UNC 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scruffs mcguff

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby scruffs mcguff » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:58 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Hey guys since I'm sure I won't be attending now I choose to withdraw. It would have been great to see if I could have gotten that chancellor scholarship but that would be a pretty jerk thing to do since I'm pretty sure even with it I wouldn't attend. I hope one of you guys get my slot and that scholarship. Oh and on the subject of basketball, being from Illinois and going to the state school Duke and UNC really piss me off that they come and take our best players (maggette, Frasor, Scheyer, May, etc.....). Also I'm still not over that national championship game.............

<--------------- "Sorry about beating you guys, GL in LS."

computersareafad

Postby computersareafad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 pm

for the alums out there, how does housing usually work? what are some of the places to live with the most law students? is there a place where a lot of 1Ls live?

TarHeel11

Postby TarHeel11 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Hey guys since I'm sure I won't be attending now I choose to withdraw. It would have been great to see if I could have gotten that chancellor scholarship but that would be a pretty jerk thing to do since I'm pretty sure even with it I wouldn't attend. I hope one of you guys get my slot and that scholarship. Oh and on the subject of basketball, being from Illinois and going to the state school Duke and UNC really piss me off that they come and take our best players (maggette, Frasor, Scheyer, May, etc.....). Also I'm still not over that national championship game.............

FYI, we snagged Sean May from Indiana, not Illinois.

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 am

Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 am

beccabea wrote:
computersareafad wrote:for the alums out there, how does housing usually work? what are some of the places to live with the most law students? is there a place where a lot of 1Ls live?

There's a lot of info on this thread about housing already. Just flip a few pages back (I think there's even a pretty long entry on the page right before this).

Becca, what development are you looking to live in next year? How early do you think we have to put a deposit down by to secure housing?

beccabea

Postby beccabea » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 am

Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am

TarHeel11 wrote:

FYI May was from Chicago and moved to Indiana.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am

scruffs mcguff wrote:

<--------------- "Sorry about beating you guys, GL in LS."

Yeah you're really sorry. It sucked so much because May got every freaking call in the book and our bigs were in foul trouble. But that's what you get when you play physical inside. I was much more disappointed when Luther Head lost the ball at the end of that game. What's sad is all that talent in that game (on both sides) and I think Deron Williams is the only player from that game to make it to an all star sgame.

TarHeel11

Postby TarHeel11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
TarHeel11 wrote:

FYI May was from Chicago and moved to Indiana.

LOL. He was born there because his dad had played for the Bulls. Shortly after Scott May's career was over they moved back to Bloomington, Ind. You might have heard that Scott May played for IU. National Player of the Year. Last undefeated team. Etc.

Sean May considers Bloomington home, not Chicago.

PDL

Postby PDL » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Last edited by PDL on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 am

Has any merit aid gone out yet for people accepted in January? At all?

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 am

PDL wrote:I love that the angst that's been stewing in unc0mm0n since April 5th, 2005 is bubbling to the surface.

Lol. Crap, I thought I got over it. And for the Sean may guy, you win its not a big deal to me I just remember them saying he was a Chicago kid during the NC game and that his dad played for the bulls.

pattonthicke

Postby pattonthicke » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Has any merit aid gone out yet for people accepted in January? At all?

I have this same question. I got an email from unc saying they would be sending schollys out by email in a week or so, over a week ago. But I guess that technically could mean 2-3 weeks. Save for chancellor invites, i dont think anything else has gone out.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:09 pm

pattonthicke wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:Has any merit aid gone out yet for people accepted in January? At all?

I have this same question. I got an email from unc saying they would be sending schollys out by email in a week or so, over a week ago. But I guess that technically could mean 2-3 weeks. Save for chancellor invites, i dont think anything else has gone out.

+1, here.

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:58 am

Anyone know if chancellor invites will be extended throughout the remainder of the cycle?

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:02 am

Hey SupraVln I posted this in the dating philosophy thread but I figured it would be of more use over here.

DeeCee wrote:Is your scholarship interview this weekend (as in today)? Or next weekend?
Last edited by DeeCee on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 am

jwrash wrote:Anyone know if chancellor invites will be extended throughout the remainder of the cycle?

+1 on this, I'd like to know as well.

lvsmithmarsh

Postby lvsmithmarsh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 am

jwrash wrote:Anyone know if chancellor invites will be extended throughout the remainder of the cycle?

I believe the Chancellor Scholar's weekend is next weekend (based on the website, and what people have said here), so I imagine no...

As for other scholarship info, I don't think anyone other than the Chancellor's Scholar invites have received anything... what I imagine will happen is that they have their weekend, make decisions on who they want to offer full rides, and then start sending out scholarship info to everyone else.

But that's just speculation...

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 pm

lvsmithmarsh wrote:

I believe the Chancellor Scholar's weekend is next weekend (based on the website, and what people have said here), so I imagine no...

As for other scholarship info, I don't think anyone other than the Chancellor's Scholar invites have received anything... what I imagine will happen is that they have their weekend, make decisions on who they want to offer full rides, and then start sending out scholarship info to everyone else.

But that's just speculation...

That would make sense to me. The email seemed to indicate $ offers were going out last week, but I think that might have been only the Chancellor's Scholar invitations.

borntorun86

Postby borntorun86 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 am

Before the last round of admissions (2/3), we got a friendly little rumor about when they would drop. Any such word coming down the pipes this week?

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

DeeCee wrote:Hey SupraVln I posted this in the dating philosophy thread but I figured it would be of more use over here.

DeeCee wrote:Is your scholarship interview this weekend (as in today)? Or next weekend?

I didn't even see this post. My interview is this upcoming Saturday morning (2/26). I am very nervous, I'm trying to think of every question they can possibly ask me.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

borntorun86 wrote:Before the last round of admissions (2/3), we got a friendly little rumor about when they would drop. Any such word coming down the pipes this week?

Honestly, I'd just like to see some movement on my app (been complete since December). This wait is killing me. :evil:

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Capitalist wrote:
borntorun86 wrote:Before the last round of admissions (2/3), we got a friendly little rumor about when they would drop. Any such word coming down the pipes this week?

Honestly, I'd just like to see some movement on my app (been complete since December). This wait is killing me. :evil:
November for me. Is anyone even "In Review" at this time? IIRC someone was saying that the admissions office told them the status checker does not necessarily reflect whether you are in review in real time.

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Jeffro wrote:
Capitalist wrote:

November for me. Is anyone even "In Review" at this time? IIRC someone was saying that the admissions office told them the status checker does not necessarily reflect whether you are in review in real time.

I've been "In Review" since 12/9 lol

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 pm

jwrash wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Capitalist wrote:

I've been "In Review" since 12/9 lol

right there with you

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”