USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby JenDarby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:55 pm

For places with a generally slow turn around I take complete and in review to be about equal. If these schools aren't rushing to make decisions, I doubt their rushing to update out statuses to a different, but equally unhelpful, status.

LegallyBrunette3
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby LegallyBrunette3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm

DF on 1/14/11. Ahhhh so nervous!

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:26 pm

LegallyBrunette3 wrote:DF on 1/14/11. Ahhhh so nervous!


stats??

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am

Has anyone that received a Rothman invite (but did not send in an essay) go to DF yet?

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Has anyone that received a Rothman invite (but did not send in an essay) go to DF yet?


Yeah, and some others did too I'm pretty sure.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:50 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Has anyone that received a Rothman invite (but did not send in an essay) go to DF yet?


Yeah, and some others did too I'm pretty sure.


Interesting, I figured they would wait until the 21st to see who submitted essays. I've been IR since early December, I guess I don't need to worry about not sending in a Rothman essay.

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RTFM » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Has anyone that received a Rothman invite (but did not send in an essay) go to DF yet?


Yeah, and some others did too I'm pretty sure.


I didn't send in the essay and I've already gotten my decision.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm

RTFM wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Has anyone that received a Rothman invite (but did not send in an essay) go to DF yet?


Yeah, and some others did too I'm pretty sure.


I didn't send in the essay and I've already gotten my decision.


Has anyone received a scholarship yet?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Has anyone received a scholarship yet?


Nope.

lhlee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lhlee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 pm

LegallyBrunette3 wrote:DF on 1/14/11. Ahhhh so nervous!


me too!

but looking at my stats...lets just hope they don't bunch up their acceptances/rejects for your sake..

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Lasers » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

looks increasingly like the 1/14 DF = WL or rejected.

depressing, 'cause i really want to go to usc.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 am

DF 1/14-ers: Were your last UR/IR dates 1/1 - 1/7 and the like? Or were some of your last UR/IR dates from Dec?

Thanks.

lhlee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lhlee » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

JJDancer wrote:DF 1/14-ers: Were your last UR/IR dates 1/1 - 1/7 and the like? Or were some of your last UR/IR dates from Dec?

Thanks.


1/1

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 am

this may sound stupid, wat does df mean....lol :shock:

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 am

pimpsdontcry wrote:this may sound stupid, wat does df mean....lol :shock:

decision finalized.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 am

thanks for the clear up :)

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:54 am

Yeah DF 1/14... I am pretty sure it's a ding. I was way over-reaching with that due to my LSA (<25th) and no hope that my GPA (>75th) will help.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:57 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Yeah DF 1/14... I am pretty sure it's a ding. I was way over-reaching with that due to my LSA (<25th) and no hope that my GPA (>75th) will help.


Come on be positive!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 am

r6_philly wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Yeah DF 1/14... I am pretty sure it's a ding. I was way over-reaching with that due to my LSA (<25th) and no hope that my GPA (>75th) will help.


Come on be positive!


No chance, r6. Ding @ Penn, WL @ UIUC... my GPA and softs aren't doing squat for me this cycle at all. Probably going to rot on the UCLA WL too. Not really being negative on purpose just being realistic.

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby dpk711 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:18 am

So I'm 3.52/172 (first try) with interesting softs and a former Trojan (undergrad). I turned in app 11/01, my status checker says "in review" since 12/14 and kinda getting nervous since everyone is hearing back now. Am I worrying too much?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 am

dpk711 wrote:So I'm 3.52/172 (first try) with interesting softs and a former Trojan (undergrad). I turned in app 11/01, my status checker says "in review" since 12/14 and kinda getting nervous since everyone is hearing back now. Am I worrying too much?


I am still IR 11/22 if it eases your mind.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:No chance, r6. Ding @ Penn, WL @ UIUC... my GPA and softs aren't doing squat for me this cycle at all. Probably going to rot on the UCLA WL too. Not really being negative on purpose just being realistic.


Sorry :( But you have to believe that it will work out for good. This is only an intermediate step, I am sure you will succeed no matter what the schools say.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 am

r6_philly wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:No chance, r6. Ding @ Penn, WL @ UIUC... my GPA and softs aren't doing squat for me this cycle at all. Probably going to rot on the UCLA WL too. Not really being negative on purpose just being realistic.


Sorry :( But you have to believe that it will work out for good. This is only an intermediate step, I am sure you will succeed no matter what the schools say.


Hey, I'm OK with Hastings if that's what happens. It's right where I want to practice, has a great PICAP (LRAP) since I want to do PI work anyway, and they give out a pretty nice chunk of need-based aid every year. /shrug. I'd like to hang my hat on a sexy t14-20 but it's going to come down to regionality. I'm going to be paying sticker everywhere, so I might as well pay sticker (less grants, MGIB, etc) at a school in the place I want to practice right? UCLA is my only exception (for CA) because they have the best YRP matching in the country (Full tuition). And, of course, a shot at the amazing Epstein Program. /drool.

OFC if you listen to the TLS pundits, I am going to be broke and destitute b/c I went to UCH.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:OFC if you listen to the TLS pundits, I am going to be broke and destitute b/c I went to UCH.


I listen, but it doesn't blindly manipulate my opinions. T14 isn't all that sexy ... if UT gave me a full ride I will consider taking it over any T14. Hell, I decided that Temple with in-state tuition (and maybe part-time) was going to get me where I want to go when I started this law school odyssey, so I don't see how it has changed just because I got a few more questions right on the LSAT. If you believe you will be fine, you will be.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 am

r6_philly wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:OFC if you listen to the TLS pundits, I am going to be broke and destitute b/c I went to UCH.


I listen, but it doesn't blindly manipulate my opinions. T14 isn't all that sexy ... if UT gave me a full ride I will consider taking it over any T14. Hell, I decided that Temple with in-state tuition (and maybe part-time) was going to get me where I want to go when I started this law school odyssey, so I don't see how it has changed just because I got a few more questions right on the LSAT. If you believe you will be fine, you will be.


Would you say bolded if I was looking at a TTT/TTTT? When does that anecdote stop working?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ellielaw, musiclover123, Smc1994, TudoBem, wild11cat and 23 guests