In at Richmond - 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Iceman389

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Postby Iceman389 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Waitlisted today as well. My stats are quite low for Richmond (PM if interested) so I am pleased that I was not straight up rejected like my gut instinct told me would happen.

Flett

Postby Flett » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm

suspicious android wrote:
Flett wrote:Most of the schools I'm still considering have an ASD on April 1st and/or April 8th with deposits due from Aprith 15th to May 20th. I don't think it's too late to visit schools at all. I'm not a JMS, but if I were, I would be very afraid/worried of accepting without having the chance to visit and being forced to make such a huge decision in six days as opposed to fifteen (or w/e the dates were). Not everyone is 100% certain that Richmond is perfect for them.

They basically told me if they're not my #1 choice they weren't interested in waiting around for me to decide. So I guess they're willing to lose out on some applicants.

That actually explains a lot. Well, not the endless sea of postcards (recruit and recruit but won't extend a deadline?)... but still a lot. :wink:

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Officially withdrew this evening. 20k/yr for someone else...

scutarius

Postby scutarius » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Waitlisted today. Its nice to finally hear something, especially something other than an outright ding. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

haleydee

Postby haleydee » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 am

waitlisted today after hearing nothing for 5 months

161/3.2

solarae

Postby solarae » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:44 pm

oh yea, i forgot again that I actually applied to attend this school and didnt just apply for spam mail. did you all get a letter in the mail today or an email?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

waitlisted via snail mail yesterday. Sent an LOCI accepting the WL, but noted that after May 1, I'd withdraw without having heard a final decision..

nkra

Postby nkra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

girlonfire wrote:waitlisted via snail mail yesterday. Sent an LOCI accepting the WL, but noted that after May 1, I'd withdraw without having heard a final decision..

I also sent an email accepting my place on the wait list yesterday. Did you get any sort of confirmation back indicating they received anything? If you don't mind me asking. I didn't get an email back or anything.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:35 pm

nkra wrote:
girlonfire wrote:waitlisted via snail mail yesterday. Sent an LOCI accepting the WL, but noted that after May 1, I'd withdraw without having heard a final decision..

I also sent an email accepting my place on the wait list yesterday. Did you get any sort of confirmation back indicating they received anything? If you don't mind me asking. I didn't get an email back or anything.

I emailed them about staying on the waitlist, but got no confirmation. You are not alone.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm

crossarmant wrote:
nkra wrote:

I emailed them about staying on the waitlist, but got no confirmation. You are not alone.

I also sent an email to remain on the waitlist and did not hear anything back.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:47 pm

no confirmation for me either...

i spoke to someone this morning at their ad. office & she told me:

1) They do not know how many people are on their waitlist and wont until after april 15.
2) There ARE 2 WLs, one priority & one regular, and they both get reviewed at the same time (which makes no sense to me)
3) They usually start calling people from the WL on or right after April 15 & they use the WL right up until Orientation in August
4) Their WLs are NOT ranked

In my email, I included a date at which I'd no longer be willing to be held (May 1) and I included other schools I'd been accepted to & scholarship offers.

Hope this might answer some questions for those of us in WL hell.

erparr

Postby erparr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:53 pm

girlonfire wrote:no confirmation for me either...

1) They do not know how many people are on their waitlist and wont until after april 15.
2) There ARE 2 WLs, one priority & one regular, and they both get reviewed at the same time (which makes no sense to me)
3) They usually start calling people from the WL on or right after April 15 & they use the WL right up until Orientation in August

In my email, I included a date at which I'd no longer be willing to be held (May 1) and I included other schools I'd been accepted to & scholarship offers.

how do you know which waitlist you're on? do they tell you if you ask or did they send out 2 different waitlist letters?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:19 pm

erparr wrote:
girlonfire wrote:no confirmation for me either...

how do you know which waitlist you're on? do they tell you if you ask or did they send out 2 different waitlist letters?

If you're on the priority WL, they told you in the letter you received...

erparr

Postby erparr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:27 pm

haha wellll shoot. guess i'm not on that one then. i got the same letter someone mentioned above- "the Dean asked the Committee to carefully choose a limited number of highly qualified applicants for the Waiting List with the expectation with many of those chosen will be offered a place in the class" - but definitely no specific mention of the priority waiting list. thanks for the info.

jtkhsc

Postby jtkhsc » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Did anyone receive a letter that explicitly said priority?

emm

Postby emm » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:24 pm

my waitlist letter was the same as the one mentioned above
Last edited by emm on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

If It is your first choice, make it very clear to them. Visit, call, write, let them know.

ashrh01

Postby ashrh01 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Withdrew today. Good luck to everyone and hopefully my $15k/yr scholarship goes to someone who needs it.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 pm

I received the wl yesterday too. No mention of priority though.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 pm

My wl letter didn't say priority, either. But the woman I spoke to earlier said they would have specified in the letter...
I wonder if that's right tho, since it seems no one has had an email saying priority...

nkra

Postby nkra » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

I called admissions this afternoon and asked about the two wait list situation as well. The woman I talked to didn't really seem to have a whole lot of information about it. All that she said is that probably would have been indicated in the letter I received. I'm kind of hoping that there is some minor miscommunication in the Admissions Office and maybe they aren't running two wait lists this year, the key word being hoping.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:37 pm

aspire2more wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:Out of curiosity, how long did they give you to respond about the John Marshall Scholarship?

Until April 1 at the latest. I'm going to make my final decision after my trip to UVA next weekend and I'll call Dean Rahman on the 28th to let her know either way.

Aspire2more--Just wondering how your UVA visit went.

Is anyone else going to UR on Friday?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 pm

nkra wrote:I called admissions this afternoon and asked about the two wait list situation as well. The woman I talked to didn't really seem to have a whole lot of information about it. All that she said is that probably would have been indicated in the letter I received. I'm kind of hoping that there is some minor miscommunication in the Admissions Office and maybe they aren't running two wait lists this year, the key word being hoping.

+1.
I too got the vibe like she wasnt quite 100% on the wl info she was giving out. Especially cuz she said they review both wl simultaneously... I don't see the point of having 2 wls if u review them at the same time.. My thinking was that priority wl would get the first crack at post-deadline spots...

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Is anyone else still waiting on financial info? It's getting down to the wire and I'd like to be able to make a decision. I called and was told financial letters would be sent out on April 1st. That seems ridiculously late to me considering many other schools have an April 1st deposit date.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:05 pm

ausoccer19 wrote:Is anyone else still waiting on financial info? It's getting down to the wire and I'd like to be able to make a decision. I called and was told financial letters would be sent out on April 1st. That seems ridiculously late to me considering many other schools have an April 1st deposit date.

Did you call the financial aid office or admissions? I got my letter from financial aid last week.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”