GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm

masterthearts wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
I got a scholly to GW with a 162.


Word, what was your GPA if you dont mind?


GPA is 3.9 (from an Ivy)
No, TLS says I am not URM and everyone goes by what TLS says


What minority are you?

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

masterthearts wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
I got a scholly to GW with a 162.


Word, what was your GPA if you dont mind?


GPA is 3.9 (from an Ivy)
No, TLS says I am not URM and everyone goes by what TLS says


Oh well that 3.9 explains it. I had a quick glimmer of hope for a second. Congrats though!!

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby masterthearts » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Flips88 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
I got a scholly to GW with a 162.


Word, what was your GPA if you dont mind?


GPA is 3.9 (from an Ivy)
No, TLS says I am not URM and everyone goes by what TLS says


What minority are you?


"other Hispanic" and white, bilingual

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby apple1234 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

Teoeo wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Waitlisted last week. 3.8/166. :(


Send LOCI - I'm sure you'll be admitted.


Really? That gives me some hope...

Are a lot of people taken off the wait-list?

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Verity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am

Not a lot, but I just withdrew my acceptance, so you're welcome.

dcbound
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby dcbound » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

Verity wrote:Not a lot, but I just withdrew my acceptance, so you're welcome.


What is not a lot? 5? 10? 20? I've been trying to get a sense of that. I imagine it's more than t14 schools...

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby BlakcMajikc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:21 am

Was the scholly $s included in the admit packet? Very excited for the mail tomorrow!

dcbound
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby dcbound » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 am

apple1234 wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Waitlisted last week. 3.8/166. :(


Send LOCI - I'm sure you'll be admitted.


Really? That gives me some hope...

Are a lot of people taken off the wait-list?



Also, you are definitely going to get in somewhere great out of that list you have :wink:

User avatar
boozehound
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby boozehound » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am

Waitlisted (email just now, 167/3.0). Submitted app 12/3. So far LS Predictor is dead on for my cycle.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:Was the scholly $s included in the admit packet? Very excited for the mail tomorrow!


So they claim in the email. I live here in DC, so Im hoping I get mine today or tomorrow. I am really nervous because without some sort of aid I dont think I'll be able to attend GW. That $46K tuition price is too rich for my blood :(

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:04 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:Was the scholly $s included in the admit packet? Very excited for the mail tomorrow!


So they claim in the email. I live here in DC, so Im hoping I get mine today or tomorrow. I am really nervous because without some sort of aid I dont think I'll be able to attend GW. That $46K tuition price is too rich for my blood :(


I live in DC also and got my packet in the mail yesterday!

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

HappyinDC wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:Was the scholly $s included in the admit packet? Very excited for the mail tomorrow!


So they claim in the email. I live here in DC, so Im hoping I get mine today or tomorrow. I am really nervous because without some sort of aid I dont think I'll be able to attend GW. That $46K tuition price is too rich for my blood :(


I live in DC also and got my packet in the mail yesterday!


Were you accepted last Thursday the 27th or before?

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby minuit » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
GPA is 3.9 (from an Ivy)
No, TLS says I am not URM and everyone goes by what TLS says


What minority are you?


"other Hispanic" and white, bilingual


Yeah, doesn't matter what TLS says, GW is considering you a URM. There have actually been a few people I've seen on here or on lsn who fall into the "other Hispanic" category and have received boosts... really depends on the school I bet. Anyway, congrats!

letmk
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:32 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby letmk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:37 pm

If I didn't see any mention of scholarship in the admission package (only general info about financial aid), does that mean I will not get any $?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:37 pm

letmk wrote:If I didn't see any mention of scholarship in the admission package (only general info about financial aid), does that mean I will not get any $?

general consensus is yes. Welcome to the club.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?

letmk
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:32 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby letmk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Flips88 wrote:
letmk wrote:If I didn't see any mention of scholarship in the admission package (only general info about financial aid), does that mean I will not get any $?

general consensus is yes. Welcome to the club.


GW, How could I love you when you kissed me but didn't throw any bone to me?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?

Well as someone that is particularly interested in Public Interest work, going $200k in debt is not in my best interest. I love DC and would love to spend 3 years there, but I don't want to be indebted for the next 20 years of my life.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?

I don't think I'm going to have a choice due to my low LSAT...but I'm probably going to Fordham. I'm going to try to leverage my UMN scholly $ with GW and Fordham.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:17 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


if I don't get into Georgetown or Northwestern (or get a huge scholly from BU or WUSTL) I'll be paying sticker at GWU

I have a lot of savings, though, so I won't be taking anywhere near the full amount in loans

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm

fatduck wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


if I don't get into Georgetown or Northwestern (or get a huge scholly from BU or WUSTL) I'll be paying sticker at GWU

I have a lot of savings, though, so I won't be taking anywhere near the full amount in loans


Ugh, I wish that were the case over my way. I have been on a scholarship frenzy applying for any money every Tom Dick and Harry is planning on giving away. I have half a mind to fake a terminal illness and collect donations.

But in all seriousness, I think I might start a collection or start selling baked goods or something.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
fatduck wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


if I don't get into Georgetown or Northwestern (or get a huge scholly from BU or WUSTL) I'll be paying sticker at GWU

I have a lot of savings, though, so I won't be taking anywhere near the full amount in loans


Ugh, I wish that were the case over my way. I have been on a scholarship frenzy applying for any money every Tom Dick and Harry is planning on giving away. I have half a mind to fake a terminal illness and collect donations.

But in all seriousness, I think I might start a collection or start selling baked goods or something.


I just want to go up to Bill Gates or Warren Buffett and ask for $200k. That's chump change to them. A negligible percentage of their wealth.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Flips88 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
fatduck wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


if I don't get into Georgetown or Northwestern (or get a huge scholly from BU or WUSTL) I'll be paying sticker at GWU

I have a lot of savings, though, so I won't be taking anywhere near the full amount in loans


Ugh, I wish that were the case over my way. I have been on a scholarship frenzy applying for any money every Tom Dick and Harry is planning on giving away. I have half a mind to fake a terminal illness and collect donations.

But in all seriousness, I think I might start a collection or start selling baked goods or something.


I just want to go up to Bill Gates or Warren Buffett and ask for $200k. That's chump change to them. A negligible percentage of their wealth.

+1...they wouldn't even notice 200k missing :?

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Flips88 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
fatduck wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


if I don't get into Georgetown or Northwestern (or get a huge scholly from BU or WUSTL) I'll be paying sticker at GWU

I have a lot of savings, though, so I won't be taking anywhere near the full amount in loans


Ugh, I wish that were the case over my way. I have been on a scholarship frenzy applying for any money every Tom Dick and Harry is planning on giving away. I have half a mind to fake a terminal illness and collect donations.

But in all seriousness, I think I might start a collection or start selling baked goods or something.


I just want to go up to Bill Gates or Warren Buffett and ask for $200k. That's chump change to them. A negligible percentage of their wealth.

LMAO, I know right?

I'm about to start an online collection to raise the money, shamelessly begging friends, family, and strangers for money. I need to make GW happen. $200K+ is way too much for me, especially given my undergraduate debt. I feel the school is the best Im going to get so I have to make a way!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby minuit » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Is anyone considering paying sticker for GW? Apparently TLSers think its a monumentally bad idea. Thoughts?


I plan on it! I am going the 10 year IBR plan route for PI/government, however.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BodieBroadus, dietcoke1, Google Adsense [Bot], PDX4343, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, trohara14 and 24 guests