UNC 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
borntorun86

Bronze

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Post by borntorun86 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm going to forget about everything and watch UNC beat Long Island University.

Black Falcon heals all.

pattonthicke

Bronze

Post by pattonthicke » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Has anyone heard anything about scholly's today!!! I know today was suppossed to be the day so im assuming i didnt get one, just want to know the numbers of ppl who did.

CloseToGood

New

Post by CloseToGood » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 am

Not that I know of. Depending on how you calculate it, today (sat) could be day 10. We may have to wait until next week?...

borntorun86

Bronze

Post by borntorun86 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't know why anyone would ever want to go to UNC for law school. The weather here today is horrible, no one's out sunbathing on the quad, bars are virtually empty since no one here cares about basketball, and the kids at Duke are so much more attractive. Oh, and the tuition is out the door.
[/sarcasm]

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm

borntorun86 wrote:I don't know why anyone would ever want to go to UNC for law school. The weather here today is horrible, no one's out sunbathing on the quad, bars are virtually empty since no one here cares about basketball, and the kids at Duke are so much more attractive. Oh, and the tuition is out the door.
[/sarcasm]
Borntorun, not cool. You're making everyone jealous.

What are your thoughts on the UW game?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

borntorun86

Bronze

Post by borntorun86 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Capitalist wrote:
borntorun86 wrote:I don't know why anyone would ever want to go to UNC for law school. The weather here today is horrible, no one's out sunbathing on the quad, bars are virtually empty since no one here cares about basketball, and the kids at Duke are so much more attractive. Oh, and the tuition is out the door.
[/sarcasm]

Honestly, I'm nervous. We're going to need everyone to show up and play an "A" game to beat WU. Yesterday we could get away with making bad lob passes because in the end, our size allowed us to get into the paint and hammer away at them. To that point, Falcon/Henson/Z combine for 81 points (out of 107). WU's bigger than that and we're going to have to get Dex, Kbutter, and LMac involved in the perimeter game. Marshall HAS to get his confidence back, and we can't allow the penetration that LIU got against a 7 seed or its a quick ride back to the Hill for the Heels.

On another note, Dook playing with Irving coming off the bench scares the living crap out of me. They can easily repeat if he clicks in their rotation.

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 pm

borntorun86 wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
[/sarcasm]

Honestly, I'm nervous. We're going to need everyone to show up and play an "A" game to beat WU. Yesterday we could get away with making bad lob passes because in the end, our size allowed us to get into the paint and hammer away at them. To that point, Falcon/Henson/Z combine for 81 points (out of 107). WU's bigger than that and we're going to have to get Dex, Kbutter, and LMac involved in the perimeter game. Marshall HAS to get his confidence back, and we can't allow the penetration that LIU got against a 7 seed or its a quick ride back to the Hill for the Heels.

On another note, Dook playing with Irving coming off the bench scares the living crap out of me. They can easily repeat if he clicks in their rotation.
I think the keys to the game are: cutting down on turnovers, LMac and Dex scoring some pts, and Marshall (maybe Strickland) containing Thomas.

WU isn't that big inside, so I think Z, Falcon, and Henson will get theirs. Also, when the game begins to get up and down, the Heels cannot have those ridiculous turnovers like last night, got to value the possession over gambling on the pass. I haven't seen WU play this year (with the excpetion being last night), so I'm not sure if they play any zone. The X factor(s) are definetly Dex and LMac. If they can combine for 15+ pts., that makes this team even more dangerous.

As far as the Dookies go, I'm just as terrified as you are that they can repeat. I don't think they will, unless the best team like Ohio State, Kansas, UConn, etc. lose early (like last year when Dook had a cakewalk to the title).

I think the game is tight most of the way, but I think the Falcon puts this team on his wings and gets a few huge baskets down the strectch to send the Heels to the Sweet 16..

borntorun86

Bronze

Post by borntorun86 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Capitalist wrote:
borntorun86 wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
[/sarcasm]

I think the keys to the game are: cutting down on turnovers, LMac and Dex scoring some pts, and Marshall (maybe Strickland) containing Thomas.

WU isn't that big inside, so I think Z, Falcon, and Henson will get theirs. Also, when the game begins to get up and down, the Heels cannot have those ridiculous turnovers like last night, got to value the possession over gambling on the pass. I haven't seen WU play this year (with the excpetion being last night), so I'm not sure if they play any zone. The X factor(s) are definetly Dex and LMac. If they can combine for 15+ pts., that makes this team even more dangerous.

As far as the Dookies go, I'm just as terrified as you are that they can repeat. I don't think they will, unless the best team like Ohio State, Kansas, UConn, etc. lose early (like last year when Dook had a cakewalk to the title).

