USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Are we thinking that "decision finalized" today means good news, bad news, or either?


Last time was a mixed batch, so we really don't know. Although the users posting DF look promising :)


Interesting. Is there any rhyme or reason as to who gets decisions finalized when?

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 pm

BrightLine wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Are we thinking that "decision finalized" today means good news, bad news, or either?


Last time was a mixed batch, so we really don't know. Although the users posting DF look promising :)


Interesting. Is there any rhyme or reason as to who gets decisions finalized when?


All speculation my friend, best not to get involved with it and become invested in trying to figure out what dates/statuses mean.

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:44 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Are we thinking that "decision finalized" today means good news, bad news, or either?


Last time was a mixed batch, so we really don't know. Although the users posting DF look promising :)



I wish there was a box to check on the application that says "I really am very interested in coming to your school, I am sick of living in the cold"

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:45 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Are we thinking that "decision finalized" today means good news, bad news, or either?


Last time was a mixed batch, so we really don't know. Although the users posting DF look promising :)


Interesting. Is there any rhyme or reason as to who gets decisions finalized when?


All speculation my friend, best not to get involved with it and become invested in trying to figure out what dates/statuses mean.



Oh I haven't at all, hence my questions. I sent out my applications Mid-January and committed not to come here and look at status pages for a while so I am definitely out of the loop on all of this stuff.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 pm

BrightLine wrote:I wish there was a box to check on the application that says "I really am very interested in coming to your school, I am sick of living in the cold"


You and me both, although I visited the school recently and am a little torn between USC and UCI. USC is not the place I want to live in or near (I like the suburbs) and I've heard the employment is iffy (generally top 40-50% securing summer anything). While they do offer a blind OCI, employers still get a hold of the data for the interview so you will still be judged the same. Maybe i'm just trying to make a case for UCI since i've already been admitted haha.....It's good you haven't been addicted to status pages though, I wish I could say the same...

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 pm

I can't believe another batch of decisions went out today and I'm still IR 2/7. I submitted in October!

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby ktg808 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 pm

WarioLaw wrote:DF 02/28 as well. In an interesting turn of events, I received an invite in the mail today from USC to the Alumni and Newly Admitted Students reception in Chicago on March 2. I am going to venture to guess that this means I have been accepted and they wanted to get this invite out on time for me to actually make the event. Unfortunately I can't make it, but hopefully this means the 02/28 batch was a good one!



CONGRATS!

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:I wish there was a box to check on the application that says "I really am very interested in coming to your school, I am sick of living in the cold"


You and me both, although I visited the school recently and am a little torn between USC and UCI. USC is not the place I want to live in or near (I like the suburbs) and I've heard the employment is iffy (generally top 40-50% securing summer anything). While they do offer a blind OCI, employers still get a hold of the data for the interview so you will still be judged the same. Maybe i'm just trying to make a case for UCI since i've already been admitted haha.....It's good you haven't been addicted to status pages though, I wish I could say the same...



I say that because, if yield protection does exist I feel like I would be a prime candidate for that (my numbers+location). As far as the status checking, it is good I have kept away but that is over now :(

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

BrightLine wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:
BrightLine wrote:I wish there was a box to check on the application that says "I really am very interested in coming to your school, I am sick of living in the cold"


You and me both, although I visited the school recently and am a little torn between USC and UCI. USC is not the place I want to live in or near (I like the suburbs) and I've heard the employment is iffy (generally top 40-50% securing summer anything). While they do offer a blind OCI, employers still get a hold of the data for the interview so you will still be judged the same. Maybe i'm just trying to make a case for UCI since i've already been admitted haha.....It's good you haven't been addicted to status pages though, I wish I could say the same...



I say that because, if yield protection does exist I feel like I would be a prime candidate for that (my numbers+location). As far as the status checking, it is good I have kept away but that is over now :(


USC has not tended to employ YP as often as many other schools, so long as you have conveyed your interest in attending I think you will be fine :)

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 am

jamiLAW wrote:I can't believe another batch of decisions went out today and I'm still IR 2/7. I submitted in October!


Borderline applicants get late decisions. That's the way it works. You'd be foolish to expect otherwise.

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

Cade McNown wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:I can't believe another batch of decisions went out today and I'm still IR 2/7. I submitted in October!


Borderline applicants get late decisions. That's the way it works. You'd be foolish to expect otherwise.



Please explain your username. Hysterical.

Escuate
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby Escuate » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

Another 3 plus weeks of waiting...FML.

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 am

BrightLine wrote:Please explain your username. Hysterical.


Cade McNown = My desired career path. Be a beast in school (LA preferably), secure a top draft pick (in Chicago preferably), spend ~4 years in the game enjoying my guaranteed cush salary, retire to a lower effort profession (used car salesman??).

