UNC 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby protein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 pm

been under review since mid february... :shock:

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby beccabea » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

.
Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

borntorun86
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby borntorun86 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 pm

beccabea wrote:Man, I've been sitting here with my email open just to see if I get a notification from TLS in case someone got in. I can only imagine how you guys are feeling. :shock:


"stressed" would be putting it lightly. There's the old prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change..." I've been saying that a lot recently. It helps a little bit. But we probably won't here anything till later in the week; back in Feb. status checkers changed on Monday and heard on Thursday.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 am

borntorun86 wrote:
beccabea wrote:Man, I've been sitting here with my email open just to see if I get a notification from TLS in case someone got in. I can only imagine how you guys are feeling. :shock:


"stressed" would be putting it lightly. There's the old prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change..." I've been saying that a lot recently. It helps a little bit. But we probably won't here anything till later in the week; back in Feb. status checkers changed on Monday and heard on Thursday.


Nice, the Serenity Prayer. Bringing back the catholic high school memories. Man, I miss HS sometimes.

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 am

It always makes me think of Kurt Vonnegut.

rehtulx
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby rehtulx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 am

So it goes.

borntorun86
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby borntorun86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 am

Hah, one of my favorite books! I love that waiting for admissions letters has made us all fatalists.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:45 am

Good luck to everyone waiting, hopefully today is the day. It's really crazy how schools make people sweat it out til the very end of March. But you guys all have solid numbers, you should get in.

LEPinBOS
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby LEPinBOS » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:Good luck to everyone waiting, hopefully today is the day. It's really crazy how schools make people sweat it out til the very end of March. But you guys all have solid numbers, you should get in.



All of us?

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 pm

School rejection letters should read:

Dear Mr. So-and-so,
I am writing you in regards to your application. So it goes.

Sincerely,
John Doe
Law school admissions

borntorun86
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby borntorun86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Yes. Except that whoever the dean is should sign their name "Billy Pilgrim."

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm

LEPinBOS wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:Good luck to everyone waiting, hopefully today is the day. It's really crazy how schools make people sweat it out til the very end of March. But you guys all have solid numbers, you should get in.



All of us?



Sure.

LEPinBOS
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby LEPinBOS » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 pm

You've been quiet on here lately, SupraVin. Are you leaning toward Notre Dame?

denniscrane
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby denniscrane » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

skw wrote:My status just changed. I'm under review as of a few minutes ago. Yeah!!!! Fingers crossed -- I will be beyond thrilled if I'm accepted to Carolina. GO HEELS!


congrats! always love to hear news like this. im absolutely going too if im accepted. any updates today, carolina faithful?

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby labballin24 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

My status just changed to "Decision Rendered"!!!!!!

I hope this is good news.

User avatar
DubPoker
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby DubPoker » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

labballin24 wrote:My status just changed to "Decision Rendered"!!!!!!

I hope this is good news.


Good Luck!!!! When did you go under review out of curiosity?

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

labballin24 wrote:My status just changed to "Decision Rendered"!!!!!!

I hope this is good news.


Good luck!!

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby labballin24 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Under review since 2/24

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby beccabea » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

.
Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby PurplePirate » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Ready for review since 11/29. Biting my tongue.

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby labballin24 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

beccabea wrote:
labballin24 wrote:My status just changed to "Decision Rendered"!!!!!!

I hope this is good news.


I don't understand. If they have a decision, when are they gonna tell you?
Good luck, indeed. :]


I don't get it either but my status changed hours before I got my decision from Wake and W&L as well.

User avatar
jgator1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby jgator1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Just checked my status. It says decision rendered and congratulations you've been admitted! Haven't received an email yet though. Went complete in late December.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:27 pm

jgator1 wrote:Just checked my status. It says decision rendered and congratulations you've been admitted! Haven't received an email yet though. Went complete in late December.


Congrats!

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby labballin24 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 pm

jgator1 wrote:Just checked my status. It says decision rendered and congratulations you've been admitted! Haven't received an email yet though. Went complete in late December.


Congrats!

Doesn't sound good for me then. Mine still only says decision rendered.

jb11
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby jb11 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Congrats to the admitted folks and best of luck to those "under review." This has been such an anxiety-ridden month for all of us that I can't help being excited for you, even though I'm still just "ready for review." Maybe the Heels will play well this weekend and take my mind off admissions...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”