In at Richmond - 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crossarmant

Silver

Re: In at Richmond - 2014

Post by crossarmant » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

girlonfire wrote::lol: the messed up thing is that I DO really wanna work in Richmond. Right now I'm trying to research how WFU places there...

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I got a call from the dean last night, and i was jumping for joy. It was really fast. I hope you other WLers see movement soon.
I have to reply with an answer by 4/15.
Richmond is a great little city. Well, the right areas of Richmond are great. However, you'd be pretty crazy to pass up the kind of money you're getting from Wake Forest to attend U of R at sticker. Just my two cents.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

crossarmant wrote:
girlonfire wrote::lol: the messed up thing is that I DO really wanna work in Richmond. Right now I'm trying to research how WFU places there...

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I got a call from the dean last night, and i was jumping for joy. It was really fast. I hope you other WLers see movement soon.
Richmond is a great little city. Well, the right areas of Richmond are great. However, you'd be pretty crazy to pass up the kind of money you're getting from Wake Forest to attend U of R at sticker. Just my two cents.
this is my feeling too... but it's still a tough choice to make :?

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm

That is a tough decision. I've never visited Wake, but I LOVE Richmond and the value of being placed in the internships they have access to by virtue of being IN Richmond are just amazing. The Career services lady told us last week that EVERYONE who wants to be placed in Richmond Courts get placed at some point in their tenure at Richmond. She actually said they sometimes have more postitions than they can fill!

Are you going to the Open House tomorrow? That is their second one. . .

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:That is a tough decision. I've never visited Wake, but I LOVE Richmond and the value of being placed in the internships they have access to by virtue of being IN Richmond are just amazing. The Career services lady told us last week that EVERYONE who wants to be placed in Richmond Courts get placed at some point in their tenure at Richmond. She actually said they sometimes have more postitions than they can fill!

Are you going to the Open House tomorrow? That is their second one. . .
unfortunately I wouldn't be able to go tomorrow. My work schedule is just not havin it... I might make it down later in the weekend tho...
thats amazing about the career services..

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

You would not believe how personal everything is there. It is absolutely wonderful and career services is no different. You should hear some of the student stories about being "found" by a professor they don't even know to receive tips on interviewing with people/companies/judges they know personally. The alumni network is also apparently amazing.

I think a lot of it has to do with how small the class itself is, but it also seems to kind of be their mission.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 pm

girlonfire wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
girlonfire wrote:I'm off the WL with an acceptance, which is what I've been hoping for, but now I don't know wtf to do :?
I can't believe you would even consider leaving us awesome ppl at Wake. Seriously though unless you want to practice in Richmond, you should definitely go with Wake.
:lol: the messed up thing is that I DO really wanna work in Richmond. Right now I'm trying to research how WFU places there...

Gosh this is a tough call. I have to say I think you would be nuts to pay sticker at Richmond. Wake should give you the credentials to get a job in Richmond. Ijust don't think the debt is worth the risk. I know the data from USNWR is looked down on on TLS but it still paints a good enough picture to see the differences in schools. Have you checked the graphs in the sticky note?

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:55 pm

NCtoDC wrote: Gosh this is a tough call. I have to say I think you would be nuts to pay sticker at Richmond. Wake should give you the credentials to get a job in Richmond. Ijust don't think the debt is worth the risk. I know the data from USNWR is looked down on on TLS but it still paints a good enough picture to see the differences in schools. Have you checked the graphs in the sticky note?
been at work alllllllllll day with no way to research anything! please send link :lol:

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

girlonfire wrote:
NCtoDC wrote: Gosh this is a tough call. I have to say I think you would be nuts to pay sticker at Richmond. Wake should give you the credentials to get a job in Richmond. Ijust don't think the debt is worth the risk. I know the data from USNWR is looked down on on TLS but it still paints a good enough picture to see the differences in schools. Have you checked the graphs in the sticky note?
been at work alllllllllll day with no way to research anything! please send link :lol:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=150681

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
girlonfire wrote:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=150681
<3 X 1000000

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hmmhaa77

New

Post by hmmhaa77 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 am

Deposit is going in the mail today.

