Family/ Mother scholarships

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OmbreGracieuse

Family/ Mother scholarships

Postby OmbreGracieuse » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

So, this might target the women a little more then the men, but do any of you know which schools typically offer scholarship money to mothers? What about schools that are a little more lenient to splitters that are moms?

I am working, and my husband stays at home so we are a little concerned about finances during the law school process. I tried to Google it, but didn't really find anything relevant. I am hoping to land a cost of living stipend if possible, to help supplement the loss of income we'll be facing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

r6_philly

Re: Family/ Mother scholarships

Postby r6_philly » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm

I know there were a couple of inspiring Ann Bryce recipients at NYU last cycle. You will have to go through all your target school's website and look at their specific scholarship programs. That way you can be sure you didn't miss anything. TLS might give you pointers but ultimately you want to do your own research on specific programs.

thesybarite

Postby thesybarite » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 am

I'm interested in this too. I'll look into NYU - thanks R6

Also OmbreGracieuse (parlez-vous francais aussi?), I think schools that give need based money would be good in your case. I don't know much about them, but I know Harvard does... A long shot for most of us however.

I'd be happy to pm and exchange war stories stories sometime - I often wonder if there are many in this position :D

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:54 am

what about scholly's for dads?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 am

I don't think too many scholarships offered by schools are gender specific. There are however outside scholarships that are. You can visit your target school's FinAid websites and look for links to outside scholarships.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”