In at Richmond - 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jthomas

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Postby jthomas » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Just thought I would give everyone the heads up. Spoke to Dean Rahman and was told scholarship information would be going out this coming week

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

jthomas wrote:Just thought I would give everyone the heads up. Spoke to Dean Rahman and was told scholarship information would be going out this coming week

YAY finally.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 pm

lol, Richmond just sent out an email update about "Scholarships and Changes to the Open Houses" and this was the first line:

We anticipate releasing scholarship offers on Thursday, May 17th.

Way to give me a momentary heart attack guys!

Oh, and Tim Kaine apparently canceled which disappoints me.
Last edited by crysmissmichelle on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:lol, Richmond just sent out an email update about "Scholarships and Changes to the Open Houses" and this was the first line:

crysmissmichelle wrote:NCtoDC

Post subject: Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Was this a typo and supposed to say March 17th or is the information coming out in May? If so, I am withdrawing today.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 pm

It has to be a typo, May 17 is not a Thursday, but this week, March 17 is.

Lol, unless you got offered the JM, in which case I will spend the next 24 hours convincing you it was not a typo, lol.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:It has to be a typo, May 17 is not a Thursday, but this week, March 17 is.

Lol, unless you got offered the JM, in which case I will spend the next 24 hours convincing you it was not a typo, lol.

I didn't check the calendar. And no, not offered the JM.

ps1187

Postby ps1187 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:lol, Richmond just sent out an email update about "Scholarships and Changes to the Open Houses" and this was the first line:

I read the email quickly and failed to notice the May/March mistake, but I see it now.

How much $$ would it take to seal the deal for you?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:01 pm

ps1187 wrote:

I read the email quickly and failed to notice the May/March mistake, but I see it now.

A lot, seeing as I am nearly dead set on UNC/CU at this point.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:02 pm

ps1187 wrote:

I'm not sure, but more than they're probably going to give :-(

I have a 2 year old and just cannot let myself go into too much more educational debt just so that I can have a dream. I have to start thinking of her education. I was really hoping for the JM, but I *think* I could if I got $25,000 a year. I think that they stop at $20,000 if you don't get the JM.

I'm either going to Richmond, or not going at all.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:20 pm

I really do love you Richmond :-)

In our previous email, we stated we were releasing our scholarship offers on Thursday, May 17th. We are so sorry … of course the date we meant was March the 17th.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm now wondering if I will be admitted to Richmond. I thought my numbers were solid for admission (and $$ to be honest) but it's mid-March, scholarships are going out in 3 days, and nada. With the options I have right now, it would probably take a good scholarship for Richmond to be a contender, but I'm still :(

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:30 pm

snapdragon wrote:I'm now wondering if I will be admitted to Richmond. I thought my numbers were solid for admission (and $$ to be honest) but it's mid-March, scholarships are going out in 3 days, and nada. With the options I have right now, it would probably take a good scholarship for Richmond to be a contender, but I'm still :(

Have you contacted them? Have you visited?

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:39 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:
snapdragon wrote:I'm now wondering if I will be admitted to Richmond. I thought my numbers were solid for admission (and $$ to be honest) but it's mid-March, scholarships are going out in 3 days, and nada. With the options I have right now, it would probably take a good scholarship for Richmond to be a contender, but I'm still :(

I've contacted them, unfortunately I have not been able to visit - I live pretty far away and work full time.

It's OK, it's just a bit odd. Maybe there was something about me that they didn't particularly care for.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 pm

snapdragon wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:

I've contacted them, unfortunately I have not been able to visit - I live pretty far away and work full time.

It's OK, it's just a bit odd. Maybe there was something about me that they didn't particularly care for.

It probably wasn't that. They may have sensed, from something else in the application (location/PS/other schools you applied to/high lsat) that you weren't that intersted or applied as a safety. Who knows? Maybe you'll get your acceptance soon.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:55 pm

snapdragon wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:

Its because you are a yankee ;-)

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:02 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:

Its because you are a yankee ;-)

They can smell it on my emails!! Oh noes!

My mom thinks it's because I visited and interviewed at UR for undergrad and then didn't even apply. She thinks they feel slighted.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:07 pm

snapdragon wrote:They can smell it on my emails!! Oh noes!

My mom thinks it's because I visited and interviewed at UR for undergrad and then didn't even apply. She thinks they feel slighted.

I doubt they even know that about you, unless you told them, lol. Don't worry anyway....we have Wake (they won't be able to top their scholly offer) :-)

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm

NCtoDC wrote:

I doubt they even know that about you, unless you told them, lol. Don't worry anyway....we have Wake (they won't be able to top their scholly offer) :-)

In the worst "Why Richmond" essay ever..

"So, like I visited you for undergrad, but I got scared because everyone wore sundresses and guys tucked their polos into their khakis, and I always sort of wanted to date Jared Leto which would SO NOT HAPPEN there because no guys even WORE jeans, so I went an equally preppy New England college where I also didn't meet Jared Leto and now I'd like a re-do."

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 pm

snapdragon wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:

In the worst "Why Richmond" essay ever..

"So, like I visited you for undergrad, but I got scared because everyone wore sundresses and guys tucked their polos into their khakis, and I always sort of wanted to date Jared Leto which would SO NOT HAPPEN there because no guys even WORE jeans, so I went an equally preppy New England college where I also didn't meet Jared Leto and now I'd like a re-do."

lmfao!

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Richmond up to #67 in the rankings! Though this really doesn't have much--if any--real impact on anything, it makes me feel better.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 am

ausoccer19 wrote:Richmond up to #67 in the rankings! Though this really doesn't have much--if any--real impact on anything, it makes me feel better.

Wow, isn't that the highest they've ever been?

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

I believe so. They've been in the 70's and 80's since I've been paying attention, which is roughly hte last 5 years. I'd like to know the reasons for the jump--hopefully it's linked to improved employment stats :D

dibs

Postby dibs » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:22 pm

2011: 67
2010: 86
2009: 77
2008: 68

we're exactly where we were 3 years ago. the drop is probably attributable to a mass exodus of professors due to a certain dean twice removed (that's the rumour, at least).

faculty seems pretty happy about the bump, today. i'd suspect the upward trend continues.

also, what's with 0L's sitting in on every single con-law class i have? -_-

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 pm

dibs wrote:
also, what's with 0L's sitting in on every single con-law class i have? -_-

lol, everybody wants in.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I mean, I went to contracts instead of con law... but it was a great class!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”