GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:32 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:when I was on the east coast I visited GMU and AU, have to say loved the professors at AU much more....and AU does not make you take a small sections (5-6 people) legal writing course that is graded on a curve...GMU does....so kinda sucks...

This is one of many reasons that I'm most likely going to choose AU over GMU if I dont get into GW.

But, to get back on topic so we dont derail the thread, I really really hope I get into GW. I would much rather live in the foggy bottom area. Hell, living in NoVa and commuting wouldnt be that bad.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Funny how people tend to have such strong feelings about GMU and AU. I've already withdrawn from AU as I don't like anything I've heard about it. Worst comes to worse, I will go to GMU. Just keeping my fingers crossed for GW. Please GW please just let me in.

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby mez06 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Can you be rejected via the ED to GW but be "accepted" simultaneously? Reason being, I applied ED to GW knowing my numbers wouldn't qualify for the scholarship award. Would I just get pushed to a later decision batch or could they also possibly accept me at the same time? Thanks for the help.

ansberryj
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 am

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ansberryj » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:07 pm

mez06 wrote:Can you be rejected via the ED to GW but be "accepted" simultaneously? Reason being, I applied ED to GW knowing my numbers wouldn't qualify for the scholarship award. Would I just get pushed to a later decision batch or could they also possibly accept me at the same time? Thanks for the help.


They accepted me at the same time last week.

User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ach24 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:08 pm

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

delphus
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby delphus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 am

Does anyone know if they sent out all the admissions for early decision? If so, those still waiting (myself included) are not in for ED for sure, right? If that's the case, can I put my ED elsewhere?

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:22 am

delphus wrote:Does anyone know if they sent out all the admissions for early decision? If so, those still waiting (myself included) are not in for ED for sure, right? If that's the case, can I put my ED elsewhere?

I definitely wouldn't chance it until you get an official email or notice that says you're released from the contract... Better safe than sorry!

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby suspicious android » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 am

delphus wrote:Does anyone know if they sent out all the admissions for early decision? If so, those still waiting (myself included) are not in for ED for sure, right? If that's the case, can I put my ED elsewhere?


I'm not aware of any evidence that they've sent out any admissions for ED yet, much less all of them. Last year they sent them out on the 22nd, but not this year apparently.

User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ach24 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:19 am

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

toptwin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby toptwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Just got an email denying ED but considering for RD. =/

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:38 pm

toptwin wrote:Just got an email denying ED but considering for RD. =/


today? I thought they were closed. Well, now I'm going to be hitting refresh compulsively.

Did they defer you to regular decision?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Got deferred to RD too. Email said several weeks until decision so hopefully sometime in Jan.

nycdc2011
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby nycdc2011 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:46 pm

ran12 wrote:Got deferred to RD too. Email said several weeks until decision so hopefully sometime in Jan.


+1, crossing fingers for RD.

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm

:( Good luck to all of you guys for RD.

What are your numbers like?

toptwin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby toptwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Bela wrote:
toptwin wrote:Just got an email denying ED but considering for RD. =/


today? I thought they were closed. Well, now I'm going to be hitting refresh compulsively.

Did they defer you to regular decision?


Yea today morning. stats: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/toptwin

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:36 pm

toptwin wrote:
Bela wrote:
toptwin wrote:Just got an email denying ED but considering for RD. =/


today? I thought they were closed. Well, now I'm going to be hitting refresh compulsively.

Did they defer you to regular decision?


Yea today morning. stats: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/toptwin


Really surprised they didn't admit you RD at the same time. :/ My bf got deferred from ED, but was admitted RD the same day (12/22)

toptwin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby toptwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Bela wrote:
toptwin wrote:
Bela wrote:
toptwin wrote:Just got an email denying ED but considering for RD. =/


today? I thought they were closed. Well, now I'm going to be hitting refresh compulsively.

Did they defer you to regular decision?


Yea today morning. stats: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/toptwin


Really surprised they didn't admit you RD at the same time. :/ My bf got deferred from ED, but was admitted RD the same day (12/22)



..aannd the day gets worse lol

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry :( I still think you have a great shot at RD, so I wouldn't worry. My bf's LSAT was the same, but his GPA is pretty high (3.9) so that's probably why he got the auto-admit.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't heard anything yet...

toptwin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby toptwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:42 pm

I mean I can't complain, I know it's my GPA that is holding me back from a lot of these schools. Gotta make the best of it. What are your stats? and ED?

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah, ED. 169, 3.75 and what I think are good softs. Still a hell of a long shot though

toptwin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby toptwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Bela wrote:Yeah, ED. 169, 3.75 and what I think are good softs. Still a hell of a long shot though


BEST OF LUCK! you have a 75% acceptance chance per lawschoolpredictor - I think you'll get it!

Bela
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby Bela » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:07 pm

toptwin wrote:
Bela wrote:Yeah, ED. 169, 3.75 and what I think are good softs. Still a hell of a long shot though


BEST OF LUCK! you have a 75% acceptance chance per lawschoolpredictor - I think you'll get it!


Thanks! I think it's the silence that's bothering me. Oh well, I'll know by Jan 15th!

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Just got the email bump to RD. Good luck all.

MTKennedy
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby MTKennedy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:32 pm

I knew I was an auto-reject but had a fee waiver, just received the rejection email for part-time regular decision. Submitted on 11-9.

IsleMet
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby IsleMet » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Rejected via email 5:30pm

166/3.6/2 years Teach for America/Masters Degree...In fulltime at Fordham so far.

I thought I would have had a better result (a deferral or at least a waitlist). Disappointing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”