UNC 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
YouDontKnowMe

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:14 pm

lolrskates wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
lolrskates wrote:I'm considering submitting a photo of my large commemorative ram tattoo as a "letter of continued interest". I think it would be hilarious but I'm not sure if admissions committees have senses of humor. What do y'all think?

Here's da ink:
http://i.imgur.com/IIBsa.jpg

99.99% sure you are joking but if you're for real, do it.

I'm serious. It could be like in Legally Blonde where her bikini/pool video got her into Harvard. Only more badass.

If you actually do this, I would recommend putting Dean States' name on it. I have less faith in Kott's sense of humor..

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:48 pm

YouDontKnowMe wrote:
lolrskates wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
lolrskates wrote:I'm considering submitting a photo of my large commemorative ram tattoo as a "letter of continued interest". I think it would be hilarious but I'm not sure if admissions committees have senses of humor. What do y'all think?

Here's da ink:
http://i.imgur.com/IIBsa.jpg

99.99% sure you are joking but if you're for real, do it.

I'm serious. It could be like in Legally Blonde where her bikini/pool video got her into Harvard. Only more badass.

If you actually do this, I would recommend putting Dean States' name on it. I have less faith in Kott's sense of humor..

DOOOO ITTTTT and let us know of the results! :lol:

For more serious advice though--I'm unsure about their sense of humor. And more importantly they might think of you as a joke, which is not good.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 pm

This is going to be an agonizing week. Those of us still waiting will finally receive a decision.

Good luck everyone.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:17 pm

So do you guys think we will have a decision by the end of Friday or will the notices rain down on Sunday (May 1st)?! :shock:

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:40 pm

mez06 wrote:So do you guys think we will have a decision by the end of Friday or will the notices rain down on Sunday (May 1st)?! :shock:

My guess is that we'll hear on Friday.

YouDontKnowMe

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:43 pm

I just hope UNC keeps its promise of getting those decisions out by May 1. Are they liable for breach of contract if they don't? I would imagine that they are, since people apply and pay their $75 with the understanding that they'll get a decision by then (I can't find on the admissions website where it says decisions will be made by May 1, though -- where did we get this info?). Although I'm not sure they'd be liable for anything past that $75, unless someone could argue that they turned down some kind of lucrative offer with the expectation that they'd hear from UNC by May 1.. They would know better than I do.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:45 pm

When you log in to your status checker it says at the top that all applicants will have a decision by May 1.

YouDontKnowMe

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Capitalist wrote:When you log in to your status checker it says at the top that all applicants will have a decision by May 1.

Oh, okay. Derp derp.

IBThatGuy

Postby IBThatGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 am

YouDontKnowMe wrote:I just hope UNC keeps its promise of getting those decisions out by May 1. Are they liable for breach of contract if they don't? I would imagine that they are, since people apply and pay their $75 with the understanding that they'll get a decision by then (I can't find on the admissions website where it says decisions will be made by May 1, though -- where did we get this info?). Although I'm not sure they'd be liable for anything past that $75, unless someone could argue that they turned down some kind of lucrative offer with the expectation that they'd hear from UNC by May 1.. They would know better than I do.

I don't want my $75. They can have my $75, and they can have my seat deposit - a few times over. I'd pay my first semester's tuition today. It's UNC, or I wait a year (and reapply to UNC).

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I'm really holding out hope that you get in. I do not think that I will so I've reached some level of personal calm about it all..

YouDontKnowMe

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

IBThatGuy wrote:
YouDontKnowMe wrote:I just hope UNC keeps its promise of getting those decisions out by May 1. Are they liable for breach of contract if they don't? I would imagine that they are, since people apply and pay their $75 with the understanding that they'll get a decision by then (I can't find on the admissions website where it says decisions will be made by May 1, though -- where did we get this info?). Although I'm not sure they'd be liable for anything past that $75, unless someone could argue that they turned down some kind of lucrative offer with the expectation that they'd hear from UNC by May 1.. They would know better than I do.

