George Mason 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 pm

I got in weeks ago with last name starting with an M. The alphabetical theory is incorrect.

User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Henchman21 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:37 pm

I was accepted last week with no phone call. Only email

WashingtonJew
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby WashingtonJew » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 pm

In this morning via phone call!

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby YankeesFan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 am

The alphabetical theory only applies to the call order on given day. For example, people with last names ending in A and B got called before me and my last name ends in an H. Its not for the overall admissions process.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 am

YankeesFan wrote:The alphabetical theory only applies to the call order on given day. For example, people with last names ending in A and B got called before me and my last name ends in an H. Its not for the overall admissions process.

This is stupid to even note then if it doesnt apply "for the overall admissions process".

I didnt get a phone call. Email only.

So, its best not to try to read into more things than necessary.

theregulator
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby theregulator » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Wait List via mail.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby dreakol » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Has anyone had their status change yo decision rendered and received an acceptance notification a couple days later?

From what I gather, it seems like the called people the same day their status checker changed if they were accepted.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 pm

dreakol wrote:Has anyone had their status change yo decision rendered and received an acceptance notification a couple days later?

From what I gather, it seems like the called people the same day their status checker changed if they were accepted.

Its pretty immediate.

You get an email or a phone call the same day.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 pm

gdane5 wrote:
dreakol wrote:Has anyone had their status change yo decision rendered and received an acceptance notification a couple days later?

From what I gather, it seems like the called people the same day their status checker changed if they were accepted.

Its pretty immediate.

You get an email or a phone call the same day.


There was a one-day lag for Penn, but I suppose they're the exception to the rule.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 pm

decision rendered come across my status checker yesterday.. still have yet to get a call/email -- not feeling too good about it

mwheatley
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby mwheatley » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm

I got a call Dec 1 telling me I had been admitted. My status checker hasn't changed, I haven't received my admissions packet, and I haven't received an email. I spoke with the admissions and they are resending the packet. Stuff happens I guess.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
dreakol wrote:Has anyone had their status change yo decision rendered and received an acceptance notification a couple days later?

From what I gather, it seems like the called people the same day their status checker changed if they were accepted.

Its pretty immediate.

You get an email or a phone call the same day.


There was a one-day lag for Penn, but I suppose they're the exception to the rule.

Son, this is a GMU thread. We're talking about GMU.

Congrats on Penn, but we dont care how long Penn took. Ok pumpkin?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:54 pm

gdane5 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
gdane5 wrote:
dreakol wrote:Has anyone had their status change yo decision rendered and received an acceptance notification a couple days later?

From what I gather, it seems like the called people the same day their status checker changed if they were accepted.

Its pretty immediate.

You get an email or a phone call the same day.


There was a one-day lag for Penn, but I suppose they're the exception to the rule.

Son, this is a GMU thread. We're talking about GMU.

Congrats on Penn, but we dont care how long Penn took. Ok pumpkin?


LOL, I had interpreted that as a general "how long does it take status checkers to switch" question. The last thing I'm trying to do is pull a masterthearts.

Carry on, everyone (and good luck!)
Last edited by HeavenWood on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby dreakol » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Shucks.

I am kind of nervous now. No email or phone call yesterday even though my status checker changed.

I hate to say this but I considered myself a lock for this school.

BHDLaw
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby BHDLaw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:43 pm

I'm sitting at 11/29 with a message at the top that says I'm complete, but a blank status. Anybody else in that situation?

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:26 am

Yeah, I'm the same as you. Complete since 11/23 nothing for decision but complete at the top.

User avatar
Bill Cosby
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Bill Cosby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 am

First official ding of the cycle. :cry:

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:11 pm

My status checker changed this morning but no e-mail or phone call. I guess that means I'm waitlisted or denied? I really thought that I would make it in...

User avatar
crysmissmichelle
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby crysmissmichelle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 pm

They're making calls today! I just got accepted by voicemail! lmao, so happy to have a first acceptance!

User avatar
J. Cheever Loophole
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby J. Cheever Loophole » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Just got the phone call. First acceptance of the season after ding from UVA. This was essentially my safety, but it is comforting to have the security now.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Still no phone call. Hmmm.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 pm

onepass wrote:Still no phone call. Hmmm.


They did let a few people in via email last round. Don't worry yet.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Just got the phone call.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm

onepass wrote:Just got the phone call.



Same here - actually by voice mail :D Congrats to everyone else who got in!!

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 pm

GMU is waiting until after June 15 to start pulling people from the waitlist...what the heck, that is an insanely long time. I sent in my request to be on the waitlist, but I'll probably end up withdrawing in February or March *sigh*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barelyouthere, beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, JazzyMac and 5 guests