I think the game is tight most of the way, but I think the Falcon puts this team on his wings and gets a few huge baskets down the strectch to send the Heels to the Sweet 16..
Yeah, that's generally my outlook, though as someone who was raised an NC State fan I'm naturally pessimistic when it comes to basketball.

Watched the LIU game at Speakeasy in Carrboro yesterday with folks from my department. Highlight of the weekend: an impromptu rendition of "Hark the Sound" (UNC's alma mater) after the victory, with a particularly rousing "go to hell Duke!" at the end.

God, I love Carolina.

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:19 pm

borntorun86 wrote: God, I love Carolina.
God, I love it too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

denniscrane

New

Post by denniscrane » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 pm

several questions for carolina faithful:

did the last round of acceptances go out early february?

is the consensus that there will be a late march/early april round going out?

how long did accepted ppl's status' stay "under review" before notification?

how were accepted ppl notified (email, status checker, call, etc)?

Thanks and go heels tomorrow!

LEPinBOS

New

Post by LEPinBOS » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 pm

denniscrane wrote:several questions for carolina faithful:

did the last round of acceptances go out early february?

is the consensus that there will be a late march/early april round going out?

how long did accepted ppl's status' stay "under review" before notification?

how were accepted ppl notified (email, status checker, call, etc)?

Thanks and go heels tomorrow!

PM'd.

denniscrane

New

Post by denniscrane » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:32 pm

thanks lepinbos, i sent you a PM back! anyone else's thoughts would be appreciated to my above query.

jackattack17

Bronze

Post by jackattack17 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:35 pm

denniscrane wrote:thanks lepinbos, i sent you a PM back! anyone else's thoughts would be appreciated to my above query.
also interested in this...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LEPinBOS

New

Post by LEPinBOS » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:02 pm

who is currently "under review?" what ranges are your stats in? are you instate or out of state? and do you have urm status?

in early february, the people who were "under review" were admitted a few days later.

i am still "ready for review." instate, near medians on both numbers, non-urm. i am also still holding out hope.

innernetp

Bronze

Post by innernetp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 pm

borntorun86 wrote:

I think the game is tight most of the way, but I think the Falcon puts this team on his wings and gets a few huge baskets down the strectch to send the Heels to the Sweet 16..[/quote]

Yeah, that's generally my outlook, though as someone who was raised an NC State fan I'm naturally pessimistic when it comes to basketball.

Watched the LIU game at Speakeasy in Carrboro yesterday with folks from my department. Highlight of the weekend: an impromptu rendition of "Hark the Sound" (UNC's alma mater) after the victory, with a particularly rousing "go to hell Duke!" at the end.

God, I love Carolina.[/quote]

Weeeird I was there too. I was leaving as the alma mater started up.

borntorun86

Bronze

Post by borntorun86 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:27 pm

innernetp wrote: Weeeird I was there too. I was leaving as the alma mater started up.
Hah, that's hilarious. I was in the front room right in front of the TV on the Tyler's side (towards Chapel Hill). I was being very loud and profane, which should narrow it down to most of the bar.

innernetp

Bronze

Post by innernetp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm

borntorun86 wrote:
innernetp wrote: Weeeird I was there too. I was leaving as the alma mater started up.
Hah, that's hilarious. I was in the front room right in front of the TV on the Tyler's side (towards Chapel Hill). I was being very loud and profane, which should narrow it down to most of the bar.
LOL pretty sure I heard you. I was at the other TV.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am

Let's go Heels!!! Get this W!!!!

P.S. Michigan Wolverines, it would make my, and of all Tar Heel nation's, year if you guys could knock of the Dookies. Thanks.

Heels to the Sweet 16 and beyond + Dook losing + a UNC Law acceptance = Best scenario ever.

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:45 am

Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 am

beccabea wrote:Here's to UNC Law admissions getting figurative food poisoning this week and shooting acceptances out of every orifice.

Sorry for the extreme metaphor, but LSN tells me that this is an extreme situation.
I lol'd.

LEPinBOS

New

Post by LEPinBOS » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 pm

beccabea wrote:Here's to UNC Law admissions getting figurative food poisoning this week and shooting acceptances out of every orifice.

Sorry for the extreme metaphor, but LSN tells me that this is an extreme situation.

Can anyone think of a compelling reason why either: 1) UNC made a third wave of acceptances and no one on these boards or LSN reported it OR 2) UNC hasn't made a third wave yet because it doesn't think it needs to?

To me, the first scenario doesn't seem likely. The second scares me a lot more.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:47 pm

This UNC-Wash game has me on the edge of my seat!

Just for clarity--is there another UNC thread? I only know of this one and the UNC class of 2014 thread, but the 2014 thread seems kind of vacant....

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Last edited by beccabea on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DubPoker

Bronze

Post by DubPoker » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:19 pm

That was a crazy 7.5 seconds

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:20 pm

DubPoker wrote:That was a crazy 7.5 seconds

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.