George Mason 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 am

In via phone call.
They said the packet will be mailed today.

Edit: I applied 10/4. Complete 10/6.
Numbers 165/3.62. 7yrs WE.
Last edited by Capitol A on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:50 am

I'm c9h13no3hcl on lawschoolnumbers btw.

I sent GMU's app in along with AUWCL. Applied to the PT program. Haven't heard a peep from them since I got my status checker. Even my checker doesn't say anything, it's all blank.

I think they're waiting on my December LSAT?

zrcm18
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby zrcm18 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

Capitol A wrote:In via phone call.
They said the packet will be mailed today.


Numbers? When did you apply??

I didn't go complete until 11/11....probably won't hear anything in this batch of decisions...
Last edited by zrcm18 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adammac17
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby adammac17 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 am

In via phone call just now
3.44 169

ill check sent/complete dates but i dont even remember getting a status checker :lol:

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm

also in via phone call, no change in status checker

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jwrash » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm

hipstermafia wrote:also in via phone call, no change in status checker

+1 Congrats!

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm

My phone is staying in front of me all day...

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Just got the call! :)

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 pm

JakeL wrote:Just got the call! :)


Grats! What's your GPA/LSAT and when did you apply (if you don't mind saying)?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Looks like everyone in so far went complete in October. November folks like me probably have some waiting to do.

Crazycall2
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Crazycall2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Also in via phone call

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I didnt expect them to start calling so early in December.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 pm

3|ink wrote:
JakeL wrote:Just got the call! :)


Grats! What's your GPA/LSAT and when did you apply (if you don't mind saying)?


That's great 3|ink! I remember from the Oct. LSAT waiting thread that GMU's a top choice for you. It must feel great to get the news. I'm still really crossing my fingers for a 17/x in Dec and GWU or even GULC, but GMU is great too. Probably would take GMU over American.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm

androstan wrote:
3|ink wrote:
JakeL wrote:Just got the call! :)


Grats! What's your GPA/LSAT and when did you apply (if you don't mind saying)?


That's great 3|ink! I remember from the Oct. LSAT waiting thread that GMU's a top choice for you. It must feel great to get the news. I'm still really crossing my fingers for a 17/x in Dec and GWU or even GULC, but GMU is great too. Probably would take GMU over American.


Thanks, but I didn't get the call. JackL did. I'm still waiting. I applied last week :( I probably won't hear back until January.

GL in December.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

3|ink wrote:
androstan wrote:
3|ink wrote:
JakeL wrote:Just got the call! :)


Grats! What's your GPA/LSAT and when did you apply (if you don't mind saying)?


That's great 3|ink! I remember from the Oct. LSAT waiting thread that GMU's a top choice for you. It must feel great to get the news. I'm still really crossing my fingers for a 17/x in Dec and GWU or even GULC, but GMU is great too. Probably would take GMU over American.


Thanks, but I didn't get the call. JackL did. I'm still waiting. I applied last week :( I probably won't hear back until January.

GL in December.


Oops my forum-reading skillz are weak.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

androstan wrote: Probably would take GMU over American.


As you should.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
androstan wrote: Probably would take GMU over American.


As you should.


They're separated by, what, like six spots on USNWR? Is the "take GMU" conclusion mostly based on $ then for most people?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 pm

androstan wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
androstan wrote: Probably would take GMU over American.


As you should.


They're separated by, what, like six spots on USNWR? Is the "take GMU" conclusion mostly based on $ then for most people?


GMU is a riser and the career prospects are much better there than AU. GMU is also a lot closer to downtown DC than AU which helps.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 pm

androstan wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
androstan wrote: Probably would take GMU over American.


As you should.


They're separated by, what, like six spots on USNWR? Is the "take GMU" conclusion mostly based on $ then for most people?


GMU's reputation gets better by the year. I hear AMU has a reverse trend.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:07 pm

3|ink wrote:
JakeL wrote:Just got the call! :)


Grats! What's your GPA/LSAT and when did you apply (if you don't mind saying)?


pm'd, I applied very early but don't recall specific date.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:24 pm

ran12 wrote:
androstan wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
androstan wrote: Probably would take GMU over American.


As you should.


They're separated by, what, like six spots on USNWR? Is the "take GMU" conclusion mostly based on $ then for most people?


GMU is a riser and the career prospects are much better there than AU. GMU is also a lot closer to downtown DC than AU which helps.


GMU is probably a riser because they don't indiscriminately yield protect against every candidate above their 75th %ile. They're also much more generous with merit aid.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 pm

HeavenWood wrote:GMU is probably a riser because they don't indiscriminately yield protect against every candidate above their 75th %ile. They're also much more generous with merit aid.

I think cheaper overall as well, definitely for VA in state.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:27 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:GMU is probably a riser because they don't indiscriminately yield protect against every candidate above their 75th %ile. They're also much more generous with merit aid.

I think cheaper overall as well, definitely for VA in state.


Even OOS they're only 25k--a real steal.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2708
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby androstan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:GMU is probably a riser because they don't indiscriminately yield protect against every candidate above their 75th %ile. They're also much more generous with merit aid.

I think cheaper overall as well, definitely for VA in state.


Even OOS they're only 25k--a real steal.


OOS their tuition is 36.3k/year. Not a bad price, but not 25k. Still, it's almost 10k/year cheaper than the more "elite" schools like GULC/GWU/etc.

According to LSN it looks like GMU has mostly accepted reverse splitters so far. One person above both medians. No high LSAT splitters yet.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:49 pm

androstan wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:GMU is probably a riser because they don't indiscriminately yield protect against every candidate above their 75th %ile. They're also much more generous with merit aid.

I think cheaper overall as well, definitely for VA in state.


Even OOS they're only 25k--a real steal.


OOS their tuition is 36.3k/year. Not a bad price, but not 25k. Still, it's almost 10k/year cheaper than the more "elite" schools like GULC/GWU/etc.

According to LSN it looks like GMU has mostly accepted reverse splitters so far. One person above both medians. No high LSAT splitters yet.


My bad--I think I looked up undergraduate tuition data my mistake.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], call-me-bubbles, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hip to be Square, lawlawland16, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests