USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Juuuulie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Juuuulie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Went from UR 3/25 to DF just now. 167, 3.6. Applied 11/30.

User avatar
rubbersoul89
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby rubbersoul89 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:10 pm

nakiko2003 wrote:Does anyone know why I still sit on IR 1/26?! I submitted on 1/13.



I'm also still IR 1/26, I submitted early november though. I'm feeling a waitlist...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

r6_philly wrote:Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?


I was under the impression that DF is either an admit or a deny. WL just shows up on the status checker I thought.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 pm

RJ127 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?


I was under the impression that DF is either an admit or a deny. WL just shows up on the status checker I thought.


If I get dinged by USC ...

Can someone confirm the WL thing? Acceptances come by mail only?

n_gal
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby n_gal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:30 pm

pugsnotdrugs wrote:
n_gal wrote:DF today, also a URM and below both medians, not anticipating an acceptance


when did you go under review?


IIRC, UR 2/11 --> UR 3/25 -->DF 3/25

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?


I was under the impression that DF is either an admit or a deny. WL just shows up on the status checker I thought.


If I get dinged by USC ...

Can someone confirm the WL thing? Acceptances come by mail only?


r6 you probably got in. I got in last week and the letter came early this week. I withdrew yesterday.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:43 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
r6 you probably got in. I got in last week and the letter came early this week. I withdrew yesterday.


Hopefully. You are doing a lot of withdrawing today :)

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
r6 you probably got in. I got in last week and the letter came early this week. I withdrew yesterday.


Hopefully. You are doing a lot of withdrawing today :)


Yeah gotta do Penn today. I just got my package from them it looks so nice and a ton of info, I can see why you enjoy it there.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
r6 you probably got in. I got in last week and the letter came early this week. I withdrew yesterday.


Hopefully. You are doing a lot of withdrawing today :)


Yeah gotta do Penn today. I just got my package from them it looks so nice and a ton of info, I can see why you enjoy it there.


Well I hope to see you where you are going. Long shot, but I hope?

ansberryj
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby ansberryj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Did anyone else update to IR 3/25 without a DF? My lsat is at 25 but GPA is way above 75th... I know its a bit of a long shot but USC is definitely my first choice.

User avatar
Punisha20
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:56 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby Punisha20 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:11 pm

ansberryj wrote:Did anyone else update to IR 3/25 without a DF? My lsat is at 25 but GPA is way above 75th... I know its a bit of a long shot but USC is definitely my first choice.


Third review today, no DF

PAR12
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby PAR12 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Anybody else I/R 3/16?

Anybody else 3/16 get D/F today?

User avatar
sUkNoIrzTforEall
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Still IR 3/15, so close...

definitely my first choice. It would rock my world to be admitted.

FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby FAR262 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?


I was under the impression that DF is either an admit or a deny. WL just shows up on the status checker I thought.


If I get dinged by USC ...

Can someone confirm the WL thing? Acceptances come by mail only?


C'mon, the last thing this thread needs is some completely unnecessary worrying. A quick look at TLS stats should tell you that USC never even thinks about dinging anyone with your numbers. And yes it was reiterated earlier in this thread that waitlists don't update to your status checker. So by process of elimination that means you were accepted. :)

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ktg808 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 pm

PAR12 wrote:Anybody else I/R 3/16?

Anybody else 3/16 get D/F today?


Moi. No DF though.

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 pm

ahhh still IR 3/2....that is my only IR date...no news is good news?...fwiw, some LSN people heard back last week of april and the decision was WL....good news is that apps are down ~9% this year

User avatar
sUkNoIrzTforEall
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 am

This one goes out to the Obi Wan Kanobe of my cycle, USC, and any TLSers hanging by that ever elusive thread of hope:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsEjsIbWq88

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:00 am

Sigh, no DF, no IR. Nothing. Boo.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am

RedItalus10 wrote:ahhh still IR 3/2....that is my only IR date...no news is good news?...fwiw, some LSN people heard back last week of april and the decision was WL....good news is that apps are down ~9% this year


Got another month until the end of April. For now, let's just think positive.

User avatar
sUkNoIrzTforEall
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby sUkNoIrzTforEall » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am


User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
RedItalus10 wrote:ahhh still IR 3/2....that is my only IR date...no news is good news?...fwiw, some LSN people heard back last week of april and the decision was WL....good news is that apps are down ~9% this year


Got another month until the end of April. For now, let's just think positive.


Dude don't worry i was waiting since december and I got in last week, r6 was waiting since November and just got in. There is still time.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:54 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
RedItalus10 wrote:ahhh still IR 3/2....that is my only IR date...no news is good news?...fwiw, some LSN people heard back last week of april and the decision was WL....good news is that apps are down ~9% this year


Got another month until the end of April. For now, let's just think positive.


Dude don't worry i was waiting since december and I got in last week, r6 was waiting since November and just got in. There is still time.


It just seems so random. My numbers are nowhere near r6's. He got in after a few months, and other people have gotten in within a month. It's just maddening.

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:09 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
RedItalus10 wrote:ahhh still IR 3/2....that is my only IR date...no news is good news?...fwiw, some LSN people heard back last week of april and the decision was WL....good news is that apps are down ~9% this year


Got another month until the end of April. For now, let's just think positive.


Dude don't worry i was waiting since december and I got in last week, r6 was waiting since November and just got in. There is still time.


It just seems so random. My numbers are nowhere near r6's. He got in after a few months, and other people have gotten in within a month. It's just maddening.



Thanks for the positive vibes from uncommon.....but im just fearful cause im one of the 166 black hole USC applicants...166/3.7...i hope my gpa plus apps being down, plus strong softs are enough...lets all cross our fingers...i also recently sent an LOCI and am meeting with another recommender soon

good luck to all! i like hearing positive things on here rather than the the traditional pessimism

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 am

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Updated UR to today, and DF today. So WL?


I was under the impression that DF is either an admit or a deny. WL just shows up on the status checker I thought.


If I get dinged by USC ...

Can someone confirm the WL thing? Acceptances come by mail only?

I don't wanna jinx it, but this sounds like you're in to me. WL have been on the status checker and it makes no sense to me for them to reject you. You'l probably get an email before your letter comes though, so no need to sit by the mailbox.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, Lawl_Schoolz, luckydayahead, potterotter, ramp_999, ReadyToStart, wajdicm, Zoe107 and 33 guests