USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

just got my packet in the mail. nothing special, just a folder with a letter and a little booklet on what to do next. No Scholarship info...

PAR12
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby PAR12 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Still IR 12/14

bernadette1
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bernadette1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Are all of the "In Review 1/26 URMs" still hanging on to the same date?


Stuck on 1/26 with you.


add another one to that pile.



me too.

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby bbermud » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

do we just have to fill out fafsa and thats it to be considered for financial aid?

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Puttanesca » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:15 pm

bbermud wrote:do we just have to fill out fafsa and thats it to be considered for financial aid?


FAFSA + supplemental form + scholarship application

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby bbermud » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
bbermud wrote:do we just have to fill out fafsa and thats it to be considered for financial aid?


FAFSA + supplemental form + scholarship application



shit. are the supplemental forms and scholarship applications only made available to admitted students or do i have to apply before ive been accepted.
Last edited by bbermud on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Puttanesca » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 pm

bbermud wrote:shit. where ca i find the supplemental form and scholarship app.? finaid. website???


A few days after you are admitted, USC sends an email with a link to the scholarship application and to the supplemental form. You need a USC ID number (which is provided in both the admitted student login info email and the finaid email) to submit the scholarship application and to create an account in order to get access to the supplemental form.

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Puttanesca » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:33 pm

bbermud wrote:shit. are the supplemental forms and scholarship applications only made available to admitted students or do i have to apply before ive been accepted.


I think the supplemental forms and scholarship applications are only available to admitted students. From reading the USC finaid website, it looks like the only thing for you to do before you receive an admissions decision is to submit the FAFSA.

http://mylaw2.usc.edu/how/jd/finaid/apply.cfm

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby bbermud » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
bbermud wrote:shit. are the supplemental forms and scholarship applications only made available to admitted students or do i have to apply before ive been accepted.


I think the supplemental forms and scholarship applications are only available to admitted students. From reading the USC finaid website, it looks like the only thing for you to do before you receive an admissions decision is to submit the FAFSA.

http://mylaw2.usc.edu/how/jd/finaid/apply.cfm



great. thank you!

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks to USC (originally my #1 choice to begin the cycle) keeping me in UR even though I applied in October, I've decided on a school on the east coast without even knowing (or caring at this point) whether I'll be accepted to USC. I know there are people on here who may be waiting even longer than I have, but I just think it's ridiculous that USC keeps potential students waiting so long...

I've lived around USC my whole life and it's not that great of a school that they should be taking longer than ivy leagues to admit people.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 pm

WOW! Finally moved. IR 11/22 -> 3/15

I suppose a week short of 4 months is reasonable for the first read... :?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:WOW! Finally moved. IR 11/22 -> 3/15

I suppose a week short of 4 months is reasonable for the first read... :?


Cool!

In other news I am still 11/22.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:WOW! Finally moved. IR 11/22 -> 3/15

I suppose a week short of 4 months is reasonable for the first read... :?


Cool!

In other news I am still 11/22.

Are you kidding me?!? I was thinking you would have moved too... USC is ridiculous!

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 pm

2/22 ftw!

User avatar
lushka
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby lushka » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Anyone still IR from 2/20??

tothePAIN
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby tothePAIN » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Any word on scholarship offers?

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 pm

lushka wrote:Anyone still IR from 2/20??


We're gonna make it, I promise.
















































Have you ever heard of Vietnam?

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Zabini » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:45 pm

moved from IR 2/26 to 3/15, hopefully this is something good!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bdubs » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Just went DF 3/15

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

bdubs wrote:Just went DF 3/15


As in, sometime today, or NOW, 8:30 Pacific?

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 pm

God dammit, show me a little love already! Are the DFs usually all concentrated in one day, or would there possibly be some tomorrow/Thursday/Friday?

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby helloperson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:46 pm

bdubs wrote:Just went DF 3/15



what are your IR dates? were you in the 3/2 pile?

edit: nvm. found it. you were IR from december

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 am

was UR 3/15 and now just went DF 3/15.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:26 am

backtothebeat wrote:was UR 3/15 and now just went DF 3/15.


Just now? At 10:00 Pacific time? wow.

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 am

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
backtothebeat wrote:was UR 3/15 and now just went DF 3/15.


Just now? At 10:00 Pacific time? wow.


sorry that was misleading, i just checked now. it might have been earlier.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Ca2021, JosefK, potterotter, proteinshake, xn3345 and 15 guests