USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Redsgomarchingon

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 pm

wow... it has been 15 days since the last DFs.

username99

Postby username99 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Still only complete, since Oct. What should I do?

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:wow... it has been 15 days since the last DFs.

I would be surprised if there were no movement this week. I like to think those of us pulled for review 2/22 means we'll be in the next round

PomasThynchon

Postby PomasThynchon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:wow... it has been 15 days since the last DFs.

I would be surprised if there were no movement this week. I like to think those of us pulled for review 2/22 means we'll be in the next round

If I weren't so lazy I'd look and see what the final review dates were for the past DF groups and if that tells us 3rd review people how long we might expect to wait.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Still IR 11/22

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:14 pm

username99 wrote:Still only complete, since Oct. What should I do?

Same. I'm just going to presume that this means that my application isn't worth reviewing to them. I am wondering if they will issue a refund since they haven't even looked at it yet?

username99

Postby username99 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 pm

JakeL wrote:

Same. I'm just going to presume that this means that my application isn't worth reviewing to them. I am wondering if they will issue a refund since they haven't even looked at it yet?

Ah, my old friend Jake L! I'm thinking that by the time they look at it they'll have run out of spots, which means waitlist at best. It's kind of f'd up, no? This happened to a friend of mine last yr and they plucked him off the waitlist over the summer. He loves it there now. USC's really high on my list, but it looks like I'm pretty low on theirs.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

I got a letter saying I needed to fill out the online financial aid form but I already have. How long will it take them to get an offer back?

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:21 pm

IR 1/7-->2/20 here.

dswimmer

Postby dswimmer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:02 pm

IR 12/9 --> 1/26 --> 2/6. When will it end???

Puttanesca

Postby Puttanesca » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 am

lisjjen wrote:I got a letter saying I needed to fill out the online financial aid form but I already have. How long will it take them to get an offer back?

I called the financial aid office today, and the person I spoke to said that they would start reviewing financial aid apps around next week and that if we applied this week, we would hear back as soon as they started reviewing apps. Not sure exactly what this means in terms of a time frame. I'm guessing we'll hear back within the first group of financial aid decisions.

fish tacos

Postby fish tacos » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Still IR 11/22

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 am

fish tacos wrote:

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

username99 wrote:
JakeL wrote:

Ah, my old friend Jake L! I'm thinking that by the time they look at it they'll have run out of spots, which means waitlist at best. It's kind of f'd up, no? This happened to a friend of mine last yr and they plucked him off the waitlist over the summer. He loves it there now. USC's really high on my list, but it looks like I'm pretty low on theirs.

same situation...and it succcksss. complete as of 10/4. at this point usc would be my top choice. I'd be pretty stoked with a WL. you guys think it's time for a LOCI?

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm

nematoad wrote:
username99 wrote:
JakeL wrote:

same situation...and it succcksss. complete as of 10/4. at this point usc would be my top choice. I'd be pretty stoked with a WL. you guys think it's time for a LOCI?

if USC would be your top choice at this point, I would articulate that to them in a LOCI. I'd also try to add at least 1 or 2 substantial things b/c you want to make this e-mail count (i.e. what you've been doing, any awards/honors recently received, etc)

masochist

Postby masochist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:34 pm

pereira6 wrote:
fish tacos wrote:

To follow a suggestion posted earlier in this thread, I am presenting my LODI

Letter of Diminishing Interest

Dear USC:

You have many excellent professors and programs that would entice talented applicants to consider selecting your school despite offers of acceptance from law schools that are generally considered more prestigious. In fact, when I was researching law schools six months ago your programs excited me so much that you were the first application I sent out. That was six months ago. Three months ago you let me know that my application was “in review.” I again felt that rush of excitement as I considered moving back to the West and throwing away all of my winter coats. Then nothing happened. Following that, nothing happened. Finally at the end of this period of stagnation, nothing happened.

I still love you, USC, but I am starting to forget that I even applied to your law school. My own personal law school horserace is pulling into the final turn with Low Debt and Higher Prestige racing neck and neck toward the finish line. You, however, haven’t even left the starting gate. I think it only fair to let you know that your chances of winning this particular race grow fainter with every passing day of IR purgatory. So how about it, USC? Why don’t you either forfeit the race or start running?

Sincerely,
Masochist

novab

Postby novab » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 pm

masochist wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
fish tacos wrote:

Dear USC:

You have many excellent professors and programs that would entice talented applicants to consider selecting your school despite offers of acceptance from law schools that are generally considered more prestigious. In fact, when I was researching law schools six months ago your programs excited me so much that you were the first application I sent out. That was six months ago. Three months ago you let me know that my application was “in review.” I again felt that rush of excitement as I considered moving back to the West and throwing away all of my winter coats. Then nothing happened. Following that, nothing happened. Finally at the end of this period of stagnation, nothing happened.

I still love you, USC, but I am starting to forget that I even applied to your law school. My own personal law school horserace is pulling into the final turn with Low Debt and Higher Prestige racing neck and neck toward the finish line. You, however, haven’t even left the starting gate. I think it only fair to let you know that your chances of winning this particular race grow fainter with every passing day of IR purgatory. So how about it, USC? Why don’t you either forfeit the race or start running?

Sincerely,
Masochist

love this

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:42 pm

masochist wrote: Then nothing happened. Following that, nothing happened. Finally at the end of this period of stagnation, nothing happened.

Following your submission of LODI? Nothing happened.

But seriously, love the post!
Last edited by WarioLaw on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm

masochist wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
fish tacos wrote:

Dear USC:

Sincerely,
Masochist

well done sir

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm

masochist wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
fish tacos wrote:

Dear USC:

Sincerely,
Masochist

Your LODI is now "in review." Please wait patiently while the admissions staff considers this information.

santoinettea

Postby santoinettea » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 pm

So remember when 5 people were given decisions on 2/7? Well, on that day my IR updated to 2/7 (previously IR 11/22). NOW I see that my IR has once again updated, to IR 2/22. Come ooooooon. Please!

NotImportant

Postby NotImportant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Still Complete 12/12.

Anyone else still at this date?
Anyone move off of it recently?

kia_sportage

Postby kia_sportage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 pm

masochist wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
fish tacos wrote:

Dear USC:

Sincerely,
Masochist

two thumbs up!

jman77

Postby jman77 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Finally IR 2/24/11. Had been complete 11/22.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 pm

NotImportant wrote:Still Complete 12/12.

Anyone else still at this date?
Anyone move off of it recently?

Oh hey me too :( still stuck bleh

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”