2010 Splitters Application Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby chrisbru » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:40 am

gummy19vp wrote:2.9 166 anticipating a rough cycle.... Only heard back from w&l wait listed...applied far and wide 21 schools going for some love from wustl and illinois hear back this friday sub 3.0 mid 160's sucks


Where else did you apply? Not to be a downer, but WUSTL is a LONG shot for you, and Illinois is also unlikely. Did you apply to Iowa and Colorado if you're looking for that area of the country? Or maybe even Kansas?

gummy19vp
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby gummy19vp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh I applied all over both geographically and rankings wise. My super long shot if the dean is feeling crazy is texas while the lowest ranked school I applied to was texas tech. After that I applied to lots of schools ranked around 30 to 60 even though my lsat isn't stellar like some of the splitters here that is at or above 75% at most of the schools in that range. Plus I have a decent reason for the gpa and some good softs plus lors and you never know who will like you that's why I applied all over but wustl and illinois were a couple of my reach schools.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby chrisbru » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

gummy19vp wrote:Oh I applied all over both geographically and rankings wise. My super long shot if the dean is feeling crazy is texas while the lowest ranked school I applied to was texas tech. After that I applied to lots of schools ranked around 30 to 60 even though my lsat isn't stellar like some of the splitters here that is at or above 75% at most of the schools in that range. Plus I have a decent reason for the gpa and some good softs plus lors and you never know who will like you that's why I applied all over but wustl and illinois were a couple of my reach schools.


Holy shit man. I hope you used more punctuation in your PS. That was hard to read.

gummy19vp
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby gummy19vp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Lol writing on my phone not conducive to good punctuation

User avatar
PuckCU06
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby PuckCU06 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm a 173 / 3.1, 4 years out of school... looking for my kind to compare notes...

-Ally

User avatar
kch3684
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby kch3684 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 pm

PuckCU06 wrote:I'm a 173 / 3.1, 4 years out of school... looking for my kind to compare notes...

-Ally


170 / 3.1 5 years out of school
I was hoping that schools would take the gpa with a grain of salt since I've been out of school for so long but so far I haven't been accepted anywhere that I didn't think I'd get in.

User avatar
Siamsa414
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Siamsa414 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm

3.26/179 non-URM here, and applying late. Starting to get very nervous. Pretty much papering the country with applications, from the absolute no-chance schools all the way to barely in the T100.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Kabuo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Siamsa414 wrote:3.26/179 non-URM here, and applying late. Starting to get very nervous. Pretty much papering the country with applications, from the absolute no-chance schools all the way to barely in the T100.


Bottom of T2 seems a little unnecessary. Absolute worst you are going to do is WUSTL with $$. Edited for double quote and typo.

Oracl3
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Oracl3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:20 pm

..
Last edited by Oracl3 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Siamsa414
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Siamsa414 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 pm

Kabuo wrote:
Siamsa414 wrote:3.26/179 non-URM here, and applying late. Starting to get very nervous. Pretty much papering the country with applications, from the absolute no-chance schools all the way to barely in the T100.


Bottom of T2 seems a little unnecessary. Absolute worst you are going to do is WUSTL with $$. Edited for double quote and typo.


Thanks for the reassurance - there's only one bottom-T2 I'm applying to, which is McGeorge. It's in the area I'd like to practice in, and I of course have a fee waiver. But still, I'm kicking myself for applying late in the game, and of course for not working harder on school in undergrad. I guess that's the curse of the splitter, eh?

Dunnavant
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:58 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Dunnavant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 am

Biochem major from UCLA with 2.87ugpa/167, good softs and personal (I think)

Got into loyola LA no $
Minnesota twin cities with $$
and Santa Clara with $$

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 am

BeachedBrit wrote:
TyrodTaylor wrote:you are not a splitter with a 3.5 and 170+ stop degrading our kind.... 3.13 167. Just now sending apps to WM, Emory, W&L, UNC and URichmond


We've been over this before, I'm under 25th GPA% and over 75th LSAT% everywhere I applied, that makes me a splitter.


