UNC 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:45 pm

I've become a big fan of the general disdain the posters in this thread have for our neighbors in Durham. :D

super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby super6 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Capitalist wrote:I've become a big fan of the general disdain the posters in this thread have for our neighbors in Durham. :D

Selection bias.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 pm

super6 wrote:
Capitalist wrote:I've become a big fan of the general disdain the posters in this thread have for our neighbors in Durham. :D

Selection bias.


It happens.

borntorun86
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby borntorun86 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Between here, Carolina Law's status checker, and the tourney, my productivity on my thesis (which is due 4/1) has decreased by 80 to 90 percent since Thursday. Remind me again why we have school during March 17-April 4th?

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

borntorun86 wrote:Between here, Carolina Law's status checker, and the tourney, my productivity on my thesis (which is due 4/1) has decreased by 80 to 90 percent since Thursday. Remind me again why we have school during March 17-April 4th?


Hell, there are about 5-6 weeks of sports in the spring that end any chance I have at being productive.

March: Dook game, ACC and conference tourneys, and NCAA tourney
April: Final Four and the Masters

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm

CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


?

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm

CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


nice man, how much they throw at you?

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 pm

CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Anyone else?

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 pm

CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


CONGRATS!!!

How'd they notify you? Email I am assuming? Or phone call?

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Anyone else?


I'm not saying dude is lying, but Dean States wouldn't send scholarship offers out at 10:30 PM. I know he tends to send e-mails out later in the day, but 10:30 seems extremely late. So even if CloseToGood isn't messing around, maybe he is the anomaly and everyone else will get offers tomorrow.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Anyone else?


I'm not saying dude is lying, but Dean States wouldn't send scholarship offers out at 10:30 PM. I know he tends to send e-mails out later in the day, but 10:30 seems extremely late. So even if CloseToGood isn't messing around, maybe he is the anomaly and everyone else will get offers tomorrow.


That was my initial thought as well. It seems too late but that hasn't stopped me from checking my e-mail incessantly.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

CloseToGood wrote:Received a scholarship offer ~30 minutes ago!!!! I'M GOING TO UNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D


Fishy.

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby beccabea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 pm

.
Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:39 pm

beccabea wrote:3) Supra, the post was at 10:00, and 10:00 - :30 = 9:30. 11:00, and 11:00 - :30 = 10:30. Close is a regular (or has been) and has no reason to mess with us.
And sometimes adults stay up late too.


FTFY

Close is a regular so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but this late is out of the ordinary.

beccabea
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby beccabea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 pm

.
Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't blame some of you for thinking it suspicious. I had been nursing my inbox all day and did one last check before going to bed -and BAM! (I got the email at 10:30) Given what another user just posted (I think today) about the admissions folks missing two deadlines this week, it's possible that that have been working this weekend. However, given the odd time, I'm suspecting that they may be deviating from heir usual 'mass announcement waves' and it's possible that more news will be going out early next week (pure speculation though).

As for the exact amount, I rather not say, but it was very generous.

Good luck everyone!

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 pm

beccabea wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
beccabea wrote:3) Supra, the post was at 10:00, and 10:00 - :30 = 9:30. 11:00, and 11:00 - :30 = 10:30. Close is a regular (or has been) and has no reason to mess with us.
And sometimes adults stay up late too.


FTFY

Close is a regular so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but this late is out of the ordinary.


Are you sure? For me it says "Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 pm." My computer clock is right, so why would the clock on this website be wrong for me but right for other people?


That's weird. it says I posted it at 10pm on my computer too, but I posted it at 11. TLS forget to change their clocks?

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh, and it was via email.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 pm

beccabea wrote:Are you sure? For me it says "Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 pm." My computer clock is right, so why would the clock on this website be wrong for me but right for other people?


100%.

CloseToGood wrote:I don't blame some of you for thinking it suspicious. I had been nursing my inbox all day and did one last check before going to bed -and BAM! (I got the email at 10:30) Given what another user just posted (I think today) about the admissions folks missing two deadlines this week, it's possible that that have been working this weekend. However, given the odd time, I'm suspecting that they may be deviating from heir usual 'mass announcement waves' and it's possible that more news will be going out early next week (pure speculation though).

As for the exact amount, I rather not say, but it was very generous.

Good luck everyone!


Congrats! Would you be willing to PM the amount and your numbers?

For your clock issue, you may have to go and manually change the clock on your TLS user control panel. I had to after daylight savings.

CloseToGood
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby CloseToGood » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 am

Done and Done.

Good luck everyone!!

User avatar
pattonthicke
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby pattonthicke » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:56 am

scholly offer also, 10:30 p.m, last night.

borntorun86
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby borntorun86 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:51 am

Marquette on Friday @ 7:15. Time to avenge Coach Dean Smith and the 1977 team.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

borntorun86 wrote:Marquette on Friday @ 7:15. Time to avenge Coach Dean Smith and the 1977 team.


Should be a good one. Haven't seen them play much this year, but they looked pretty solid yesterday. Borntorun, do you know if they play much zone defense?

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Postby jdemmitt » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 am

Ugh, scholly offers are out and I am still praying for acceptance. Cruel, cruel god.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, Lmorina126, Long shot hero, TudoBem and 15 guests