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby law4vus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:18 pm

HeavenWood wrote:YPs a bitch, but you already got a better school in the same market.


Yea, plus my PS was like 300 words too long for them so I just hacked away at it without really caring. It could have actually not made logical sense because I really didn't have much interest in going to GMU. Oh well.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 pm

law4vus wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:YPs a bitch, but you already got a better school in the same market.


Yea, plus my PS was like 300 words too long for them so I just hacked away at it without really caring. It could have actually not made logical sense because I really didn't have much interest in going to GMU. Oh well.

Lulz. Mine was exactly 1000 and then I read the specifics for all the schools I was applying to, and got to GMU's 500, and was like, "Fuuuuu..." I did it, but honestly, the 1000-word version (which afterwards got cut to 900-something) was better than the 500.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby law4vus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Kinderby wrote:
law4vus wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:YPs a bitch, but you already got a better school in the same market.


Yea, plus my PS was like 300 words too long for them so I just hacked away at it without really caring. It could have actually not made logical sense because I really didn't have much interest in going to GMU. Oh well.

Lulz. Mine was exactly 1000 and then I read the specifics for all the schools I was applying to, and got to GMU's 500, and was like, "Fuuuuu..." I did it, but honestly, the 1000-word version (which afterwards got cut to 900-something) was better than the 500.


Oh yeah, I really liked my original statement and I was pretty salty about having to cut it down to 500. Even for Maryland, it said I had to include why I wanted to go there, so I literally added one sentence to the last paragraph saying I was from Maryland and wanted to practice in the area. Didn't logically follow the flow of the statement. Still got in. F you, GMU. lol

solarae
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby solarae » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am

My checker is blank next to "decision" but "decision date" says 1/12.

Does this just mean it's complete as of the 12th and their checker is not very specific, or that they've most likely mailed something on the 12th ish?

Thanks! and congrats to all.. GM is such an appealing school! :)

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

Mine went blank on the 12th, too. I do hope that means Complete.

gwstudent35
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby gwstudent35 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Just got in via cell phone call! GMU is very attractive, but is it really as conservative as everyone says?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptKangaroo, emirleee, JosefK, Lhcarter22, premalone and 8 guests