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:52 am

hmmhaa77 wrote:Deposit is going in the mail today.
+ 1

Is anybody else having panick-y feelings about post graduation debt?

Kainmacbeth

New

Post by Kainmacbeth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 am

crysmissmichelle wrote:
+ 1

Handed in my deposit as well. I definitely had my "OMG DEBT!" panic period. After speaking with a lot of lawyers with loan payments each month, I decided that it was manageable.

ausoccer19

New

Post by ausoccer19 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

I'll be sending in my deposit in a day or two. I loved the open house on Friday and can't wait to get started, but then the idea of thousands in debt re-emerges. Should be manageable though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Kainmacbeth wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:
+ 1

Handed in my deposit as well. I definitely had my "OMG DEBT!" panic period. After speaking with a lot of lawyers with loan payments each month, I decided that it was manageable.
I don't have any lawyerly friends to ask :( All of mine are finishing up or are in the "grace period!"

hmmhaa77

New

Post by hmmhaa77 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Just everyone remember, this came off the email they sent last week.

"Deposits are required to be in on our office (not postmarked) by April 15th."

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I live in Richmond, lol, the mail here is good, been known to mail something in the morning and it be delivered in Fredericksburg (few towns over) same day!

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:05 pm

So I got dinged by Richmond on Tuesday, and what do I find in my mailbox today? Two spam mailings from Richmond! Both talking about how great the school is. (I've never received any communication from them except for the complete e-mail and the ding) I know it's a great school, that's why I applied. These people really know how to rub it in.

/rant

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:09 pm

withdrew today :cry:

i hope i made the right choice...

GL everyone

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:18 pm

sterl1002 wrote:So I got dinged by Richmond on Tuesday, and what do I find in my mailbox today? Two spam mailings from Richmond! Both talking about how great the school is. (I've never received any communication from them except for the complete e-mail and the ding) I know it's a great school, that's why I applied. These people really know how to rub it in.

/rant
It's okay, the day right after I got waitlisted I got more stuff as to why I should apply... I think all totaled I've gotten like 8 mailings from them.

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 pm

crossarmant wrote:
sterl1002 wrote:So I got dinged by Richmond on Tuesday, and what do I find in my mailbox today? Two spam mailings from Richmond! Both talking about how great the school is. (I've never received any communication from them except for the complete e-mail and the ding) I know it's a great school, that's why I applied. These people really know how to rub it in.

/rant
It's okay, the day right after I got waitlisted I got more stuff as to why I should apply... I think all totaled I've gotten like 8 mailings from them.
Yeah, I just needed to vent. I have a pile of waitlists and rejections and so far no acceptances this cycle. I was hoping to hear something from the schools I'm waiting on today and the only thing I find in my mailbox is stuff from Richmond and it kind of set me off lol

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:55 pm

girlonfire wrote:withdrew today :cry:

i hope i made the right choice...

GL everyone
YOU DID

:-)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Just received a call from Dean Rahman about pulling 3 waitlisted students off and I was one of them! She told me to give her my decision by Wednesday. Hmmmm

AXObuckeye

New

Post by AXObuckeye » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Just received a call from Dean Rahman about pulling 3 waitlisted students off and I was one of them! She told me to give her my decision by Wednesday. Hmmmm
She must've called you right after I got off the phone with her lol. I was told the same thing, but I haven't visited so I'm going this weekend and they're giving me until Friday to decide. Thank goodness for that, they were so nice and helpful over the phone.

sbundrum

New

Post by sbundrum » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:48 am

I was the third :P

Foxkid1

New

Post by Foxkid1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:49 am

Hi all!

I am a terrible lurker and have been stalking this thread since page 1. Congrats to all of you that have been accepted, those of you waitlisted, and to those who have decided against U of R.

I have been waitlisted like a lot of you and Richmond is my top choice as I am local. Any of the people accepted from the waitlist thus far willing to share stats? Trying to forecast my future....a pm is fine. Of course I assume that some of you are the same people "waitlisted then accepted" from LSN but I still wanted to ask

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”