In at Richmond - 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dibs

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Postby dibs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:45 am

deusvult wrote:I missed a call and text from Dean Rahman at 9:30 on Wednesday. Did anyone else get a call? Hopefully with good news?

if dean rahman tried to contact you it is to offer admission. hth.

deusvult

Postby deusvult » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm

That's what I hope. I'm cautious though, they've only had my report for a few days and I retook in Dec.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:12 am

I got my call last night! Very excited!

kmr07d

Postby kmr07d » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am

Hi! Does anyone know if they admit you any other way besides a phone call? My application has been complete since early November and I was informed that they won't review it until early March.. should I be worried?

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Richmond does rolling admissions a little differently. . .they admit clear admits early, and then send out mostly waitlists later in the cycle and admit from that waitlist after they've gotten a more clear idea of how many initially accept. I got wait listed last year in March :(

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet :( LSP has me at "admit" even without the URM bump (which I don't think Richmond cares too much about). I'm a little below the median GPA (but well above the 25th) and well above the 75th LSAT.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:58 pm

kjadkins wrote:I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet :( LSP has me at "admit" even without the URM bump (which I don't think Richmond cares too much about). I'm a little below the median GPA (but well above the 25th) and well above the 75th LSAT.

Have you been emailing them regularly? Your numbers are a bit better than mine, but we've been in contact regularly for quite a while now.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:36 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet :( LSP has me at "admit" even without the URM bump (which I don't think Richmond cares too much about). I'm a little below the median GPA (but well above the 25th) and well above the 75th LSAT.

Have you been emailing them regularly? Your numbers are a bit better than mine, but we've been in contact regularly for quite a while now.

Not really, I haven't had any reason to. A week or so after I applied I emailed them about an addendum that I forgot to attach, but nothing since then. Other than that I haven't had any real reason to contact them. But I guess I should send a LOCI, I'll probably wait to I get back to school next week and check my mail in case my notification was via snail mail.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 pm

They really seem to contact everyone this early by phone. From what I've read and the way their correspondence reads, they really want signals that you are interested in their school specifically.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 am

crysmissmichelle wrote:They really seem to contact everyone this early by phone. From what I've read and the way their correspondence reads, they really want signals that you are interested in their school specifically.

That's interesting. They've never contacted me by phone or by email since they got my application. The only thing I've heard from them is a response when I emailed asking about the addendum I needed to send them.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Have you visited the law school yet?

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:40 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:Have you visited the law school yet?

A couple of years ago, but not since I applied.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 pm

kjadkins wrote:

I see on the profile that you're already in at a few really good schools and have applied to others more highly ranked than Richmond. If you're serious about Richmond, and really want to go there, let them know. I think they are one of the schools that really wants to hear it. They want to see visits and questions and dean visits. You know?

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:

I see on the profile that you're already in at a few really good schools and have applied to others more highly ranked than Richmond. If you're serious about Richmond, and really want to go there, let them know. I think they are one of the schools that really wants to hear it. They want to see visits and questions and dean visits. You know?

I'm definitely seriously considering Richmond, I have some great offers but if the finances don't pan out, my cheapest option is to go to U of R (hoping for at least a small scholarship) and live with my parents (making COL virtually zero). That's why it's pretty important to me to have that option.

Has anyone been notified of an acceptance by anything other than a phone call? Before I do anything else I really wanna check my mail at school when I get back next friday in case there's a chance of a letter waiting. I know I sound kind of entitled but I thought Richmond was one of the only schools where I felt like I was even close to an auto-admit and I didn't think they YPed that much.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:31 pm

kjadkins wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:

I'm definitely seriously considering Richmond, I have some great offers but if the finances don't pan out, my cheapest option is to go to U of R (hoping for at least a small scholarship) and live with my parents (making COL virtually zero). That's why it's pretty important to me to have that option.

Has anyone been notified of an acceptance by anything other than a phone call? Before I do anything else I really wanna check my mail at school when I get back next friday in case there's a chance of a letter waiting. I know I sound kind of entitled but I thought Richmond was one of the only schools where I felt like I was even close to an auto-admit and I didn't think they YPed that much.

I've watched this thread this year and last and pretty much everyone who reports getting in this early got a phone call. . . I understand your thought process. It sounds the same as mine. I have to have the financial assistance or I don't get to go to law school at all, so I understand where you're coming from. With that in mind, it pains me to tell someone with better numbers than me, lol, but if you're already here for vacation, why not schedule a visit? They need to know you want their school.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:03 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:
I've watched this thread this year and last and pretty much everyone who reports getting in this early got a phone call. . . I understand your thought process. It sounds the same as mine. I have to have the financial assistance or I don't get to go to law school at all, so I understand where you're coming from. With that in mind, it pains me to tell someone with better numbers than me, lol, but if you're already here for vacation, why not schedule a visit? They need to know you want their school.

Unfortunately I'm not spending break with my parents, I'm out of state with other family members until I go back to school on Friday. If I can get a ride to Richmond I'll try to go after school starts again though. I just don't have the resources to visit every school I'm seriously considering, I'm only going to ASWs that are paid for because I just don't have the money right now.

/sob story. I guess I'll get over it if I don't get in just like everyone else has to.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:32 pm

With your numbers, I doubt you will have that problem. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

deusvult

Postby deusvult » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 pm

IN at Richmond via a call from Dean Rahman! First school I have heard from, very exciting.

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 am

Got the call/text just before Christmas - was a nice treat!

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:Anybody accepted recently?

I applied this week and they sent me the John Marshall paperwork and email, but I have not been accepted. . .is that normal?

I got the John Marshall Scholar thing and have not been accepted either.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 pm

NCtoDC wrote:

I applied this week and they sent me the John Marshall paperwork and email, but I have not been accepted. . .is that normal?

got it as in got the application or got accepted to the fellowship? pretty much everyone gets the application, they actually sent it over our entire pre-law listserv at my undergrad

JLR

Postby JLR » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Does an overnight USPS waiting at school necessarily mean an acceptance?

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

kjadkins wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:

got it as in got the application or got accepted to the fellowship? pretty much everyone gets the application, they actually sent it over our entire pre-law listserv at my undergrad

I just got the email telling me I was "invited" to apply for the scholarship. I have not received an acceptance from the school.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:28 pm

JLR wrote:Does an overnight USPS waiting at school necessarily mean an acceptance?

I have one too! Just got the email from the post office this morning. The emails don't say who they're from or anything, but I assumed it was a new acceptance because two of the schools I'm already in haven't sent packages large enough to not fit a PO Box yet (at least not to other TLSers) and my other only school has my parent's address. I thought it might be Cincinnati since apparently Gmail spam filters their acceptance emails and I haven't checked my spam folder in ages, I assumed it had auto-deleted before I got to it. But maybe it is Richmond. Guess I'll find out when I get back to school on Friday!

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 pm

NCtoDC wrote:

I just got the email telling me I was "invited" to apply for the scholarship. I have not received an acceptance from the school.

When does it say the application is due? The email I got said it was due January 4th, but if it really wasn't I might consider applying. I was going to wait to find out if I was accepted before I applied, I assumed they would have gotten back to me before then since I applied in November but apparently not.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”