In at Richmond - 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
solarae

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Postby solarae » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 am

I emailed inquiring about my application status given the amount of mail I was receiving and got the below reply.

I would not say that we are necessarily destined for dings, but that we are definitely not destined for money at Richmond.

----
Your application is ready for review. Our Admissions Committee does not meet until the beginning of March so we have a few weeks until decisions are released.

I hope you are finding the mailings we send out helpful and that they provide you with additional insight on programs that are available. These mailings are mailed to all our applicants to make them more aware of University of Richmond School of Law.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Best,

Judy Meyer

Law Admissions Office
Last edited by solarae on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 am

solarae wrote:Our Admissions Committee does not meet until the beginning of March so we have a few weeks until decisions are released.

I love how they still pretend this is true, even though it's obviously not.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am

I applied last night, kinda late in the cycle, but I could potentially live in Richmond for free, and I saw that they sometimes give out large scholarships.

But-- What's up with their application fee? It said $35, but then it wouldn't let me pay it, that I'd have to mail in a check. WTF? Is this 1998?

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 am

kjadkins wrote:
solarae wrote:Our Admissions Committee does not meet until the beginning of March so we have a few weeks until decisions are released.

I love how they still pretend this is true, even though it's obviously not.
I actually just withdrew yesterday, but I had asked Mrs. Meyer weeks ago why she claimed they didn't meet until March, yet I know people have been getting in. She told me: "Our Admission Committee does not meet until March and we try to have all our decisions released around the third week of March. Some of the more competitive candidates may hear a bit sooner but the vast majority of our decisions are not released until the end of March."

Kainmacbeth

Postby Kainmacbeth » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Accepted 1/29- Phone Call. 9:00pm-ish

aspire2more

Postby aspire2more » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi there! I also got accepted at Richmond via phone call. If anyone else that has been admitted is either committed to going or seriously considering it, feel free to message me.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:21 pm

I am seriously considering Richmond. The ASW information came this week and I'm sure you'll get it in the next few days, April 1 and April 8 are the available dates (If memory serves correctly. . .) and Tim Kaine will be doing doing one of the speeches and there will be a lunch/apt fair and another professor doing the morning speech. . .Career services will be presneting too.

My decision is going to be based on scholarship money. . . if they come through with their estimate, I'll be able to go to law school :)

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:33 pm

I have to post about the sheer amount of mail I am getting from UR. I see others have run into this too. I thought it might have just been me b/c I went there for undergrad but it doesn't look like it. I found humor in it until I got an acceptance size envelope tonight, got excited, and then it just had more info advertising the school. Its getting really old. Just accept or reject me already.

Yes, I created my username today JUST to complain about this. And no, I'm not the treehugging type worried about killing trees, just care about the highs and lows my blood pressure is experiencing as a result

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

aknecht wrote:I have to post about the sheer amount of mail I am getting from UR. I see others have run into this too. I thought it might have just been me b/c I went there for undergrad but it doesn't look like it. I found humor in it until I got an acceptance size envelope tonight, got excited, and then it just had more info advertising the school. Its getting really old. Just accept or reject me already.

Yes, I created my username today JUST to complain about this. And no, I'm not the treehugging type worried about killing trees, just care about the highs and lows my blood pressure is experiencing as a result

Same with me! I feel like I get something from them every week! I am obviously interested if I applied, they don't have to try to convince me.

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm

flgator10 wrote:
aknecht wrote:I have to post about the sheer amount of mail I am getting from UR. I see others have run into this too. I thought it might have just been me b/c I went there for undergrad but it doesn't look like it. I found humor in it until I got an acceptance size envelope tonight, got excited, and then it just had more info advertising the school. Its getting really old. Just accept or reject me already.

Same with me! I feel like I get something from them every week! I am obviously interested if I applied, they don't have to try to convince me.

EXACTLY what my gf said, "you applied for a reason, they don't need to sell you anymore." I'm averaging 2-3 mailings/week

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm

BTW did I miss the part about them sending out an email casually saying "you're in" and then rescinding it? that was a bad day.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 pm

aknecht wrote:BTW did I miss the part about them sending out an email casually saying "you're in" and then rescinding it? that was a bad day.

