USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rupret1
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby rupret1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 am

My status updated to "Decision Finalized" sometime last night or this morning. Submitted 11/1, Complete 11/8. I checked it yesterday and it was still in review. I never got a Rothman Invite, but I'm in a small town in a southern state so it might just not have made its way here yet. I hope this is good news.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby justadude55 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am

been at app complete for a month.

have LSAT comfortably above 75th, gpa a point below median. should i be worried?

don't know when i'm going to be reviewed.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 pm

for those of you who are in review does your status checker update while in review? or does it stay the same until it says decision finalized?

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:for those of you who are in review does your status checker update while in review? or does it stay the same until it says decision finalized?

mine updated from IR 11/8 to IR 11/22, no change since then.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:24 pm

rupret1 wrote:My status updated to "Decision Finalized" sometime last night or this morning. Submitted 11/1, Complete 11/8. I checked it yesterday and it was still in review. I never got a Rothman Invite, but I'm in a small town in a southern state so it might just not have made its way here yet. I hope this is good news.


what was your in-review date?

User avatar
rupret1
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby rupret1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

glitter178 wrote:
rupret1 wrote:My status updated to "Decision Finalized" sometime last night or this morning. Submitted 11/1, Complete 11/8. I checked it yesterday and it was still in review. I never got a Rothman Invite, but I'm in a small town in a southern state so it might just not have made its way here yet. I hope this is good news.


what was your in-review date?


I don't really remember. There's so many of these status checkers with changing dates and it all just kind of runs together at this point. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby shanshan333 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Just got the Rothman invite today... So what exactly are we suppose to do? Submit an essay? My mom has the letter and I don't see her until Sunday or so.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Just got the Rothman invite today... So what exactly are we suppose to do? Submit an essay? My mom has the letter and I don't see her until Sunday or so.


Essay and Resume.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby shanshan333 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Just got the Rothman invite today... So what exactly are we suppose to do? Submit an essay? My mom has the letter and I don't see her until Sunday or so.


Essay and Resume.


Thanks! An essay about anything, why we deserve it, what we would contribute?

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby obrienfa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Three people on LSN have posted that they are accepted. Does the status checker tell you if you are in or not? Or are they just assuming since it is so early in the process, they are obviously in?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby username99 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Mine says "We're dicking you around since you applied 2 months ago and are still complete." 8)

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm

FINALLY UR 12/09 after being complete since 11/06.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mst » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:FINALLY UR 12/09 after being complete since 11/06.


I've been complete since 11/6 and still not UR.... but this gives me hope.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

mst wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:FINALLY UR 12/09 after being complete since 11/06.


I've been complete since 11/6 and still not UR.... but this gives me hope.


Glad I could offer someone hope in this dismal, drab time. I had to double-take at the change in status because I'm so accustomed to seeing "Complete" there for USC. LOL...

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mst » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
mst wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:FINALLY UR 12/09 after being complete since 11/06.


I've been complete since 11/6 and still not UR.... but this gives me hope.


Glad I could offer someone hope in this dismal, drab time. I had to double-take at the change in status because I'm so accustomed to seeing "Complete" there for USC. LOL...


Whoops I was 11/9. I'll have to wait a few more days, but at least I know that something is happening at USC other than a bunch of Rothman invites being sent out...

User avatar
rubbersoul89
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby rubbersoul89 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Still at complete as of 11/5...

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby mcubberly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Still complete as of 10/13...not looking good.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Still in review.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Knock wrote:Still in review.


what's your review date? and what are your numbers again if you don't mind? ( i think you posted this somewhere but i dont' remember)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Knock wrote:Still in review.


what's your review date? and what are your numbers again if you don't mind? ( i think you posted this somewhere but i dont' remember)


In review around 11/18. Both numbers are above 75th percentiles. If you want to know more specifically shoot me a pm :).

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JakeL » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:49 pm

mcubberly wrote:Still complete as of 10/13...not looking good.


+1. You are not alone my friend.

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby jck4487 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Knock wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
Knock wrote:Still in review.


what's your review date? and what are your numbers again if you don't mind? ( i think you posted this somewhere but i dont' remember)


In review around 11/18. Both numbers are above 75th percentiles. If you want to know more specifically shoot me a pm :).


Just went in review today. Numbers? Median-ish.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm

i'm curious to know where r6 is? he has the same review date as i do but better numbers. r6, if you're out there, are you still IR or did you go DF?

Juuuulie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Juuuulie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I think I broke the status checker.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 pm

glitter178 wrote:i'm curious to know where r6 is? he has the same review date as i do but better numbers. r6, if you're out there, are you still IR or did you go DF?


Sorry was in class eating/drinking :mrgreen:

No still 11/22 UR. Sort of disappointed to not see a chance.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”