GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dcbound

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby dcbound » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 pm

ofthehouse wrote:
law4vus wrote:Just got the WL update email. I wonder what they mean by "a limited number of applicants"?

do you mind copy and pasting what they wrote in the email?

Good afternoon.  I write to provide an update on the GW Law wait list.

Those applicants to whom we made direct offers of admission were required to send their first seat deposits to us by today (first deposits must be postmarked by April 15th).  By the end of next week, we should be in a position to evaluate whether we are able to make any offers of admission to wait listed candidates.  I expect that we will extend offers to a limited number of wait listed candidates during the month of May.

As is always the case, some of those admitted applicants who pay seat deposits will withdraw over the course of the next several months.  Therefore, we likely will be making offers of admission to some wait listed candidates throughout May, June and July. 

We do not rank our wait list.  Whenever we determine that we can make additional offers of admission, we review the entire list.  

We will do out best to get a final decision to you as quickly as possible.   

Thank you for your patience throughout this process.  Have a good weekend.

Anne
Anne M. Richard
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
The George Washington University Law School

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:57 pm

lol. I just got a corrected email because Anne Richard accidentally sent me an old email from July of 2010 in addition to the normal waitlist email that everyone else got.

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:15 pm

dcbound wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:
law4vus wrote:Just got the WL update email. I wonder what they mean by "a limited number of applicants"?

Those applicants to whom we made direct offers of admission were required to send their first seat deposits to us by today (first deposits must be postmarked by April 15th).  By the end of next week, we should be in a position to evaluate whether we are able to make any offers of admission to wait listed candidates.  I expect that we will extend offers to a limited number of wait listed candidates during the month of May.

...and then there are those of us who are still waiting for a decision.

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:18 pm

NewIvy wrote:
dcbound wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:

ya i'm still waiting for a decision as well... this seems like they're never gunna get back to me!

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:48 pm

ofthehouse wrote:ya i'm still waiting for a decision as well... this seems like they're never gunna get back to me!

I was really thinking and hoping it would come today. Alas...

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm

NewIvy wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:ya i'm still waiting for a decision as well... this seems like they're never gunna get back to me!

I was really thinking and hoping it would come today. Alas...

another week of waiting! thus, a weekend of drinking

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Sent in my deposit today. Still waiting on Duke/Gtown waitlists, but I'll very likely be going to GW. :D

spets

Postby spets » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Didn't send in my deposit, so withdrawn. Hope the spot goes to someone here.

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Have most of the decision emails been sent around 3 pm? I'm getting ancy!

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Any movement?

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 pm

NewIvy wrote:Any movement?

nothing! hoping for tomorrow.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Just a little reminder for those of you who choose to attend:

If you're hilarious, aren't a douche, and intend to be at every single Bar Review, please sign up for Section 15 when you get the chance. Trying to keep this the best 1L section for the third year running. Thanks.

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:58 am

ofthehouse wrote:

Watch me get into GW 2 hours after I deposit elsewhere off a waitlist tomorrow...

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

Always Credited wrote:Just a little reminder for those of you who choose to attend:

If you're hilarious, aren't a douche, and intend to be at every single Bar Review, please sign up for Section 15 when you get the chance. Trying to keep this the best 1L section for the third year running. Thanks.

How do you pick a section? I'm hilarious and not a douche, as far as I can tell.

zengyy

Postby zengyy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 pm

ofthehouse wrote:

I just got an email that I am on the waitlist. Since I submitted my application around March 23rd and got an email of file completion on April 11th, this sounds too quick a decision. I am wondering whether anyone got waitlist around the same time, which means they haven't read all the files and waitlisted the rest applicants.

smittelman6

Postby smittelman6 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 pm

zengyy wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:

I just got an email that I am on the waitlist. Since I submitted my application around March 23rd and got an email of file completion on April 11th, this sounds too quick a decision. I am wondering whether anyone got waitlist around the same time, which means they haven't read all the files and waitlisted the rest applicants.

well, i got a ding by e-mail today, but my numbers are low for GW, so idk if that means they're just waitlisting above a certain line, or if they read my PS and thought that sucked as well...

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Always Credited wrote: intend to be at every single Bar Review

Right here

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 pm

smittelman6 wrote:
zengyy wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:

well, i got a ding by e-mail today, but my numbers are low for GW, so idk if that means they're just waitlisting above a certain line, or if they read my PS and thought that sucked as well...

shit. checking my email now every 5 minutes.. sorry to hear that!

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Last edited by NewIvy on Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zengyy

Postby zengyy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone in the no GPA catagory (foreign undergraduate school) got admitted? I wonder where their cut-off line for this is. Thanks.

Dais1003

Postby Dais1003 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:08 pm

NewIvy wrote:
dcbound wrote:
ofthehouse wrote:

+1

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Looked through last year's WL thread and it looks like the first people were admitted around May 14th. Should be getting an update email during the first week of May. Prime LOCI time, guys.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:24 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
Always Credited wrote:Just a little reminder for those of you who choose to attend:

How do you pick a section? I'm hilarious and not a douche, as far as I can tell.

In June/July you'll have the option to opt-in to Section 15 just by emailing the dean. Its the afternoon class section, and is generally the most laid back, least annoying, and most fun section. Plus you get to take crim law with Kerr, who is an absolute baller.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Cool, thanks. :D

I was actually wondering how schedule selection worked. I know you're basically given a pre-fab schedule of classes based on what section you're in, but I wasn't really sure how much choice you had in picking a section?

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:Cool, thanks. :D

I was actually wondering how schedule selection worked. I know you're basically given a pre-fab schedule of classes based on what section you're in, but I wasn't really sure how much choice you had in picking a section?

I should clarify a little bit...there's only one choice of section - Section 15, or NOT section 15. You only get to opt-in to 15, and everyone else is distributed randomly from sections 11-14 with random schedules that they cannot see in advance.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”