In at Richmond - 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crysmissmichelle

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:37 am

Hope you guys have a great time at school next year!

GentlemanJim

Postby GentlemanJim » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am

Anyone else heard anything?

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Anyone else heard anything?

applied December 21st and I haven't heard a peep.

Mpeterson4

Postby Mpeterson4 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Yes, spoke with a representative today and got an Email. JM "alternate" and 20K/year

4turesquire

Postby 4turesquire » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I applied in October and I'm still waiting. I guess I should take this as a bad sign. I thought decisions were suppose to go out this week, but I forgot to ask if it would be arriving by email or snail mail.

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Richmond is a great school.

nkra

Postby nkra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm

4turesquire wrote:

I applied in October and I'm still waiting. I guess I should take this as a bad sign. I thought decisions were suppose to go out this week, but I forgot to ask if it would be arriving by email or snail mail.

I talked to an admissions representative on Monday, and was told the bulk of decisions are made during the third week in March. Since everything is done via snail mail I'm assuming/hoping a lot of us still waiting should get something during next week sometime. Was also told that I would definitely have a decision by the end of March, and I applied in December.

4turesquire

Postby 4turesquire » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:44 pm

nkra wrote:
4turesquire wrote:

I talked to an admissions representative on Monday, and was told the bulk of decisions are made during the third week in March. Since everything is done via snail mail I'm assuming/hoping a lot of us still waiting should get something during next week sometime. Was also told that I would definitely have a decision by the end of March, and I applied in December.

Thank you!

nkra

Postby nkra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 pm

4turesquire wrote:
nkra wrote:
4turesquire wrote:

Thank you!

No problem. Good luck! Hopefully we both don't get any bad news next week.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:12 pm

nkra wrote:
4turesquire wrote:

This is incorrect. Acceptances thus far have been via phone call.

bakkabennu

Postby bakkabennu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Applied late Dec. and have gotten zilch. Unless the letter is sitting in my mailbox at school (currently on spring break). My Lsat is on the border at 159, but my gpa, recommendations etc. are killer and I've been accepted to Washington and Lee which is theoretically a more difficult school. Richmond is probably my number one choice so I really hope they still have spots and I don't end up on the waitlist. Does "bulk of decisions in 3rd week of March" mean rejections or actually the bulk of decisions?

nkra

Postby nkra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 pm

bakkabennu wrote:Applied late Dec. and have gotten zilch. Unless the letter is sitting in my mailbox at school (currently on spring break). My Lsat is on the border at 159, but my gpa, recommendations etc. are killer and I've been accepted to Washington and Lee which is theoretically a more difficult school. Richmond is probably my number one choice so I really hope they still have spots and I don't end up on the waitlist. Does "bulk of decisions in 3rd week of March" mean rejections or actually the bulk of decisions?

That wasn't explained any further to me beyond "the bulk of decisions." However, simply in terms of numbers, obviously the bulk of Richmond's decisions are waitlists and rejections. I'm expecting to receive one or the other at this point. I looked at last years law school numbers and the vast majority of decisions made in mid-late March last year were waillists and rejections, with a couple acceptances sprinkled in.

hmmhaa77

Postby hmmhaa77 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:54 am

So March 17 has come and gone and I still haven't heard about scholarships. What is the deal?

bakkabennu

Postby bakkabennu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm

nkra wrote:
bakkabennu wrote:Applied late Dec. and have gotten zilch. Unless the letter is sitting in my mailbox at school (currently on spring break). My Lsat is on the border at 159, but my gpa, recommendations etc. are killer and I've been accepted to Washington and Lee which is theoretically a more difficult school. Richmond is probably my number one choice so I really hope they still have spots and I don't end up on the waitlist. Does "bulk of decisions in 3rd week of March" mean rejections or actually the bulk of decisions?

That wasn't explained any further to me beyond "the bulk of decisions." However, simply in terms of numbers, obviously the bulk of Richmond's decisions are waitlists and rejections. I'm expecting to receive one or the other at this point. I looked at last years law school numbers and the vast majority of decisions made in mid-late March last year were waillists and rejections, with a couple acceptances sprinkled in.

Ok thanks for the info! Got two more junks in the mail from them today but nothing else (one of which about the actual innocence clinic I have received 3 times!!!)

dt1708

Postby dt1708 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 pm

I plan on going to the open house on the 1st. Anyone else going?

Mpeterson4

Postby Mpeterson4 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:47 pm

dt1708 wrote:I plan on going to the open house on the 1st. Anyone else going?

Yep I will be at the open house that day as well!

GentlemanJim

Postby GentlemanJim » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 am

I finally heard back. Ended up calling them though. Very nice folks over in Admissions.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 am

I'll be there on the first too.

G-Jim--share the good news!

GentlemanJim

Postby GentlemanJim » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am

20/Alternate. Good stuff!

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 am

Congratulations!

bakkabennu

Postby bakkabennu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:49 pm

I e-mailed admissions this morning to ask if there was some hold on my file because they were taking so long. The Dean called me, but I was in class. Then I got her voicemail when I called back. The suspense is killing me, but I'm hoping this is a good sign and my name is just at the end of their call list because of the alphabet.

checks

Postby checks » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Just out of curiosity... For those of you JMS alternates, did you all receive direct text messages from Dean Rahman in addition to the "you are a finalist/alternate" e-mails? Also, anyone have any clue just how many alternates there are?

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:51 pm

It really seems like everyone who applied and didn't get it was notified they were an "alternate," so a lot.

Did anyone apply for the JMS and not get notified they were an "alternate?"

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:58 pm

For those of us still waiting on scholarship/financial info, I called today and was told financial info letters would be mailed out on April 1st. Sigh...

checks

Postby checks » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Oh gosh :(

Does that mean Rahman sent personalized text messages to every person who applied for the JMS but wasn't a first round pick? No wonder she's up until 11:30 doing this stuff...

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 pm

I didn't get a text message, but I did get a "finalist" email in addition to the alternate notification that came with the $20k scholarship.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”