2010 Splitters Application Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FiveSermon

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:36 pm

136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.

I see TTT in your future.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.

Splitters are people with high LSAT's and low GPA's. Reverse splitters are people with high GPA's and low LSAT's. Technically, you are a reverse splitter.

Law school admissions is all about numbers, but most people have numbers that are around the median (with one being higher and the other being lower). Schools almost never admit people who are very far from the medians and this is why people say you don't have a shot with your 136.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Flips88 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.

This confirms your relationship status: Single.

ProfitsProphets

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 pm

bk1 wrote:

Splitters are people with high LSAT's and low GPA's. Reverse splitters are people with high GPA's and low LSAT's. Technically, you are a reverse splitter.

Law school admissions is all about numbers, but most people have numbers that are around the median (with one being higher and the other being lower). Schools almost never admit people who are very far from the medians and this is why people say you don't have a shot with your 136.

And I never once disputed that theory. I've stated over and over I know I am a long shot. However, last year Hastings let in 142 17PERCENTILE, so my plan is to retake the test while "giving it a shot this year." I apologize, I'm a reverse splitter. I'm new to this site, so I have to get used to the names given to us, like URMs and TTT and ITT and APT and DHYYF and HUFHJB blah blah blah.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
bk1 wrote:

And I never once disputed that theory. I've stated over and over I know I am a long shot. However, last year Hastings let in 142 17PERCENTILE, so my plan is to retake the test while "giving it a shot this year." I apologize, I'm a reverse splitter. I'm new to this site, so I have to get used to the names given to us, like URMs and TTT and ITT and APT and DHYYF and HUFHJB blah blah blah.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that 142 was a URM and even if he/she wasn't it's incredibly foolish to use that person as an example of anything other than a miracle.

spets

Postby spets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm

While I don't know anything about LEOP, Profits, I would say your chances are very slim. That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of hope so long as your actions are grounded in reality (which they seem to be, since you're already preparing for another go at the LSAT).

I wish you the best of luck.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:And I never once disputed that theory. I've stated over and over I know I am a long shot. However, last year Hastings let in 142 17PERCENTILE, so my plan is to retake the test while "giving it a shot this year." I apologize, I'm a reverse splitter. I'm new to this site, so I have to get used to the names given to us, like URMs and TTT and ITT and APT and DHYYF and HUFHJB blah blah blah.

Calling a less than 1% chance of acceptance a long shot is a bit of an understatement. Your chances of getting into Hastings with a 136 probably resemble your chances of winning the lottery. I'm not saying you're wrong for applying, but you are wasting your money and that is just being realistic.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 am

ProfitsProphets wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Flips88 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Lulzy.

WTF does relationship status have to do with anything?

IMHO - Single = winning.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:

Lulzy.

WTF does relationship status have to do with anything?

IMHO - Single = winning.

yeah that was uncalled for flip

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't get involved with I guess social posting often on this site, but I just wanted to say that you can always count on FiveSermon to be the douchiest motherfucker around. Flips - haven't seen but a fraction of your 6000 posts but goddamn that was not cool. "136" is a huge low self-esteem douchtastic dick thing to say.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:46 pm

can we petition a ban on flip for being so arrogant towards fellow TLSers?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm

whitman wrote:I don't get involved with I guess social posting often on this site, but I just wanted to say that you can always count on FiveSermon to be the douchiest motherfucker around. Flips - haven't seen but a fraction of your 6000 posts but goddamn that was not cool. "136" is a huge low self-esteem douchtastic dick thing to say.

Weak. I don't get a shout-out?

Edit: Look at my avatar! If that isn't douche-tastic, I don't know what is.
Last edited by beachbum on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm

whitman wrote:I don't get involved with I guess social posting often on this site, but I just wanted to say that you can always count on FiveSermon to be the douchiest motherfucker around. Flips - haven't seen but a fraction of your 6000 posts but goddamn that was not cool. "136" is a huge low self-esteem douchtastic dick thing to say.

On TLS, people often judge a poster's insults/jokes using LSAT scores. Knock one out of the park = 180, epic fail = 120. I felt 136 was apropos since that was a pretty awful insult. The guy is in the splitter thread with a 3.7/136. Red_alertz is sitting around feeding him this false hope. The truth hurts sometimes, but I'm sure he can retake and break 150 or higher just fine. Sorry if it was a douche move, but this whole ordeal got rather asinine really quickly. So let's just quit beating this dead horse and move on.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm

And beachbum is a banana pirate Dookie.

Edited for more concise synonym.
Last edited by whitman on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm

beachbum wrote:

I can pass the douche crown I apparently inherited to you if you'd like

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Flips88 wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I can pass the douche crown I apparently inherited to you if you'd like

I mean... I wouldn't say no.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Also, I would be shocked if 136 ain't trolling. What would random guessing score? That person seems pretty intelligent compared to some I know who scored way higher and can't even string a sentence together.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

whitman wrote:Also, I would be shocked if 136 ain't trolling. What would random guessing score? That person seems pretty intelligent compared to some I know who scored way higher and can't even string a sentence together.

Meh, I've known pretty intelligent people (or at least, people who communicate intelligently) who scored very low on the test. 136 seems a little ridiculous, but I don't think it's out of the question. If someone walked into the test without having studied at all, and if there were other factors involved (i.e. anxiety, poor sleep, car trouble, etc), I could see a 136. And since this person doesn't seem to be too inflammatory/over-the-top/funny, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

136 is still terrible, though.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 pm

beachbum wrote:
whitman wrote:Also, I would be shocked if 136 ain't trolling. What would random guessing score? That person seems pretty intelligent compared to some I know who scored way higher and can't even string a sentence together.

Meh, I've known pretty intelligent people (or at least, people who communicate intelligently) who scored very low on the test. 136 seems a little ridiculous, but I don't think it's out of the question. If someone walked into the test without having studied at all, and if there were other factors involved (i.e. anxiety, poor sleep, car trouble, etc), I could see a 136. And since this person doesn't seem to be too inflammatory/over-the-top/funny, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

136 is still terrible, though.

Stop that. LSAT is BARELY considered in the law school admission process. My thorough background in paper airplane making, false compliment giving, and arguing with my mother are all much more important softs.

All in all, he has a decent shot.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:07 pm

You mad brah?

Anyways I'm far from being the douchiest person on TLS. I'm not even above average on the douchy scale for TLS.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Red_alertz has to be an alt. All he does is troll threads telling people with >150 LSATs and >3.0 GPAs that their stats are great.

dukey

Postby dukey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:18 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
bk1 wrote:

I remember reading a book by some admissions dean from U Miami (I think...at least I'm sure that it was a Florida school) - she wrote that in all her XX years as an admissions officer, she had only accepted 2 individuals with 140 scores, one of which was on accident.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Last edited by whitman on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 pm

FiveSermon wrote:You mad brah?

Anyways I'm far from being the douchiest person on TLS. I'm not even above average on the douchy scale for TLS.

TITCR.

You two are lucky some of the other TLS'ers aren't a part of this thread. You'd get torn apart.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”