GW 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dcbound

Re: GW 2011 Applicants

Postby dcbound » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 pm

FuManChusco wrote:Thank you. This is correct. I doubt I even get off the waitlist. I think nakiko is just a little upset that GW doesn't see them as a special little snowflake. And saying a school is one of your safeties when you're sitting below their 25th LSAT is laughable at best.

Edit: my bad, I didn't notice said user was a URM. What an entitled douche.

Why do you doubt you'll get off the WL dude? While my gpa is significantly better than yours, your LSAT is significantly better than mine. And I am doing EVERYTHING possible to get off of it. Positive thoughts man!!

ryanp1000

Postby ryanp1000 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 pm

lateblooming wrote:is anyone in the same boat I am and considering GWU @ sticker with maybe a little need-based aid...?

I am!

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 pm

dcbound wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:Thank you. This is correct. I doubt I even get off the waitlist. I think nakiko is just a little upset that GW doesn't see them as a special little snowflake. And saying a school is one of your safeties when you're sitting below their 25th LSAT is laughable at best.

Why do you doubt you'll get off the WL dude? While my gpa is significantly better than yours, your LSAT is significantly better than mine. And I am doing EVERYTHING possible to get off of it. Positive thoughts man!!

Yeah, it's possible. Depends if they need my LSAT or not. I think there are some better GPAs with a better than 75th LSAT on the WL though, so I'm probably not the first person they'll pull off. I wouldn't go there at sticker anyways.

dcbound

Postby dcbound » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
dcbound wrote:

Yeah, it's possible. Depends if they need my LSAT or not. I think there are some better GPAs with a better than 75th LSAT on the WL though, so I'm probably not the first person they'll pull off. I wouldn't go there at sticker anyways.

Yeah I hear ya. I said this in an earlier post. Due to their stinginess with schollies, the high COA and COL, the overall drop in apps this cycle, and the seemingly unpopularity of this thread compared to lower ranked schools; I kind of feel like they may hit up the WL a decent amount.

*crosses fingers and toes*

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

dcbound wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
dcbound wrote:

Yeah I hear ya. I said this in an earlier post. Due to their stinginess with schollies, the high COA and COL, the overall drop in apps this cycle, and the seemingly unpopularity of this thread compared to lower ranked schools; I kind of feel like they may hit up the WL a decent amount.

*crosses fingers and toes*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure GW dips into the WL more than peers schools in general. I imagine it's because they want to maintain their yield. The high COA is the reason I wouldn't go at sticker so you might be onto something.

dcbound

Postby dcbound » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 pm

FuManChusco wrote: The high COA is the reason I wouldn't go at sticker so you might be onto something.

Which is a big reason for said unpopularity (relatively) of the thread IMHO.

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Even as a URM, I have to agree with FuMan. There is no doubt that the bump from being a URM is both equitable and necessary, but show some humility when the vast of majority of your non-URM peers couldn't dream of attending with such numbers.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

columbia86 wrote:

Even as a URM, I have to agree with FuMan. There is no doubt that the bump from being a URM is both equitable and necessary, but show some humility when the vast of majority of your non-URM peers couldn't dream of attending with such numbers.

thank you. I'm not taking shots at his/her URM status. that doesn't really bother me at all. I'm taking shots at his/her false sense of entitlement. nothing better than watching someone act like they're a god when their numbers are decent at best.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:26 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
columbia86 wrote:

thank you. I'm not taking shots at his/her URM status. that doesn't really bother me at all. I'm taking shots at his/her false sense of entitlement. nothing better than watching someone act like they're a god when their numbers are decent at best.

I agree with this statement, especially since my numbers aren't all that far off from his/hers, and I got flat out rejected.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 pm

WL this morning. Thoughy I had a good chance because even at a 3.1, my 178 would have been the 2nd highest lsat on LSN and theyve admitted a good number of people with worse on both.

I guess applying late killed me, should I take this as a sign that GULC and NW (I have 1 yr WE) aren't going to happen?

Looks like taking the money and running at WashU.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm

splitmuch wrote:WL this morning. Thoughy I had a good chance because even at a 3.1, my 178 would have been the 2nd highest lsat on LSN and theyve admitted a good number of people with worse on both.

