USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Still IR 11/22 at/above both medians. Got an email from USC today that I thought would be an update or address confirmation or something, but it was just a reminder to send in my Rothman application.


yeah me too. how about we send a reminder to USC to do something with our applications!!!!!!!! :evil:

williams55
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby williams55 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Got the letter today on the sunny central California coast!

edit for stats: LSAT at 75, GPA above.
Last edited by williams55 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm

williams55 wrote:Got the letter today on the sunny central California coast!


Congrats! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm

williams55 wrote:Got the letter today on the sunny central California coast!



Congrats! Stats?

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Finally complete after my December LSAT! 3.69/166.

I jumped from a 158 to that 166, and although I've sent a LSAT addendum, the USC website says they look at all scores...think that 158 hurts me significantly?

Good luck to everyone getting their letters already. Hope to join y'all soon.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Complete 12/12 ---> In Review 1/7 :?

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RTFM » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

DF 1/03 and I got the letter today in the Southwest :D

Numbers around both 75ths.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby smokeylarue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Congrats! At least we know the mails moving.... Seems like the 3 or 4 people who got letters in this thread were all DF 1/03. Any early December DFers get their letters yet?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby zworykin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Also DF 1/3, also in the Southwest. :)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Congrats! At least we know the mails moving.... Seems like the 3 or 4 people who got letters in this thread were all DF 1/03. Any early December DFers get their letters yet?

"mah" was a 12/3 DF that got the letter yest I think.

I just got an invitation to apply for Rothman reminder email but I never received a packet inviting me to apply so this is the first I'm hearing of this... 2 weeks to apply hmm. I haven't invented anything or run a business lol - should I apply?

User avatar
rm61
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby rm61 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 pm

DF 12/08, I just received the letter today over on the East Coast. In!! :)

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jd20132013 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I submitted on the 23rd of November, was pending this December's score...went complete literally 2 hours after LSAT scores came in on Thursday.

Hopefully that means they'd already taken a look at it? Not sure if that could be drawn but :/

Would like to get some decisions coming in lol

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Kiwi917 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Anyone else stuck on UR around 11/20?

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:Anyone else stuck on UR around 11/20?



+1
UR since 11/20

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Rothman invite.
Mailed: 1/5
Email: 1/7
Received snail mail: 1/8

Due 1/21

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:49 pm

JJDancer wrote:Rothman invite.
Mailed: 1/5
Email: 1/7
Received snail mail: 1/8

Due 1/21


are these the dates for your rothman app, or did you state that you received a rothman invite to give us an indication of how strong an applicant you were? If it is the former, what was mailed to you via snail mail?


edit: added quote

laughsalot06
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby laughsalot06 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Not sure if this has been covered already, but is it bad if you get a Rotham invite & don't submit anything. I'm sincerely interested in USC, but after reading about the scholarship I'm almost positive I would not be considered. Long story short, I'm worried that the admissions office will think I'm unlikely to attend if I don't respond.

Also, I was UR 11/30 and now UR 1/2. 168/4.0

Congrats to all the recent acceptances!

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:13 pm

laughsalot06 wrote:Not sure if this has been covered already, but is it bad if you get a Rotham invite & don't submit anything. I'm sincerely interested in USC, but after reading about the scholarship I'm almost positive I would not be considered. Long story short, I'm worried that the admissions office will think I'm unlikely to attend if I don't respond.

Also, I was UR 11/30 and now UR 1/2. 168/4.0

Congrats to all the recent acceptances!



I'm wondering the same thing. I guess it is better to let them tell us no.

User avatar
dj666
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby dj666 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Got my acceptance letter in the not-so-sunny Pacific Northwest today! DF 1/3. 167/3.89. Though the rejection-sized envelope was a bit of a letdown, I did appreciate the first four words of the final paragraph -- "So savor the moment..." Indeed.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:56 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
JJDancer wrote:Rothman invite.
Mailed: 1/5
Email: 1/7
Received snail mail: 1/8

Due 1/21


are these the dates for your rothman app, or did you state that you received a rothman invite to give us an indication of how strong an applicant you were? If it is the former, what was mailed to you via snail mail?
edit: added quote


I'm confused.
The dates were to show that 1) it took 3 days for the mail to get to me in FL
2) I got the reminder to submit email before I received an invitation to apply at all..
3) To show people that Rothman invites are still going out
4) To remind people when it is due.

I don't think I'd be a finalist/I will be in Asia at the time of interviews so I doubt I will apply but USC/UCLA are my top choice schools so I'm not sure...

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 pm

dj666 wrote:Got my acceptance letter in the not-so-sunny Pacific Northwest today! DF 1/3. 167/3.89. Though the rejection-sized envelope was a bit of a letdown, I did appreciate the first four words of the final paragraph -- "So savor the moment..." Indeed.


when did you go IR if you don't mind me asking?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Received my acceptance letter today, it was dated 01/04. I was DF 01/03. Submitted mid-Oct. Happy to answer any questions, and best of luck to everyone.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby smokeylarue » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Getting a little worried... .DF 12/08 still haven't received something. I'm in Ohio...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Getting a little worried... .DF 12/08 still haven't received something. I'm in Ohio...


Give it a few more days. I think they just sent out the letters on Tuesday or Wednesday, so it may take a few more days to get out to Ohio.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13311
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby JenDarby » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Getting a little worried... .DF 12/08 still haven't received something. I'm in Ohio...


I think in this scenario a call is definitely in order. I think those recent letters were for people who were DF way later.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Zoe107 and 5 guests