USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crossingforHYS

Re: USC 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:15 pm

ok sound stupid....but I just realized a status checker for usc existed....
in review 12/24

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm

OMG, i never realized that USC had a chick-fil-a on campus. Game Over, man. Game Over.

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:OMG, i never realized that USC had a chick-fil-a on campus. Game Over, man. Game Over.

haha, it's actually a block off campus.

rubbersoul89

Postby rubbersoul89 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Complete since 11/5...

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:12 pm

speedyj88 wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:OMG, i never realized that USC had a chick-fil-a on campus. Game Over, man. Game Over.

lol.
I thought it was in the student commons area? with the panda express etc? Maybe I am wrong.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 pm

can any of the DF people say whether anything shows up under "mailings"?
or update if anything comes up in the next few days/week.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 pm

What was the deadline for Rothman applications? I'm trying to decide if it's even worth applying and I'm too lazy/ sick to walk over to the folder I kept my invite in.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am

Arbiter213 wrote:What was the deadline for Rothman applications? I'm trying to decide if it's even worth applying and I'm too lazy/ sick to walk over to the folder I kept my invite in.

I actually laughed out loud for this one. Oh, Rothman.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 am

Arbiter213 wrote:What was the deadline for Rothman applications? I'm trying to decide if it's even worth applying and I'm too lazy/ sick to walk over to the folder I kept my invite in.

the viewbook says jan 21. Too bad USC hasn't invited me to apply. Oh well...little chance of winning anyways.

Student13

Postby Student13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 am

Also only complete as of 11/5. Reading everything on here is disheartening haha. USC is a reach either way for me but I rather have a rejection then all this anxiety from waiting!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 am

I am In Review as of Jan 1... but this is a big, big reach for me. Shouldn't take them long to burn my app.

leopardRAWR

Postby leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 am

JJDancer wrote:can any of the DF people say whether anything shows up under "mailings"?
or update if anything comes up in the next few days/week.

So far nothing listed under mailings. I am tempted to call my roommate and ask him to let me know if anything from USC arrives in the mail this week. But of course if I do that, it won't come until I am back at school next week.

giddybiscuit

Postby giddybiscuit » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 am

JJDancer wrote:
speedyj88 wrote:

lol.
I thought it was in the student commons area? with the panda express etc? Maybe I am wrong.

I would normally be excited about this (Chick Fil A in California? Yea!) but I just found out they joined some rabid anti-gay organisation so I feel morally obligated to go without ;)

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

#s wise i would be in with $, but the dean of my school has a personal vendetta with me (i've even caught him lying in the act, and met with attorneys who said i had standing but dropped it because law school was more important to me than just recourse) and i'm convinced he provided inaccurate information that is causing them to think twice as I've been IR for a while. an upsetting thing about this process is that if the dean of one's school is dishonest, the whole dean cert creates an unfair balance in the process.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:45 am

giddybiscuit wrote:I would normally be excited about this (Chick Fil A in California? Yea!) but I just found out they joined some rabid anti-gay organisation so I feel morally obligated to go without ;)

You shouldn't be surprised since it's the only food chain that closes on Sundays.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
giddybiscuit wrote:I would normally be excited about this (Chick Fil A in California? Yea!) but I just found out they joined some rabid anti-gay organisation so I feel morally obligated to go without ;)

You shouldn't be surprised since it's the only food chain that closes on Sundays.

You're buying chicken sandwiches, not voting them into office. They're Christian people who are following their religion. Are they closed-minded and morally wrong, yeah, but it's not like they're promoting anti-gay violence or anything. I think it's much worse to support a company who has been accused of animal cruelty such as KFC as they are directly doing something negative rather than a company who just has a backwards political view.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 pm

justadude55 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

You're buying chicken sandwiches, not voting them into office. They're Christian people who are following their religion. Are they closed-minded and morally wrong, yeah, but it's not like they're promoting anti-gay violence or anything. I think it's much worse to support a company who has been accused of animal cruelty such as KFC as they are directly doing something negative rather than a company who just has a backwards political view.

I am eating one RIGHT NOW - it's apparently Chick-Fil-A day. We have too many around here anyway, so it will not factor in any kind of decision making process of mine whatsoever.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

justadude55 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

eh, i don't agree with this. there are plenty of places i won't patronize on principle. besides, anti-gay organizations are largely responsible for spreading lies and promoting hate. i don't spend my money in places where my principles and the principles of the company/ organization/ corporation don't match.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

glitter178 wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

eh, i don't agree with this. there are plenty of places i won't patronize on principle. besides, anti-gay organizations are largely responsible for spreading lies and promoting hate. i don't spend my money in places where my principles and the principles of the company/ organization/ corporation don't match.

so i take it you don't eat falafal or chinese food either?

better not drink vodka while we're at it. during world war 2, you probably wouldn't have had any good beer either.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm

so i take it you don't eat falafal or chinese food either?[/quote]

nope. and i haven't stepped in a walmart in years. plus i'm a vegetarian, so a lot of restaurants have no draw for me.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Let's save that stuff for elsewhere guys. This thread is for complaining about how long we have been processing/UR/waiting without a decision.

forward

Postby forward » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Knock wrote:Let's save that stuff for elsewhere guys. This thread is for complaining about how long we have been processing/UR/waiting without a decision.

complain/whine/bitch

DF for a month and no letter? seriously?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 pm

forward wrote:
Knock wrote:Let's save that stuff for elsewhere guys. This thread is for complaining about how long we have been processing/UR/waiting without a decision.

complain/whine/bitch

DF for a month and no letter? seriously?

urdoinitrite

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm

justadude55 wrote:
glitter178 wrote:eh, i don't agree with this. there are plenty of places i won't patronize on principle. besides, anti-gay organizations are largely responsible for spreading lies and promoting hate. i don't spend my money in places where my principles and the principles of the company/ organization/ corporation don't match.

better not drink vodka while we're at it. during world war 2, you probably wouldn't have had any good beer either.

If I knew the owners of my favorite falafel stand were sending money to an organization I didn't agree with, I wouldn't eat there. But just being of middle eastern descent doesn't mean they support terrorists. They could very well have moved to the US because they, too, disapprove of suicide bombers and airplane hijackers. Same for a Chinese restaurant--the owners are here in the US, after all, not back in Beijing sitting on the Politburo and oppressing the masses. Giddybiscuit and Glitter178 aren't boycotting all chicken sandwiches, just a specific business. Chik Fil A is using their company to make a statement about politics and values, and consumers are free to do the same by taking their money to Popeye's.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
glitter178 wrote:eh, i don't agree with this. there are plenty of places i won't patronize on principle. besides, anti-gay organizations are largely responsible for spreading lies and promoting hate. i don't spend my money in places where my principles and the principles of the company/ organization/ corporation don't match.

If I knew the owners of my favorite falafel stand were sending money to an organization I didn't agree with, I wouldn't eat there. But just being of middle eastern descent doesn't mean they support terrorists. They could very well have moved to the US because they, too, disapprove of suicide bombers and airplane hijackers. Same for a Chinese restaurant--the owners are here in the US, after all, not back in Beijing sitting on the Politburo and oppressing the masses. Giddybiscuit and Glitter178 aren't boycotting all chicken sandwiches, just a specific business. Chik Fil A is using their company to make a statement about politics and values, and consumers are free to do the same by taking their money to Popeye's.

careful... gonna get yelled at for digressing from the topic, which is.... talking about how no one has heard anything from USC for 3 months. :roll:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”