In at Richmond - 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Post by crysmissmichelle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Have you stalked the admissions office yet? It helps.

sbundrum

New

Post by sbundrum » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

168/3.25

Foxkid1

New

Post by Foxkid1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:20 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:Have you stalked the admissions office yet? It helps.
Haha, yes. I am currently navigating the precarious line between persistent and annoying. :wink: Thanks for posting your stats sbundrum. Did you apply late or something? I would think those numbers would have earned you an outright acceptance?

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Foxkid1 wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:Have you stalked the admissions office yet? It helps.
Haha, yes. I am currently navigating the precarious line between persistent and annoying. :wink: Thanks for posting your stats sbundrum. Did you apply late or something? I would think those numbers would have earned you an outright acceptance?
second that.

sbundrum

New

Post by sbundrum » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Sent March 1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Foxkid1

New

Post by Foxkid1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 am

AXObuckeye wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:Just received a call from Dean Rahman about pulling 3 waitlisted students off and I was one of them! She told me to give her my decision by Wednesday. Hmmmm
She must've called you right after I got off the phone with her lol. I was told the same thing, but I haven't visited so I'm going this weekend and they're giving me until Friday to decide. Thank goodness for that, they were so nice and helpful over the phone.
So did you make it to campus to check things out?

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:28 pm

withdrawing from the super priority wait list, or whatever it's called - best of luck to those still waiting.

Jehu

New

Post by Jehu » Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

edit
Last edited by Jehu on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Wed May 11, 2011 6:02 am

Ha! He is indeed. Sat in on his contracts course when I went and his constant dressing-downs were pretty amusing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:28 pm

I want to do you UR 0Ls a favor.

I currently live in Richmond and I'm headed to law school elsewhere this fall, so I have been dropping by the UR law library on weekends to read through their comprehensive collection of the Law School Confidential and Getting To Maybe type books. Those books are located on the second floor of the library.

Also on the second floor is an elevator. Near the elevator is an emergency exit door, and in front of the emergency exit door is a mat. You might want to look through the window in this door to see what is on the other side, and to do so, you may need to step on the mat in front of the door.

DO NOT STEP ON THIS MAT. It is weight sensitive and the alarm goes off when you step on it. It will give you a damn heart attack and embarrass you a lot, because everyone will know that you're the one that set off the alarm in the library.

Here is a picture of the door and mat in question:

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:54 pm

OMG Bumi that is awful, and hilarious!

ttf1867

New

Post by ttf1867 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey all, just wanted to give the update that I withdrew from Richmond today. It's a great school, and I hope I've opened up a spot for someone on the wait list who has their heart set on it :D

Champion of the Sun

New

Post by Champion of the Sun » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

ttf1867 wrote:Hey all, just wanted to give the update that I withdrew from Richmond today. It's a great school, and I hope I've opened up a spot for someone on the wait list who has their heart set on it :D
I would be that person who has their heart set on Richmond but with both my numbers being below their medians I think its highly unlikely. Its a wonder that I even got waitlisted at all.

Good luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mayesme

New

Post by mayesme » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 am

Just got in off the waitlist yesterday and couldn't be happier! Hopefully this means that its still moving even now to everyone else who's still waiting for the call :)

Sentience

New

Post by Sentience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:38 am

Any waitlisters still out there? Any one on the "very special priority wait list" still baffled? :roll:

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 am

Have you been contacting them regularly?

Sentience

New

Post by Sentience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 am

Yes. I have not allowed more than a month go by since applying without some sort of contact. I don't want to be too pushy but I am starting to get a bit worried. I am living near the school for the time being and wonder if I should just 'drop in'? I just don't really know what to say--I've made it clear that upon hearing good news I will guarantee matriculation. Submitted an LOCI in June. Visited the campus early this year but unfortunately did not meet Dean Rahman (though we have corresponded since).

Any suggestions would be great. I thought my softs were pretty good and was pleased with the optimism of the wait list letter. Melt! Melt!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tscott2485

New

Post by tscott2485 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Yup, still wait listed here. I've been sending them letters and I also visited as well. I don't know what else to do at this point! Good luck to all those still wait listed....I am dying to go here as well.

laurenb

New

Post by laurenb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 pm

How/When did you receive notification of the "Priority Wait List"?

Sentience

New

Post by Sentience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:31 pm

In March via snail mail. This forum topic has a few posts regarding the "very special priority waiting list" if you sift through the current page and one or two previously. It remains curious how many folks were put on this list and how many are off it, and also if it even matters, considering some TSLers were told when they call admissions that they review all waitlisted apps... begs the question why have a priority wait list. Appears we're all in it together for the long haul :?

Foxkid1

New

Post by Foxkid1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Hey all,

In off the waitlist in early July. :D So excited. To all of you still stuck in WL HELL, keep your chin up. If this cycle is like any other (including last year)...people were still being offered seats until a week before classes started. Though this may not be ideal, a seat is a seat at this point. As a local Richmonder' and fellow waitlistee, I can offer one piece of advice. Through all of my interactions with Dean Rahman, and all of the admissions staff for that matter, the best course of action is to level with them. Dean Rahman is a straight shooter and doesnt like to blow smoke. Tell them why you deserve to be a part of the class of 2014 and how the class would benefit from your inclusion. Also, an alumni phone call or last minute LOR is always helpful. Apologies if my advice is trivial, it is simply what worked for me. Good luck everyone and don't stop fighting yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mayesme

New

Post by mayesme » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

Just to further what Foxkid1 said, I got off july 10th and from what I got told basically they are done adding to the class. However they want to keep the set incoming class number that they have so if anyone drops for whatever reason they are going straight to the waitlist to fill that spot. Unfortunately this does mean that they are going to try to match whoever drop with the closest profile on the waitlist but they do really appreciate it if people level with them and tell them any situation that causes richmond to be the best choice for all around. As well as go ahead and say the reason why you will benefit the class, I know that it really helped in my case to not only explain why richmond was a first choice but also add what I can bring to the table that is unique. Some of it is luck but anything extra like that could make you the first call if a spot opens up. I wish all the luck to anyone still waiting cause I do know how that feels.

notlearnedhand

New

Post by notlearnedhand » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:50 am

Hi all! I did very well at Richmond during 1L. I'm willing to answer any reasonable questions about UR via PM.

Sentience

New

Post by Sentience » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Just got off the phone with admissions office. Admission from wait list is now closed. That's that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”