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am

Cade McNown wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:I can't believe another batch of decisions went out today and I'm still IR 2/7. I submitted in October!


Borderline applicants get late decisions. That's the way it works. You'd be foolish to expect otherwise.


Do you consider yourself borderline as well?

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bdubs » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am

Still IR 12/14.....this is getting annoying.

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby TheOcho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:37 am

jamiLAW wrote:
Cade McNown wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:I can't believe another batch of decisions went out today and I'm still IR 2/7. I submitted in October!


Borderline applicants get late decisions. That's the way it works. You'd be foolish to expect otherwise.


Do you consider yourself borderline as well?


I'm IR since 1/3 and 169/3.75. I don't think I'm a borderline applicant, but then again what do I know.

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby BrightLine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am

Cade McNown wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Please explain your username. Hysterical.


Cade McNown = My desired career path. Be a beast in school (LA preferably), secure a top draft pick (in Chicago preferably), spend ~4 years in the game enjoying my guaranteed cush salary, retire to a lower effort profession (used car salesman??).



Ok, i think you may have created the perfect username.

KirkwoodGAO
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby KirkwoodGAO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 am

.
Last edited by KirkwoodGAO on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:55 am

TheOcho wrote:I'm IR since 1/3 and 169/3.75. I don't think I'm a borderline applicant, but then again what do I know.


jamiLAW wrote:Do you consider yourself borderline as well?


Well, I'm 75th LSAT and median GPA, so I consider myself an admit, but certainly no auto-admit. I also did not say that only borderline applicants wait Ocho, many strong applicants wait well into March too (just check the LSN data from recent cycles).

Full disclosure, this aint my first rodeo with USC law: waited until April 5 to get my waitlist last year. I know it's frustrating but just keep patient and realize that with median numbers a little extra wait time might actually bode well for you.

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby TheOcho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 am

Cade McNown wrote:
TheOcho wrote:I'm IR since 1/3 and 169/3.75. I don't think I'm a borderline applicant, but then again what do I know.


jamiLAW wrote:Do you consider yourself borderline as well?


Well, I'm 75th LSAT and median GPA, so I consider myself an admit, but certainly no auto-admit. I also did not say that only borderline applicants wait Ocho, many strong applicants wait well into March too (just check the LSN data from recent cycles).

Full disclosure, this aint my first rodeo with USC law: waited until April 5 to get my waitlist last year. I know it's frustrating but just keep patient and realize that with median numbers a little extra wait time might actually bode well for you.



You're right, and I wasn't trying to imply you were saying anything of the sort. Just adding some more information. Any thought on if being accepted this late decreases scholarship opportunities?

mdfreeman
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby mdfreeman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:11 am

Still haven't heard, submitted at the end of November/Early December. My GPA is above their 75% but my LSAT is around their 25% so who knows?

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pixytree » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 am

mdfreeman wrote:Still haven't heard, submitted at the end of November/Early December. My GPA is above their 75% but my LSAT is around their 25% so who knows?


same here. submitted end of October. Just went to review in January and have been sitting there with no movement for a month. I've already heard from both Berkeley and UCLA. What gives USC?!

mdfreeman
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby mdfreeman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 am

pixytree wrote:
mdfreeman wrote:Still haven't heard, submitted at the end of November/Early December. My GPA is above their 75% but my LSAT is around their 25% so who knows?


same here. submitted end of October. Just went to review in January and have been sitting there with no movement for a month. I've already heard from both Berkeley and UCLA. What gives USC?!



Same haha, I did ED with UCLA so I heard back very early. Berkeley I think auto-rejected me so that was a quick decision too.

I think USC is less "WL-happy" than other schools since it seems like they're working backwards through their apps instead of just WL everyone their iffy about like UCLA seems to be doing. I prefer this since at least I can still believe I have a chance rather than waiting until June/July to find out if I got in to a given school.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:49 am

mdfreeman wrote:Still haven't heard, submitted at the end of November/Early December. My GPA is above their 75% but my LSAT is around their 25% so who knows?


this is purely based on speculation but my numbers are similar(ish) to yours. most of the other reverse splitters were rejected already. but i think its a good sign that they are holding onto our applications.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
mdfreeman wrote:Still haven't heard, submitted at the end of November/Early December. My GPA is above their 75% but my LSAT is around their 25% so who knows?


this is purely based on speculation but my numbers are similar(ish) to yours. most of the other reverse splitters were rejected already. but i think its a good sign that they are holding onto our applications.


Reverse splitter here still waiting on 'SC. By the way, the longer the wait, the more likely it is that you will be WL.

That's how it was for someone I knew last cycle, at least.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, christinaxcarrie, hellohalo, JordanLaw15, kthrynf, sjs12 and 15 guests