George Mason 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 pm

kjadkins wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I am willing to bet another round goes out on Friday


Fair assumption. Just skimmed back through the thread, looks like big batches of decisions went out Dec 1 and Dec 6. That would make my weekend (assuming i get in...)


I want to have one piece of good news before Christmas and I have high hopes for George Mason!

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 pm

onepass wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I am willing to bet another round goes out on Friday


Fair assumption. Just skimmed back through the thread, looks like big batches of decisions went out Dec 1 and Dec 6. That would make my weekend (assuming i get in...)


I want to have one piece of good news before Christmas and I have high hopes for George Mason!


Samesies.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby TT09 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 pm

onepass wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I am willing to bet another round goes out on Friday


Fair assumption. Just skimmed back through the thread, looks like big batches of decisions went out Dec 1 and Dec 6. That would make my weekend (assuming i get in...)


I want to have one piece of good news before Christmas and I have high hopes for George Mason!


My "one piece of good news" from GMU? They sent me a damn X-mas card today...thanks, guys. Really.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 pm

TT09 wrote:
onepass wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I am willing to bet another round goes out on Friday


Fair assumption. Just skimmed back through the thread, looks like big batches of decisions went out Dec 1 and Dec 6. That would make my weekend (assuming i get in...)


I want to have one piece of good news before Christmas and I have high hopes for George Mason!


My "one piece of good news" from GMU? They sent me a damn X-mas card today...thanks, guys. Really.


IMHO, GMU picked the wrong Virginia founding father to name their university after.

Patrick Henry University would be so much more badass.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby TT09 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Haha, I like that, HW. Has a certain 'ring' to it...

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Went decision rendered on 12/6 and just got my waitlist letter in the mail today. I have to send something back stating I want to be put on the waitlist. Doing that ASAP!

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:54 pm

I disagree about them picking the wrong founding father...A guy who refused to sign because the Constitution could allow government to be too powerful??? Great foresight in my opinion.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Capitol A wrote:I disagree about them picking the wrong founding father...A guy who refused to sign because the Constitution could allow government to be too powerful??? Great foresight in my opinion.


Patrick Henry: Give me a T1 law school or give me crippling debt!

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Capitol A wrote:I disagree about them picking the wrong founding father...A guy who refused to sign because the Constitution could allow government to be too powerful??? Great foresight in my opinion.


Patrick Henry: Give me a T1 law school or give me crippling debt!

Okay....You win. I'm not even going to try to beat that one.

ndbrenner
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby ndbrenner » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

tag

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Henry was too controversial. Wasn't he against establishing any form of federal government?

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 pm

3|ink wrote:Henry was too controversial. Wasn't he against establishing any form of federal government?

Compared with what we have now that doesn't sound so bad...but either way, is that any more contreversial than refusing to sign the Constitution?

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm

I just want to hear already!

I don't know about the card. All of my mail is getting sent to my permanent address and I haven't talked to my mom in a few weeks.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.


I didn't get the card, I checked my PO box today and spoke to my mom on the phone (if it had been sent to my house she would have told me)... hope that's not a bad sign.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 pm

kjadkins wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.


I didn't get the card, I checked my PO box today and spoke to my mom on the phone (if it had been sent to my house she would have told me)... hope that's not a bad sign.


Where do you live? I live in CT, so it might be closer and why I got it earlier. George Mason is a huge reach for me so do not worry too much. I think it has little to do with anything, but I am trying to find out more.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.


I didn't get the card, I checked my PO box today and spoke to my mom on the phone (if it had been sent to my house she would have told me)... hope that's not a bad sign.


Where do you live? I live in CT, so it might be closer and why I got it earlier. George Mason is a huge reach for me so do not worry too much. I think it has little to do with anything, but I am trying to find out more.


Nope, I live in VA, I'm much closer.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

kjadkins wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.


I didn't get the card, I checked my PO box today and spoke to my mom on the phone (if it had been sent to my house she would have told me)... hope that's not a bad sign.


Where do you live? I live in CT, so it might be closer and why I got it earlier. George Mason is a huge reach for me so do not worry too much. I think it has little to do with anything, but I am trying to find out more.


Nope, I live in VA, I'm much closer.


My LSAT is horrible, so don't worry. What does your status checker say? Mine does not even say if I am complete or not. I applied on the 26th, and I finally got my status checker on 12/01. I am probably quite some time away from a decision.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:45 pm

jaydizzle wrote: My LSAT is horrible, so don't worry. What does your status checker say? Mine does not even say if I am complete or not. I applied on the 26th, and I finally got my status checker on 12/01. I am probably quite some time away from a decision.



I submitted on 11/30, got the checker on 12/3 and went complete on 12/6 and status is blank, but it does say at the top that my application is complete. In my experience so far, nearly all of these status checkers have been worthless (although I might not be saying that if I had found out I was in on one of them, but no word from anyone yet).

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.

I'm in and I didn't get a card.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:00 am

3|ink wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.

I'm in and I didn't get a card.



There goes my rather optimistic and ungrounded assertion. :lol:

User avatar
Henchman21
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby Henchman21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 am

3|ink wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Did everyone get these cards regardless if they were waitlisted or rejected? Just wondering.

I'm in and I didn't get a card.


+1

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby YankeesFan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 am

Status checker is now an error page. Anyone think it is a sign that theyre updating it?

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: George Mason 2011 Applicants

Postby 3|ink » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Status checker is now an error page. Anyone think it is a sign that theyre updating it?


Maybe.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 9 guests