USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nonprofit-prophet

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 pm

mst wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:I applied Dec 1st, went complete this afternoon and then went IR about an hour ago. I thought USC was slow, so this was surprising

I've been complete for a month with great numbers for USC, so this kinda grinds my gears.

pre yp? haha i dont know what to tell ya. what are great numbers for usc? above both 75th percentiles?

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Looking at LSN, I'd say most first decisions are coming on the 20th this month.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:Looking at LSN, I'd say most first decisions are coming on the 20th this month.

That is SO FAR AWAYYY!!! :?

mah

Postby mah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:02 am

My status checker updated to "Decision Finalized" this morning. I guess we have to wait for the decision via snail mail...

Edit: The admitted students site says to login with the information you received from the AC via email. I suppose either an email is coming later in the day or a rejection letter in the mail.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:42 am

mah wrote:My status checker updated to "Decision Finalized" this morning. I guess we have to wait for the decision via snail mail...

Edit: The admitted students site says to login with the information you received from the AC via email. I suppose either an email is coming later in the day or a rejection letter in the mail.

Conventional wisdom says they will accept people before rejecting, I think it may be positive news.

mah

Postby mah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
mah wrote:My status checker updated to "Decision Finalized" this morning. I guess we have to wait for the decision via snail mail...

Conventional wisdom says they will accept people before rejecting, I think it may be positive news.

Thanks. I could use some good news right about now. I just got waitlisted and Illinois with a 167 & 3.84.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:07 pm

wow, really? that's super early, not just in the day, but in the cycle, too.... i hope they are starting to make decisions... going to be frantically checking my status checker all day now

mah

Postby mah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:10 pm

glitter178 wrote:

wow, really? that's super early, not just in the day, but in the cycle, too.... i hope they are starting to make decisions... going to be frantically checking my status checker all day now

Ya, I'm surprised too. It would be good if anyone else can confirm a status checker update. It is really early in the cycle for USC.

forward

Postby forward » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:11 pm

mah wrote:
glitter178 wrote:

Ya, I'm surprised too. It would be good if anyone else can confirm a status checker update. It is really early in the cycle for USC.

UR since 11/18, no update. #s above both 75s.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 pm

forward21 wrote:
mah wrote:
glitter178 wrote:

you really care about usc with that big ucla scholly sitting in your pocket?
eh, i guess i'd still be curious, too

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

forward21 wrote:
mah wrote:
glitter178 wrote:

UR since 10/7 ---> 11/18, no update. #s above both 75s as well... I'd love a decision from a Cali school :mrgreen:

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 pm

vegenator wrote:
UR since 10/7 ---> 11/18, no update. #s above both 75s as well... I'd love a decision from a Cali school :mrgreen:

Exact same boat here.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I just got an invitation in the mail to apply for the Frank Rothman Scholarship. Did anyone else get this? Is this a good indication I'll be admitted?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:I just got an invitation in the mail to apply for the Frank Rothman Scholarship. Did anyone else get this? Is this a good indication I'll be admitted?

Only admits are invited to apply, so congrats.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:27 pm

[/quote]

Only admits are invited to apply, so congrats.[/quote]

How do you know? I'm reading an old thread from 2008 and people don't seem to be sure.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:29 pm

duckmoney wrote:
vegenator wrote:

Exact same boat here.

maybe they're waiting to see if u guys ED'd somewhere else so they don't waste their yield rate and $?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

http://lawweb.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

Read it and make your own assumptions. The language is not absolute but to win the scholarship you must be a part of the incoming class. I don't see why they would invite people who they will not admit.

Well actually I could see that... but they must like you to invite you.

I applied to USC particularly for the scholarship...

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:http://lawweb.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

Read it and make your own assumptions. The language is not absolute but to win the scholarship you must be a part of the incoming class. I don't see why they would invite people who they will not admit.

Well actually I could see that... but they must like you to invite you.

I applied to USC particularly for the scholarship...

any idea on when decisions come out? they said by april on the complete e-mail, but any shot at sometime this month? usc is one of my top choices (just below median GPA--3.5x), comfortably above LSAT 75th, but love LA, and some $ would be nice.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 pm

justadude55 wrote:any idea on when decisions come out? they said by april on the complete e-mail, but any shot at sometime this month? usc is one of my top choices (just below median GPA--3.5x), comfortably above LSAT 75th, but love LA, and some $ would be nice.

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... er=asc&p=3

Scroll down. Last year started 21st. Best of luck to you! You will probably hear early since you can help them with the LSAT.

leopardRAWR

Postby leopardRAWR » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:I just got an invitation in the mail to apply for the Frank Rothman Scholarship. Did anyone else get this? Is this a good indication I'll be admitted?

From reading through last year's thread, an overwhelming majority of Rothman invites were admitted. HOWEVER, I remember reading at least one was strung along and eventually waitlisted. My understanding was this happened to VERY few people, but it did happen.

Either way, congrats on the Rothman scholarship invitation!

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

From reading through last year's thread, an overwhelming majority of Rothman invites were admitted. HOWEVER, I remember reading at least one was strung along and eventually waitlisted. My understanding was this happened to VERY few people, but it did happen.

Either way, congrats on the Rothman scholarship invitation!

Thanks! We have the same numbers, so maybe you'll get the invite too

leopardRAWR

Postby leopardRAWR » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 pm

I can only hope! However I have practically no softs so I doubt I'd be a serious candidate lol

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 pm

would a score in the 170s but a gpa below median constitute rothman consideration?

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:04 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:I can only hope! However I have practically no softs so I doubt I'd be a serious candidate lol

I have no softs either besides some club leadership positions. Definitely not expecting to win the scholarship though.

justadude55 wrote:would a score in the 170s but a gpa below median constitute rothman consideration?

I have no clue how they make their selections. I'm assuming, based on my invite, that above or around my numbers might qualify you. I don't have any great softs. So if you have a 173 and 3.6, you'll probably get an invite

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Anyone know what would be considered competitive numbers for Rothmans? I like USC and all, but I wouldn't want to waste another 2-3 days putting together an essay only to find out my numbers gave me no shot at all in the first place. And seeing as how I never invented any "useful devices" as an undergrad, I'm probably facing an uphill battle regardless.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”