UNC 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheFactor

Silver

Re: UNC 2011 Applicants

Post by TheFactor » Wed May 04, 2011 3:29 pm

beccabea wrote:
TheFactor wrote:Called yesterday and talked with Dean States. Was admitted about an hour later with $$.
Awesome!! Do you think you'll be at UNC next year, TheFactor?
not sure yet...in the process of throwing up a prayer for more dough

protein

Bronze

Post by protein » Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

TheFactor wrote:
beccabea wrote:
TheFactor wrote:Called yesterday and talked with Dean States. Was admitted about an hour later with $$.
Do you think UNC will offer more money? I remember an email from awhile back saying they don't increase scholarship offers

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Wed May 04, 2011 4:16 pm

protein wrote:
TheFactor wrote:
beccabea wrote:
Do you think UNC will offer more money? I remember an email from awhile back saying they don't increase scholarship offers
No, I'm not expecting them to up their offer, but might as well ask.

cay10789

New

Post by cay10789 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Has anyone admitted around March 31/April 1 received their financial aid package yet?

kTXe

New

Post by kTXe » Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 pm

cay10789 wrote:Has anyone admitted around March 31/April 1 received their financial aid package yet?
Nope, still waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

kTXe wrote:
cay10789 wrote:Has anyone admitted around March 31/April 1 received their financial aid package yet?
Nope, still waiting.
I was admitted around Feb 1 and I still have no fin aid package.

DeadLaw

New

Post by DeadLaw » Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

DeeCee wrote:
kTXe wrote:
Nope, still waiting.
Did anyone else get an email from Dean States on the 4th concerning fin aid?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 09, 2011 10:58 pm

DeadLaw wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
kTXe wrote:
Nope, still waiting.
Did anyone else get an email from Dean States on the 4th concerning fin aid?
no, I didn't. If it was just a mass-mailed form letter I'd love to know what it says. UNC often times misses me on their emails, and then I end up calling to ask about something and find out I was not included in the newest email.

DeadLaw

New

Post by DeadLaw » Mon May 09, 2011 11:06 pm

[/quote]

no, I didn't. If it was just a mass-mailed form letter I'd love to know what it says. UNC often times misses me on their emails, and then I end up calling to ask about something and find out I was not included in the newest email.[/quote]

Yeah I received the following unsolicited:

Financial Aid

For those of you who are still unable to see your financial aid packages, we apologize for this delay.  The university Office of Scholarships and Student Aid has worked to clear up these issues.  Apparently there are some of our students whose information didn't flow into the university data management system, thereby preventing your packages from being completed. These problems are cleared up and you should see your package shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Scholarships

For those of you that have been notified that you are receiving a scholarship, you will not see those in your financial aid package yet.  They will be entered into your accounts in June after the second deposit deadline.  Your final aid package and tuition bill will reflect your scholarship award.

Please enjoy your summer break.  Beginning next month, you will begin to receive  a series of emails about orientation, the beginning of classes and other relevant information.  Welcome again to the Carolina Law family and we look forward to seeing you this fall.

Best wishes,

Michael J. States, J.D.
Assistant Dean for Admissions

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 pm

DeadLaw wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
no, I didn't. If it was just a mass-mailed form letter I'd love to know what it says. UNC often times misses me on their emails, and then I end up calling to ask about something and find out I was not included in the newest email.

Financial Aid

For those of you who are still unable to see your financial aid packages, we apologize for this delay.  The university Office of Scholarships and Student Aid has worked to clear up these issues.  Apparently there are some of our students whose information didn't flow into the university data management system, thereby preventing your packages from being completed. These problems are cleared up and you should see your package shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Scholarships

For those of you that have been notified that you are receiving a scholarship, you will not see those in your financial aid package yet.  They will be entered into your accounts in June after the second deposit deadline.  Your final aid package and tuition bill will reflect your scholarship award.

Please enjoy your summer break.  Beginning next month, you will begin to receive  a series of emails about orientation, the beginning of classes and other relevant information.  Welcome again to the Carolina Law family and we look forward to seeing you this fall.

Best wishes,

Michael J. States, J.D.
Damn it. Guess I'll call up again. Thank you for this though because this has happened to me several times (being left off the email list). The last email I got was about the facebook group a couple weeks ago.

protein

Bronze

Post by protein » Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 am

withdrew today and threw some $ back into the pot, good luck everyone!

waitinghardestpart

New

Post by waitinghardestpart » Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 am

thanks for the heads up protein, in state or oos?

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Fri May 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Any news to report regarding the WL?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jayeeeteess

New

Post by jayeeeteess » Fri May 13, 2011 1:41 pm

---Also posted on waitlist forum http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=154467

New to posting to this forum but not new to reading it. I am on the waitlist. I called the admissions office on Wednesday to confirm that my LOCI had been received (I sent it via regular mail). The woman who I talked to said that it had been. I also asked when to expect movement on the waitlist. She said after the second deposit is due, June 13th. Hope this helps.

protein

Bronze

Post by protein » Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

waitinghardestpart wrote:thanks for the heads up protein, in state or oos?
in-state, non-URM, splitter

jmm736

New

Post by jmm736 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

DeeCee wrote:
DeadLaw wrote:
DeeCee wrote:

Financial Aid

Scholarships

Best wishes,

Michael J. States, J.D.
Damn it. Guess I'll call up again. Thank you for this though because this has happened to me several times (being left off the email list). The last email I got was about the facebook group a couple weeks ago.
Emailed admissions last week b/c I had not received this email either. Got an email back from Jennifer Kott on Friday. She did not know why I did not get the email, but she did confirm that they will not be awarding any more merit-based scholarships.

rivkah

New

Post by rivkah » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:03 am

Just in last week off the waitlist! Can't wait to start with all of you! Does anyone have any suggestions for where law students live? I'm looking to live walking distance to the law school. See y'all in August!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”