+1 :) Why the hate, yo? We're all in this together...

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am

Got some splitter love from Penn yesterday.

Also got waitlisted by Chicago. Can't win them all, but I really would have loved to go to Chicago.

czelede
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby czelede » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 am

Oracl3 wrote:3.66/177/good softs/1 year we.

in at UVA with $$$ and waiting on 7 others.


Okay, you DEFINITELY do not belong in this thread, considering you're over the 25% at 10 out of the 14 T14s and only 0.02 away from the 25% at Boalt.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 am

czelede wrote:
Oracl3 wrote:3.66/177/good softs/1 year we.

in at UVA with $$$ and waiting on 7 others.


Okay, you DEFINITELY do not belong in this thread, considering you're over the 25% at 10 out of the 14 T14s and only 0.02 away from the 25% at Boalt.


Agreed, you are actually over the 25% at Boalt.

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/37.htm

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:10 pm

While I guess you can technically call yourself a splitter at 3.66/175+ ( who is going to stop you? ) that is missing the point of the term splitter completely and comes off wrong. You are in at most of the t14 with money yet you choose to identify yourself as someone whose "low" gpa is holding them back? Sorry - you are just applying to the most selective schools in the nation.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 pm

I've gotten 2 WLs and two helds this month and no acceptances or dings. Very frustrating.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Entchen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Hannibal wrote:I've gotten 2 WLs and two helds this month and no acceptances or dings. Very frustrating.

Hugs. You'll have better news soon.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I think I am about done. I knew this a while ago but recently getting confirmation. Got WL at Penn, UVA and Chicago all in the last week. I haven't had good news since before thanksgiving. I can't really complain, it just looks like I'll be taking my 54k at umich. I am still waiting on decisions from Columbia, NYU, Duke, and Northwestern though I doubt I have any more good news on the way.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby whitman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:44 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I think I am about done. I knew this a while ago but recently getting confirmation. Got WL at Penn, UVA and Chicago all in the last week. I haven't had good news since before thanksgiving. I can't really complain, it just looks like I'll be taking my 54k at umich. I am still waiting on decisions from Columbia, NYU, Duke, and Northwestern though I doubt I have any more good news on the way.


Poor guy.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

I've heard from 8 out of 11... One waitlist, seven acceptances. Still waiting on my top two (CU and U Minn) and Kansas. I've only received scholarship info from 4 of the 7, however.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

whitman wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I think I am about done. I knew this a while ago but recently getting confirmation. Got WL at Penn, UVA and Chicago all in the last week. I haven't had good news since before thanksgiving. I can't really complain, it just looks like I'll be taking my 54k at umich. I am still waiting on decisions from Columbia, NYU, Duke, and Northwestern though I doubt I have any more good news on the way.


Poor guy.


I know, I hear the violins.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm a 2.9 (undiagnosed learning disabilities)/165. I've applied to 23 schools at all different levels (well, 3 Tier 3, the rest top 100) and all over the country, but just applied last week. Will a very early January application hurt me? Everyone else here apparently finished theirs in October/November!

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Kinderby wrote:I'm a 2.9 (undiagnosed learning disabilities)/165. I've applied to 23 schools at all different levels (well, 3 Tier 3, the rest top 100) and all over the country, but just applied last week. Will a very early January application hurt me? Everyone else here apparently finished theirs in October/November!


It really depends on the school. Some schools I applied to have only done zero/one admissions wave. Depending on how long they take to go complete, you might not even be at any disadvantage. Some schools have admitted a ton of students, and if they take ~1month to go complete you might be hurt.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm at hearing from 7/18. Three in, 2 WL, 2 held/deferred.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, Chipotle85, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], Houzy, Leahmealone, Long shot hero, PDX4343, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 11 guests