I guess applying late killed me, should I take this as a sign that GULC and NW (I have 1 yr WE) aren't going to happen?

Friend with a 3.4 and a 169 got WL this morning too. She applied within the past few weeks. Looks like applying late killed people.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

splitmuch wrote:WL this morning. Thoughy I had a good chance because even at a 3.1, my 178 would have been the 2nd highest lsat on LSN and theyve admitted a good number of people with worse on both.

GULC loves high LSAT splitters more than GW. NW won't happen without ED imo.

ama8189

Postby ama8189 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm

IN VIA EMAIL!

3.3 and 169!!

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

ama8189 wrote:IN VIA EMAIL!

3.3 and 169!!

Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you apply?

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:31 pm

In via e-mail this morning!

I submitted my app somewhere around 2/17-2/19.

167, 3.77

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:40 pm

congrats to the other recent admits!

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:

Friend with a 3.4 and a 169 got WL this morning too. She applied within the past few weeks. Looks like applying late killed people.

Splitmuch; i have no clue why you wouldnt get in. It wasn't the late app. I sent in 2/16 and got the accept yesterday (really wasnt expecting it, especially that quick). Perhaps your PS was addressed to Harvard? Im sure you will get in somewhere better than GW with a 178 anyway.

Money at WashU is always a good deal. Haven't heard back from them yet personally, but i definitely wouldn't lose hope for GULC or UVA... that LSAT number is rediculous.

Here's hoping that my acceptance packet has an envelope with more than one zero in it!!

ku1185 wrote:In via e-mail this morning!

I submitted my app somewhere around 2/17-2/19.

167, 3.77

Congrats!!! Lets make sweet sweet law together

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:52 pm

No $$, as expected. But I'm still disappointed as it's going to be hard to finance my education there, especially given what I would like to do (PI that doesn't qualify for their LRAP). Time to have a long talk with their financial aid officer.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:

harrijust86 wrote:Splitmuch; i have no clue why you wouldnt get in. It wasn't the late app. I sent in 2/16 and got the accept yesterday (really wasnt expecting it, especially that quick). Perhaps your PS was addressed to Harvard? Im sure you will get in somewhere better than GW with a 178 anyway.

Money at WashU is always a good deal. Haven't heard back from them yet personally, but i definitely wouldn't lose hope for GULC or UVA... that LSAT number is rediculous.

Here's hoping that my acceptance packet has an envelope with more than one zero in it!!

Thanks, just got the UVA WL today too. Had a NW interview that I think went really well (ended with the interviewer talking about how we were similar and "cut from the same cloth) so holding out hope for there or GULC but, at the same time, I'm content (though not thrilled) with my "worst case" scenario of going to WUSTL for cheap.

Congrats to all you GW admits!

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm

ku1185 wrote:No $$, as expected. But I'm still disappointed as it's going to be hard to finance my education there, especially given what I would like to do (PI that doesn't qualify for their LRAP). Time to have a long talk with their financial aid officer.

Now I need to go home and check my mail! I hope, without reason, that maybe my envelope will have better news.(what's it look like btw, they may have sent mine to the wrong address) Still congrats on the admit, best wishes moving forward.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:31 pm

tag

androstan

Postby androstan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm

ktg808 wrote:
lateblooming wrote:is anyone in the same boat I am and considering GWU @ sticker with maybe a little need-based aid...?

me lol. it's a GREAT school so I'm still considering it.

Me, I think I'll be able to swing 10k+ in aid and my spouse will be making just enough to cover our living expenses. So hopefully I'm looking at 30k/year total, which isn't bad.

spece212

Postby spece212 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 pm

How responsive are the assigned financial aid advisors? I wrote to them about 3 days back and I am yet to hear back. Am I expecting a reply too soon?? GWU without some sort of aid is going to be a tough ask!!

Lord_Roy

Postby Lord_Roy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

spece212 wrote:How responsive are the assigned financial aid advisors? I wrote to them about 3 days back and I am yet to hear back. Am I expecting a reply too soon?? GWU without some sort of aid is going to be a tough ask!!

I wrote my adviser some weeks back and got a response within an hour or so...

cjw2222

Postby cjw2222 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:47 pm

GW just popped my ding cherry.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”