I don't want my $75. They can have my $75, and they can have my seat deposit - a few times over. I'd pay my first semester's tuition today. It's UNC, or I wait a year (and reapply to UNC).

I didn't mean that we should all wait and see if they get our decisions by May 1 and then scramble to sue them for $75 if they don't. I was just wondering out loud about the probability that they'll stick to their word, since they seem to have missed every other deadline they've set for themselves in terms of what they've told people on the phone about when the next waves were coming out. What I wouldn't give to sit in on their admissions meetings..

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm

YouDontKnowMe wrote:
IBThatGuy wrote:

I didn't mean that we should all wait and see if they get our decisions by May 1 and then scramble to sue them for $75 if they don't. I was just wondering out loud about the probability that they'll stick to their word, since they seem to have missed every other deadline they've set for themselves in terms of what they've told people on the phone about when the next waves were coming out. What I wouldn't give to sit in on their admissions meetings..

I think it's very probable that they reveal our decisions before May 1. I'm very much wondering what mine will be...it has been quite a long cycle.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm about 95%-99% sure I will be dinged come Friday.

rivkah

Postby rivkah » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Officially on the waitlist... Anyone else hear today? Gotta stay positive! At least it's not a rejection, right?

Decision Status: Waitlist offer
Decision Status Date: 4/25/2011

jb11

Postby jb11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Just checked aaaaaaaaaaaaand, waitlisted. Ugh. I'm so happy to have a decision, but so sad to still have so much uncertainty! So conflicted, haha. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Just checked aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...still complete. Sigh.

Bobo355

Postby Bobo355 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Capitalist wrote:Just checked aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...still complete. Sigh.

Same boat Capitalist.

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Waitlisted...finally. Well above 75% LSAT, below 25% GPA, in-state, complete since 11/12.

YouDontKnowMe

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 pm

rivkah wrote:Officially on the waitlist... Anyone else hear today? Gotta stay positive! At least it's not a rejection, right?

I just glanced through the posts of the people who were waitlisted, and what happened to you telling the Wake board that you "wouldn't want to go anywhere else," rivkah? Haha, that sounds like a "sweet nothing" to me.

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 pm

YouDontKnowMe wrote:
rivkah wrote:Officially on the waitlist... Anyone else hear today? Gotta stay positive! At least it's not a rejection, right?

I just glanced through the posts of the people who were waitlisted, and what happened to you telling the Wake board that you "wouldn't want to go anywhere else," rivkah? Haha, that sounds like a "sweet nothing" to me.

So what exactly are you trying to say YouDontKnowMe?

PHC

Postby PHC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Add me to the waitlist as well. I'm glad I waited this long just to wait some more.

YouDontKnowMe

Postby YouDontKnowMe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Jeffro wrote:
YouDontKnowMe wrote:

So what exactly are you trying to say YouDontKnowMe?

I just meant that what rivkah said on the Wake board doesn't seem to be entirely true if he/she is still concerned about getting into UNC. Why, did I accidently imply something offensive?

richis7

Postby richis7 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Also on the wait list as of today... didn't get a single "rejection" this cycle (I'm not sure how I feel about that)... sitting on 4 wait lists.

Best of luck to the folks wait listed and the folks who haven't heard yet.

If anyone is curious about stats, 3.2 gpa, 160 lsat, wake forest: philosophy major graduating this year.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:42 pm

richis7 wrote:Also on the wait list as of today... didn't get a single "rejection" this cycle (I'm not sure how I feel about that)... sitting on 4 wait lists.

Best of luck to the folks wait listed and the folks who haven't heard yet.

If anyone is curious about stats, 3.2 gpa, 160 lsat, wake forest: philosophy major graduating this year.

Are you a NC resident?

Mach 26

Postby Mach 26 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Still sitting at complete so I thought I would go ahead and join the thread. I was a late OOS submittal but I am really hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”