Yep, I got that one about two weeks after I applied so I knew something about it didn't seem right. However, I didn't think it would take this long for a decision. Maybe they should spend less time filling up our mail boxes with useless information and more time reviewing applications.

solarae

Postby solarae » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 pm

i bet they will keep sending the junk even after i get rejected and i will burn them!! burn them!!!

Bless

Postby Bless » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

I really don't understand all the bickering about the Richmond mail? Are you guys seriously bothered by it? It should be a good thing. The school is providing you with interesting information, pictures, and resources in regard to the school. And if you don't want it, it's just another piece of paper to throw our (or recycle). Man, so much unnecessary bitching :roll:, but good luck everybody.

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Bless wrote:I really don't understand all the bickering about the Richmond mail? Are you guys seriously bothered by it? It should be a good thing. The school is providing you with interesting information, pictures, and resources in regard to the school. And if you don't want it, it's just another piece of paper to throw our (or recycle). Man, so much unnecessary bitching :roll:, but good luck everybody.

honestly, its a very small problem and I just wanted to bitch about something. I wish I had a more substantive post like "OH I GOT ACCEPTED!" but, sadly, I have no such info to report.

Although when I did get a full size envelope that looked like an acceptance package but was more advertising on the school, I was actually quite peeved then.

Bless

Postby Bless » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 pm

LOL. Cool. My comment wasn't directed at you; everyone has been complaining. Good luck!

Kainmacbeth

Postby Kainmacbeth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Bless wrote:I really don't understand all the bickering about the Richmond mail? Are you guys seriously bothered by it? It should be a good thing. The school is providing you with interesting information, pictures, and resources in regard to the school. And if you don't want it, it's just another piece of paper to throw our (or recycle). Man, so much unnecessary bitching :roll:, but good luck everybody.

I don't mind the mail, but I do wish they had saved that "3 letter a week" money for more scholarship funds.

solarae

Postby solarae » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:55 pm

to answer your question, i'm now so sick of their logo that the mass amounts of mail is doing the opposite of whatever they intended. i'm not learning anything that isn't on their website. it's all coming to two addresses as well. so yea i feel legitimate. and the complaining probably would have ended if you hadn't brought it back up. =P

aknecht

Postby aknecht » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:17 pm

more mail today! has been three days since the last mailing. Its comical @ this point.

rubaiyatsongs

Postby rubaiyatsongs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

aknecht wrote:more mail today! has been three days since the last mailing. Its comical @ this point.

Seriously. I'm withdrawing soon, so I hope my spot and $$ go to someone here who really wants it ... and that I stop getting mail from them.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

rubaiyatsongs wrote:
aknecht wrote:more mail today! has been three days since the last mailing. Its comical @ this point.

Seriously. I'm withdrawing soon, so I hope my spot and $$ go to someone here who really wants it ... and that I stop getting mail from them.

How did you find out about money? I haven't received anything.

Bless

Postby Bless » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Kainmacbeth wrote:

I don't mind the mail, but I do wish they had saved that "3 letter a week" money for more scholarship funds.

Ha. The total savings would amount to a $100 scholarship.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Richmond is definitly making me want to go there less and less everyday. The mailings are such a waste. They have a few lines on a little post card and that is it.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:33 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:Richmond is definitly making me want to go there less and less everyday. The mailings are such a waste. They have a few lines on a little post card and that is it.

Seriously. That's what bugs me the most about them. W&L sends a bunch of mailings, but they only go to admitted students, and all of them have some substance to them. One of the U of R postcards just has a list of their dual degree programs on it, and another one literally has four sentences asking you to visit. I've gotten 12 mailings from them, including the acceptance-sized envelope (fake-out part 2). There's a fine line between keeping someone interested and bugging the crap out of them. I'd rather they not waste the paper and save a tree or two.

Bless

Postby Bless » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I guess I'm still not seeing the logic. OK, so the mailings are annoying (also still finding it bizarre that people are getting annoyed at an additional piece of paper in the mail). But that dissuades you from attending the school? LMAO. Sounds pretty spiteful and irrational if you ask me. I don't get it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”