USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby TheOcho » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 pm

It seems most of you have status checkers, but I received an "application complete" email (11/30) which also stated I'll get a response via postal mail. What gives?

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ht2988 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 am

I called with a q about my application being incomplete and the man I spoke with on the phone mentioned that the admission counselor who was handling my app has been on vacay for a week - so I'm assuming her absence may have a bearing on other peoples' lacks of status change.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 am

ht2988 wrote:I called with a q about my application being incomplete and the man I spoke with on the phone mentioned that the admission counselor who was handling my app has been on vacay for a week - so I'm assuming her absence may have a bearing on other peoples' lacks of status change.


Thanks for the tip. Vacay during admission season? Nice!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 am

Wow, I'd expect that from a gov't employee, but private sector? ITE??? Yowsa.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:14 am

maybe they don't get winter break off (*crosses fingers*)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

Redsgomarchingon wrote:maybe they don't get winter break off (*crosses fingers*)


Maybe they don't let you roll personal/vacation days over to the new year (like my job) so half the company is off this month.

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby jck4487 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:53 am

Being a public vs. private institution probably wouldn't make much of a difference for a person taking vacation days. They realize our applications aren't going anywhere, and they aren't really under any pressure to respond as fast as possible.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby theavrock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am

jck4487 wrote:Being a public vs. private institution probably wouldn't make much of a difference for a person taking vacation days. They realize our applications aren't going anywhere, and they aren't really under any pressure to respond as fast as possible.


+1

Tis the season for this sort of thing, public or private.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 am

So anyone want to guess when first round of acceptances go out??

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:So anyone want to guess when first round of acceptances go out??


Today!

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:So anyone want to guess when first round of acceptances go out??

They already went out.

User avatar
jfb
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby jfb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 am

I got a big white envelope in the mail yesterday with the USC logo on it. I figured it was an acceptance so I got excited and tore it open, inside was not an acceptance letter, but an invitation to apply to the Frank Rothman Scholarship, kind of a let down at first, but I guess upon reading further the scholarship is a pretty good opportunity. Anyone else get the invite and plan on applying for the scholarship?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby neonx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 am

jfb wrote:I got a big white envelope in the mail yesterday with the USC logo on it. I figured it was an acceptance so I got excited and tore it open, inside was not an acceptance letter, but an invitation to apply to the Frank Rothman Scholarship, kind of a let down at first, but I guess upon reading further the scholarship is a pretty good opportunity. Anyone else get the invite and plan on applying for the scholarship?


I think someone posted earlier that 1,000 applicants (not necessarily admitted students) receive the invite. It seems to have been generated via LSAT/GPA cut-offs. Around ~300 apply.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 pm

jfb wrote:I got a big white envelope in the mail yesterday with the USC logo on it. I figured it was an acceptance so I got excited and tore it open, inside was not an acceptance letter, but an invitation to apply to the Frank Rothman Scholarship, kind of a let down at first, but I guess upon reading further the scholarship is a pretty good opportunity. Anyone else get the invite and plan on applying for the scholarship?


It's almost like they do that intentionally (big envelope containing something other than an acceptance).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Still in review as of 11/18.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby vegenator » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Knock wrote:Still in review as of 11/18.

+1

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 pm

vegenator wrote:
Knock wrote:Still in review as of 11/18.

+1


I'm going to post this everyday until USC does the math and sees i'm above both their medians, no need to read the rest of my application :P.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby Pink » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Still complete as of 11/8 :(

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:45 pm

still in review 11/22. i swear i am going to have to turn off my phone and stop checking my email.

ha. yeah right.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:46 pm

glitter178 wrote:still in review 11/22. i swear i am going to have to turn off my phone and stop checking my email.

ha. yeah right.


HAHAHA you wish...

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
glitter178 wrote:still in review 11/22. i swear i am going to have to turn off my phone and stop checking my email.

ha. yeah right.


HAHAHA you wish...


last week i got to work only to realize i had left my cell at home. called my boyfriend and made him keep it on him all day with orders to call me IMMEDIATELY at my work line if a 310 (ucla) number called my phone.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:54 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
glitter178 wrote:still in review 11/22. i swear i am going to have to turn off my phone and stop checking my email.

ha. yeah right.


HAHAHA you wish...


last week i got to work only to realize i had left my cell at home. called my boyfriend and made him keep it on him all day with orders to call me IMMEDIATELY at my work line if a 310 (ucla) number called my phone.



you'll know you really need help when you start checking during sex

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
glitter178 wrote:still in review 11/22. i swear i am going to have to turn off my phone and stop checking my email.

ha. yeah right.


HAHAHA you wish...


last week i got to work only to realize i had left my cell at home. called my boyfriend and made him keep it on him all day with orders to call me IMMEDIATELY at my work line if a 310 (ucla) number called my phone.



you'll know you really need help when you start checking during sex


oh my god. tell me you haven't done this....

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm

well, not the status checker... I did run over to my phone to check the number on a phone call.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:well, not the status checker... I did run over to my phone to check the number on a phone call.


I mean, when it comes to priorities, she usually comes second... ZING!


joke




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”