2010 Splitters Application Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Guy

New

Re: 2010 Splitters Application Thread

Post by Guy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:00 pm

this is hands down the best thread on this website. truly hilarious. but seriously, i think hes got a pretty good chance. stop being so negative guys

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Guy wrote:this is hands down the best thread on this website. truly hilarious. but seriously, i think hes got a pretty good chance. stop being so negative guys
TITCR

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Guy wrote:this is hands down the best thread on this website. truly hilarious. but seriously, i think hes got a pretty good chance. stop being so negative guys
I smell an alt.

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 pm

what's ALT?

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:10 pm

If you're not first you're last. Ask Ricky Bobby. LSAT scores are all pretty much the same if you don't get a 180.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Ya'll are gettin trolled hard.

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 pm

thats true. well said. totally true.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:05 pm

beachbum wrote:Ya'll are gettin trolled hard.
But it's so entertaining... Don't let it stop!

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Still doesn't beat the "3 TSL Myths" thread on the Admissions forum.

To get back to the original thread: how are all y'all splitters doing with WL/reserve/hold apps? I'm patiently waiting on CCN, among others.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow, I leave for a day and this site turns into a gambling website.

Look people, I get it. It's hard to fathom the notion of low scorers realizing their potential and graduating law school (and I've seen the attitude towards URMs on this very site). So, since most of you on this site are AWESOME at the LSAT, consider your argument: If one has median+ LSAT/GPA, then admissions into law school is absolute, based solely on the "numbers." Yet, every year each of you receive at least 1 rejection and 1 WL. I can imagine the counter argument going something like this. "But I got into 3 t-20s, so this proves getting into law school is absolute." But what about the 5 rejections and 3 WLs? (and I'm just grabbing numbers from LSN and looking at typical applicants who applied to at least 10+ schools with great numbers.) Do the 8 non-admits mean anything? What this indicates is that regardless of your impressive "numbers," we don't see you matriculating here. So it's not absolute. Otherwise, every decision would be an admittance, which is hardly the case.

So please, save your bets. Try a little harder to contain your prejudices, although this proves difficult when we remain anonymous, and don't stress so much over the idea of a 136 getting into a t-40 law school. LEOP exist for a reason. The idea behind it is Equality. And if any of you think you can walk a mile in my shoes, coming from my background, and simply sit down and take the LSAT and score the same as you did, yeah, sure buddy :wink: . Place a bet on that.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Try a little harder to contain your prejudices, although this proves difficult when we remain anonymous, and don't stress so much over the idea of a 136 getting into a t-40 law school.
You conflate people telling you that you don't have a chance of getting into a school with them caring whether or not you actually get into that school.

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Wow, I leave for a day and this site turns into a gambling website.

Look people, I get it. It's hard to fathom the notion of low scorers realizing their potential and graduating law school (and I've seen the attitude towards URMs on this very site). So, since most of you on this site are AWESOME at the LSAT, consider your argument: If one has median+ LSAT/GPA, then admissions into law school is absolute, based solely on the "numbers." Yet, every year each of you receive at least 1 rejection and 1 WL. I can imagine the counter argument going something like this. "But I got into 3 t-20s, so this proves getting into law school is absolute." But what about the 5 rejections and 3 WLs? (and I'm just grabbing numbers from LSN and looking at typical applicants who applied to at least 10+ schools with great numbers.) Do the 8 non-admits mean anything? What this indicates is that regardless of your impressive "numbers," we don't see you matriculating here. So it's not absolute. Otherwise, every decision would be an admittance, which is hardly the case.

So please, save your bets. Try a little harder to contain your prejudices, although this proves difficult when we remain anonymous, and don't stress so much over the idea of a 136 getting into a t-40 law school. LEOP exist for a reason. The idea behind it is Equality. And if any of you think you can walk a mile in my shoes, coming from my background, and simply sit down and take the LSAT and score the same as you did, yeah, sure buddy :wink: . Place a bet on that.
well said, what's the your story btw?

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 pm

And as far as that comment about my unemployment status. Allow me to enlighten the ignorant. I'm a paralegal, who was working in BigLaw, and around 2008 (maybe this is news to some of you) the economy went into a massive recession. This has eliminated 1000's and 1000's of legal positions, including attorney positions. So while many of you are disillusioned about waltzing into that 150k BigLaw offer right out of law school, maybe you should stop looking at life through a prism.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

bk187 wrote:
ProfitsProphets wrote:Try a little harder to contain your prejudices, although this proves difficult when we remain anonymous, and don't stress so much over the idea of a 136 getting into a t-40 law school.
You conflate people telling you that you don't have a chance of getting into a school with them caring whether or not you actually get into that school.
There's enough care to start making wagers about my chances. A little childish, don't you think?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:Wow, I leave for a day and this site turns into a gambling website.

You know you're in the splitters application thread, right? It's always confused me that you're in here, since I doubt you're a splitter at even the least selective non accredited school, but none of us here have both numbers above median.

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

what are u talking abt? even at least non-accredited school?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Also, please stop using the first person plural ITT. As unique a snowflake as you are, I think we're all different enough that neither of us should be speaking for the other.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:There's enough care to start making wagers about my chances. A little childish, don't you think?
Let me help you with that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

--ImageRemoved--

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 pm

why you all gotta keep banging this guy? it is what it is, law school admissions are unpredictable or else LSP would be correct 100% of the time so leave some room for doubts heh?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:30 pm

red_alertz wrote:why you all gotta keep banging this guy? it is what it is, law school admissions are unpredictable or else LSP would be correct 100% of the time so leave some room for doubts heh?
I love how the two of you have this notion that something can't be predictable unless it's 100% predictable.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Kabuo wrote:

You know you're in the splitters application thread, right? It's always confused me that you're in here, since I doubt you're a splitter at even the least selective non accredited school, but none of us here have both numbers above median.
136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.

ProfitsProphets

Bronze

Post by ProfitsProphets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Flips88 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--
Based on the number of posts you have written, maybe you should take a break (and get a life).

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 pm

ProfitsProphets wrote:
136/3.65 (3.71) Is that suffice? And I was responding to the notion that law school admission is all about the numbers, which many of you ardently supported, yet, by your own admission, you don't even have both numbers. Now I'm confused.
No. That is not suffice. You are a reverse splitter at some places, and below both medians at most T1s. With that GPA, I don't think a school exists where you would be a splitter.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”