2010 Splitters Application Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby kjadkins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Only 4 out of 18 for me :( Three acceptances, one rejection. But I submitted rather late, most of them on 11/30.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby neeko » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Tag

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby awahoya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:03 am

kjadkins wrote: I submitted rather late, most of them on 11/30.


Ditto. Well, anywhere between 11/19-11/30. Have heard from 4/16- 3 accepts, 1 WL.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby whitman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 am

Heard from 6/17. 5 acceptances, 1 waitlist.

User avatar
PuckCU06
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby PuckCU06 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 am

173 / 3.1 -- Deferred CLS, WL Gtown, rejected at UVA and Harvard, still waiting on NYU, Michigan, Duke... Won't lie, I was surprised by GTown and UVA...

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am

Applied in Dec, 3/15...rejected UVA, wl at W&L, accepted at Houston

172/2.85

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

September applicant, i've heard from 13/19 with 11 accepts and 2 waitlist spots :)

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby czelede » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

hipstermafia wrote:September applicant, i've heard from 13/19 with 11 accepts and 2 waitlist spots :)


I always thought you were a reverse splitter for some reason! Anyways, congrats on a pretty lovely cycle so far :)

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

czelede wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:September applicant, i've heard from 13/19 with 11 accepts and 2 waitlist spots :)


I always thought you were a reverse splitter for some reason! Anyways, congrats on a pretty lovely cycle so far :)

hehe, nope! Thanks, and you too!!

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby BeachedBrit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Heard from 3 now.

1 acceptance (UT), 2 WL's (Chicago and UVA)

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby supahstahxruv » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 pm

so far, in at GTown, Cornell, BU, Penn, and UCLA. rejected at Chicago.

CLS is my #1 choice though so keeping my fingers crossed!!! good luck everyone!!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby bdubs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

supahstahxruv wrote:so far, in at GTown, Cornell, BU, Penn, and UCLA. rejected at Chicago.

CLS is my #1 choice though so keeping my fingers crossed!!! good luck everyone!!


When did you apply/hear from UCLA?? Are you a CA resident?

Same #s, applied to UCLA in late October and haven't heard jack from them since.

logistikon
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby logistikon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:48 pm

did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Make that 5 :)

IN at W&M!

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby 123xalady » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm

logistikon wrote:did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?



i think i saw a 3.6x/ 172 on LSN

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm

PuckCU06 wrote:173 / 3.1 -- Deferred CLS, WL Gtown, rejected at UVA and Harvard, still waiting on NYU, Michigan, Duke... Won't lie, I was surprised by GTown and UVA...


UVA can be very weird. Their admissions decisions are so unpredictable.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:Applied in Dec, 3/15...rejected UVA, wl at W&L, accepted at Houston

172/2.85


Where else did you apply? Just curious.

User avatar
1evilo.aihpos
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:37 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 pm

logistikon wrote:did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?

I got a phone call from a chicago number (no ties to chicago) I missed the call. But the number was not from the university(according to the web-site's listing; on the same day my status was updated. Does anyone know what this might mean???

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby BeachedBrit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Only heard from 3 of 9 and I applied before 11/1. 1 accept, 2 WL's, actually having what I consider an awful cycle, have a feeling I'll be seeing more WL's.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm

logistikon wrote:did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?


I think the most splitterish was a 172/3.59 I think which is close to the 25%ile. There were URMs below that, but it's not really the same bar for them.

logistikon
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby logistikon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 am

bdubs wrote:
logistikon wrote:did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?


I think the most splitterish was a 172/3.59 I think which is close to the 25%ile. There were URMs below that, but it's not really the same bar for them.


damn so really no splitters below 3.5 huh? damn.

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby edgarfigaro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
edgarfigaro wrote:Applied in Dec, 3/15...rejected UVA, wl at W&L, accepted at Houston

172/2.85


Where else did you apply? Just curious.


http://lawschoolnumbers.com/tallguy and UNC as well.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby bdubs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am

logistikon wrote:
bdubs wrote:
logistikon wrote:did ANY chicago splitters get in on 1/10?


I think the most splitterish was a 172/3.59 I think which is close to the 25%ile. There were URMs below that, but it's not really the same bar for them.


damn so really no splitters below 3.5 huh? damn.


Sorry when I rethought this one I realized that I totally ignored the "splitters" in the true sense of the word as TLS defines it. There is one on LSN (http://lawschoolnumbers.com/TommyLoff) . I don't remember any non-URM sub 3.6s from the thread saying they were accepted.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:20 am

In at 4, WL at 2, dinged at 3.

Only a few more viable options left. Riding the splitter cycle rollercoaster.

User avatar
sojasoph
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby sojasoph » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 am

joining the splitters club, with a super split

Image

179 3.33333
18 apps. 4-ins so far. applied in the begining of december




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, okf731, SevenSeven77 and 12 guests