GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PotatoMonkey
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby PotatoMonkey » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 pm

I applied 11/13 and haven't heard a thing. Should I be worried?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 pm

PotatoMonkey wrote:I applied 11/13 and haven't heard a thing. Should I be worried?


Nah. They take forever to get back to you.

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby MillerTime » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

PotatoMonkey wrote:I applied 11/13 and haven't heard a thing. Should I be worried?


Nope, I applied on 9/23 and haven't heard anything either. I asked admissions a while ago and they said they usually don't start sending out decisions until the ED deadline has passed, which I believe is the 12/15.

User avatar
PotatoMonkey
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby PotatoMonkey » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks! Heaven forbid they make this process any less stressful. :P

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ihp12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

What kinda numbers does it take to get in ED since its a full ride?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

ihp12 wrote:What kinda numbers does it take to get in ED since its a full ride?


Prob 170+ and 3.75+. GW is really stingy with money unless they really want you.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:43 pm

ran12 wrote:
PotatoMonkey wrote:I applied 11/13 and haven't heard a thing. Should I be worried?


Nah. They take forever to get back to you.


I applied on a Saturday 11/27 and received an e-mail from Director Wilson that my file was complete 12/1...I applied RD...any idea when they should get back to me with a decision? I'm guessing around the middle of next month...

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Deuce » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:22 pm

PotatoMonkey wrote:I applied 11/13 and haven't heard a thing. Should I be worried?


I applied early October... don't hold your breath

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Looks like decisions might have started coming out...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/dbf89

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm

How has GW notified in past cycles? All this mail waiting is killing me. Where are the email schools?! Lol.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm

obrienfa wrote:Looks like decisions might have started coming out...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/dbf89
obrienfa wrote:Looks like decisions might have started coming out...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/dbf89


This applicant probably is an EDer, so RD may have to wait a bit more.

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:How has GW notified in past cycles? All this mail waiting is killing me. Where are the email schools?! Lol.


So true. I literally HATE snailmail. Email FTW.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Anxiously awaiting a GW response here as well... GW is one of my top (and realistic) choices :D !

Good luck to all!

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

krad wrote:Anxiously awaiting a GW response here as well... GW is one of my top (and realistic) choices :D !

Good luck to all!


+1

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby kjadkins » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 am

Submitted 11/30. Not enjoying the likely wait until Jan.

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby awahoya » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 am

kjadkins wrote:Submitted 11/30. Not enjoying the likely wait until Jan.


Ditto :(

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:24 pm

I feel like that LSN admission is a flame...

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Emma1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:I feel like that LSN admission is a flame...

Based on......

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Emma1 wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:I feel like that LSN admission is a flame...

Based on......


Only one acceptance in a week? Others would have been lighting up LSN and TLS if GW was moving... IMHO.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby NZA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:51 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:How has GW notified in past cycles? All this mail waiting is killing me. Where are the email schools?! Lol.


So true. I literally HATE snailmail. Email FTW.


Yeah...but I don't know, it could be exciting to receive a big package in the mail with a bunch of admissions stuff! :)

I'm just hoping to hear back from SOME schools before Christmas, so when the extended inevitably asks, "Wer r u goin 2 law skool, lol" I will have something to say...

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 pm

NZA wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:How has GW notified in past cycles? All this mail waiting is killing me. Where are the email schools?! Lol.


So true. I literally HATE snailmail. Email FTW.


Yeah...but I don't know, it could be exciting to receive a big package in the mail with a bunch of admissions stuff! :)

I'm just hoping to hear back from SOME schools before Christmas, so when the extended inevitably asks, "Wer r u goin 2 law skool, lol" I will have something to say...


Meeee toooooo though I didn't go complete until pretty late... Ah well here's to hoping!

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Has anyone heard anything?

Ive been complete since mid November.

No status checker sucks.

User avatar
goingeast
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby goingeast » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:57 pm

gdane5 wrote:Has anyone heard anything?

Ive been complete since mid November.

No status checker sucks.


I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't even get an email from them saying they had received my application from LSAC. I'm thinking about calling them to check if they have it.

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby DorianGray89 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:02 pm

goingeast wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Has anyone heard anything?

Ive been complete since mid November.

No status checker sucks.


I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't even get an email from them saying they had received my application from LSAC. I'm thinking about calling them to check if they have it.


Decisions come out in January for GW

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby laurencita7 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 pm

how about for ED? according to LSN (if I'm reading it correctly), ED decisions came out this week. anyone heard anything different?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cowgirl, Doesthenamematter, Exabot [Bot], joezze, liuwenyu, xnsch and 9 guests