GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JakeDelhomme

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeDelhomme » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:39 pm

JakeL wrote:
JakeDelhomme wrote:Applied ED and got the deferral to RD a few days ago. I am a bona fide reach with numbers just below each median, but I am not sure if any EDs with similar numbers have been rejected or WL'd. Does anyone have a sense of what the bump to RD means? Has anyone who applied ED gotten the ax or WL'd straightaway?

Good luck to everyone! I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks, and the urge to join the conversation is just too much.

I am in the same boat except more of a splitter (not quite at 75th though). Have yet to hear anything else. Considering some have been rejected, it could be worse.

Yep. Best of luck, JakeL.

snldude

Postby snldude » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 pm

got the acceptance letter today, also no mention of a merit scholarship. the financial aid brochure says that you can be notified of this any time after acceptance, but the email said if i got a merit award, the letter would be included with the package i got today. so, i imagine it's not good, but they might send one my way if money gets freed up. anyone know if this is their general policy?

for those keeping track of these things:

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:20 pm

snldude wrote:got the acceptance letter today, also no mention of a merit scholarship. the financial aid brochure says that you can be notified of this any time after acceptance, but the email said if i got a merit award, the letter would be included with the package i got today. so, i imagine it's not good, but they might send one my way if money gets freed up. anyone know if this is their general policy?

Congrats! :) Mind letting us know when you submitted?

That goes for all of you wonderful, beautiful people who received the good news today. :D

snldude

Postby snldude » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm

NZA wrote:
snldude wrote:got the acceptance letter today, also no mention of a merit scholarship. the financial aid brochure says that you can be notified of this any time after acceptance, but the email said if i got a merit award, the letter would be included with the package i got today. so, i imagine it's not good, but they might send one my way if money gets freed up. anyone know if this is their general policy?

That goes for all of you wonderful, beautiful people who received the good news today. :D

yeah it was around december 5th or so.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:49 pm

NZA wrote:

Received the good news via email on 12/22 and was complete 11/23. ED applicant.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Got my ED to RD acceptance packet today, no financial aid award. Darn, was hoping they'd throw some money my way, several people with my stats got $100k last year, that would have made GW a top choice for me.

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:47 pm

suspicious android wrote:Got my ED to RD acceptance packet today, no financial aid award. Darn, was hoping they'd throw some money my way, several people with my stats got $100k last year, that would have made GW a top choice for me.

Same here, 172 3.8 and was pretty sure they'd send something my way. Doesn't sound like anyone got merit information though, so perhaps they are sending it out at a later date or we need to submit an application for financial aid?

ads222

Postby ads222 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

I got merit information today, and I saw a few other people on LSN who did. You have numbers way better than mine, so I'm sure your notification will come eventually.

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Got my admissions packet today :-). No merit money, but I wasn't expecting any. There was a personalized note from the Dean on the cover letter though, which totally earned them points with me. Anyone else get the handwritten note?

Bela

Postby Bela » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:53 pm

JennBNYC wrote:Got my admissions packet today :-). No merit money, but I wasn't expecting any. There was a personalized note from the Dean on the cover letter though, which totally earned them points with me. Anyone else get the handwritten note?

Got my letter today. Still no email. Apparently GW can't email me. No merit money, but my bf got the $30k + Aston deal

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:59 pm

JennBNYC wrote:Got my admissions packet today :-). No merit money, but I wasn't expecting any. There was a personalized note from the Dean on the cover letter though, which totally earned them points with me. Anyone else get the handwritten note?

Yes, I just got mine literally about 5 minutes ago. This is definitely the nicest admissions packet I've gotten so far (which I guess isn't saying too much, since I'm still waiting on a couple). I almost gave myself a heart attack because I read "admission to the full t..." and I immediately thought "FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIP THAT I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY FOR?" before reading "...ime division." Geeze.

Ads222, is your merit information just on a separate sheet (within the admissions packet) or is it a separate mailing altogether?? I'm guessing I didn't get any either, since I can't find anything of the sort. But, the financial aid sheet says that I need to apply before I get my package...

On another note, did anyone notice how the Full-time J.D. cost for 2010-2011 in the booklet says $70,449 but that the total COA for 2011-2012 is $74,400? Holy crap, that's right on par with the COA at Columbia...

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:I almost gave myself a heart attack because I read "admission to the full t..." and I immediately thought "FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIP THAT I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY FOR?" before reading "...ime division." Geeze.

LOL!

Was there a handwritten part though? Just curious if they take the time to write something for everyone. I love when they realize those kind of things matter.

Yeaaaa....COA is painful :-/

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Bela wrote:

Got my letter today. Still no email. Apparently GW can't email me. No merit money, but my bf got the $30k + Aston deal

Congrats!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:I almost gave myself a heart attack because I read "admission to the full t..." and I immediately thought "FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIP THAT I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY FOR?" before reading "...ime division." Geeze.

LOL!

Was there a handwritten part though? Just curious if they take the time to write something for everyone. I love when they realize those kind of things matter.

PMed you!

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:24 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:

LOL!

PMed you!

Thanks! Just replied :-)

Bela

Postby Bela » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:49 pm

My bf and I both got handwritten notes, fyi.

Mine was pretty lazy :( That makes me really sad, because I really like GW.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Bela wrote:

Sooo maybe I should be looking for mail instead of email?

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:03 pm

I created a new thread for people who have already been accepted so we don't clog this thread up with discussion of ASW and such:

IN at GW c/o 2014: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142603

ads222

Postby ads222 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:30 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Ads222, is your merit information just on a separate sheet (within the admissions packet) or is it a separate mailing altogether?? I'm guessing I didn't get any either, since I can't find anything of the sort. But, the financial aid sheet says that I need to apply before I get my package...

the merit info came with the acceptance envelope, in a small envelope labeled to indicate that it contained scholarship info.
Good luck getting lots of money :)

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:30 am

Regular decision admit. Merit info in envelope with acceptance packet. Stats:

URM Super Splitter (sub 3, 170+, hispanic URM)
Merit Scholarship (30k/year) + Aston (15k) - 105k total

slax

Postby slax » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 am

ads222 wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:Ads222, is your merit information just on a separate sheet (within the admissions packet) or is it a separate mailing altogether?? I'm guessing I didn't get any either, since I can't find anything of the sort. But, the financial aid sheet says that I need to apply before I get my package...

the merit info came with the acceptance envelope, in a small envelope labeled to indicate that it contained scholarship info.
Good luck getting lots of money :)

Same here. It was a separate envelope with a sticker on it that said merit scholarship.

NZA

Postby NZA » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Any news today?

I'm wondering how many folks were included in that first round of acceptances...was it just people who applied ED and were referred to RD, or did it include everyone?

Sometimes, living on the opposite side of the country is frustrating. :P

ran12

Postby ran12 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm

NZA wrote:Any news today?

I'm wondering how many folks were included in that first round of acceptances...was it just people who applied ED and were referred to RD, or did it include everyone?

Sometimes, living on the opposite side of the country is frustrating. :P

I think it was a mix of deferred ED and RD. So far that means only RD acceptances.

saito816

Postby saito816 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:13 pm

bk1 wrote:Regular decision admit. Merit info in envelope with acceptance packet. Stats:

URM Super Splitter (sub 3, 170+, hispanic URM)
Merit Scholarship (30k/year) + Aston (15k) - 105k total

This is what I received as well, stats are in profile.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

wait wait waiting... any news this week?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”