USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 pm

is anyone else stuck on a december review date?

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby WarioLaw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Yep. 12/21

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:That picture does not bode well for us UR 11/22 people. :?

STL, if i'm in, you're in lol. & I think the DF 2/7'ers are in...unless I'm being overly cocky.


Anyone who is the same pile as me should be the opposite of cocky :cry:

However, looking at all the beautiful LSAT scores that are also in the pile, makes me think it's a mixed batch or all WL.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:That picture does not bode well for us UR 11/22 people. :?

STL, if i'm in, you're in lol. & I think the DF 2/7'ers are in...unless I'm being overly cocky.


Anyone who is the same pile as me should be the opposite of cocky :cry:

However, looking at all the beautiful LSAT scores that are also in the pile, makes me think it's a mixed batch or all WL.

What's your LSAT? I'm below median for LSAT but above 75th GPA and LSP had me as an Admit (78%)

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mr_toad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 pm

That picture means nothing for this year. If you'll notice, they're so far behind that picture it's not even funny.

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby LockBox » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Could the DF be a WL? Hadn't even occurred to me. I'm a 2/7 DF but both my numbers are <25% so i'm assuming it's a ding even though i'm an alum. Oh well, it's a great campus for anyone headed to SC....

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 pm

eecs wrote:
melamine wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Late December applicant--DF this morning. Ohhhhh, I think it's a ding with my UGPA, but I can hope, right!?


had DF this morning as well. Applied early January (post december LSAT score receipt). I take it the only way to find out is just to wait for snail mail?


Wait... whaaaat? I applied in November and I'm still sitting at complete 11/22.


That's what happens when you're an auto-admit.

letsdoit
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby letsdoit » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Gotti wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Gotti wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:That picture does not bode well for us UR 11/22 people. :?

STL, if i'm in, you're in lol. & I think the DF 2/7'ers are in...unless I'm being overly cocky.


Anyone who is the same pile as me should be the opposite of cocky :cry:

However, looking at all the beautiful LSAT scores that are also in the pile, makes me think it's a mixed batch or all WL.

What's your LSAT? I'm below median for LSAT but above 75th GPA and LSP had me as an Admit (78%)


I'm in the same boat- 25th LSAT and pretty substantially above 75th GPA. But I'm complete 11/1 still... :/

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Cade McNown wrote:
That's what happens when you're an auto-admit.


QFT

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:52 pm

.
Last edited by Top14Hope on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mycousinvinny56
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby mycousinvinny56 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I am at DF 2/7 but haven't received any emails. Any idea what this means? Has anyone from that DF batch gotten anything?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Below LSAT 25% / Above GPA 75%

Not URM

There is also a bunch of reasons for my score being low, and I told them that through an addendum. My PS was rock solid, with a touch of reach to it.

I would have bet every dollar I had on not getting in though, so I'm really confused about this one. Not to say that I don't deserve it, because in my eyes I do. It's just the stupid LSAT!

Same situation as me, then. LSP has been pretty accurate for me, though...and it puts me at 78%. So who knows! Not having USC would make my decision SO much easier (the bf got into NYU and is most likely attending & I got into Fordham).

swimgirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimgirl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Why are so many of you assuming that the 2/7 DF batch are all in? Just wondering. I'm in that batch and hoping you are correct.

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby LockBox » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

swimgirl wrote:Why are so many of you assuming that the 2/7 DF batch are all in? Just wondering. I'm in that batch and hoping you are correct.


Like I said, I'm in the 2/7 DF batch and i'm assuming (but hoping otherwise) that i'm a ding.

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

LockBox wrote:
swimgirl wrote:Why are so many of you assuming that the 2/7 DF batch are all in? Just wondering. I'm in that batch and hoping you are correct.


Like I said, I'm in the 2/7 DF batch and i'm assuming (but hoping otherwise) that i'm a ding.


+1

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

swimgirl wrote:Why are so many of you assuming that the 2/7 DF batch are all in? Just wondering. I'm in that batch and hoping you are correct.

we all generally have relatively competitive numbers/applications

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:04 pm

I will never understand why all decisions aren't just first sent through e-mail, or no status checker, and just use the mail. Why the hell would a person want to know that a decision has been made if you can't know what the decision is? It's ridiculous. They could easily e-mail it, and put it on the status checker!

You hear that USC? It's soooooo siiiiimple!

STOP BEING DOUCHES!

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Top14Hope wrote:I will never understand why all decisions aren't just first sent through e-mail, or no status checker, and just use the mail. Why the hell would a person want to know that a decision has been made if you can't know what the decision is? It's ridiculous. They could easily e-mail it, and put it on the status checker!

You hear that USC? It's soooooo siiiiimple!

STOP BEING DOUCHES!


It's an attempt to maintain further control on your life.

lucylove
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lucylove » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 pm

This might be a bad idea, but has anyone who went df yesterday or today thought of calling the admissions office and asking? Thats what I did for Stanford, and they were really nice about it!


Just sayin

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby LockBox » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Another question: if you live in southern california, do you guys know how long it should take for the snail mail to arrive?

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:41 pm

LockBox wrote:Another question: if you live in southern california, do you guys know how long it should take for the snail mail to arrive?


typically 2-3 days

rsd16
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby rsd16 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Hey all,

Fellow USC applicant. First time on this thread.

Question:

What do people mean when they say "DF 2/7" and other acronym/dates? How do I find out mines?

Excuse my ignorance *puts on flame suit*

Guicciardini
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby Guicciardini » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:52 pm

rsd16 wrote:Hey all,

Fellow USC applicant. First time on this thread.

Question:

What do people mean when they say "DF 2/7" and other acronym/dates? How do I find out mines?

Excuse my ignorance *puts on flame suit*


Decision finalized.

And don't worry about the acronyms. They're a little intimidating, and frankly people here use them more often than the Pentagon.

From a social perspective, it delineates all of us TLS applicants from the masses, but it can be bitching confusing before you figure out what all of them mean.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:53 pm

rsd16 wrote:Hey all,

Fellow USC applicant. First time on this thread.

Question:

What do people mean when they say "DF 2/7" and other acronym/dates? How do I find out mines?

Excuse my ignorance *puts on flame suit*


decision finalized.

Anybody else go DF after this morning?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm thinking the 2/7 batch is mixed at worst.

Definitely not all ding or WL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, hwwong, Kimmysradscreenname and 3 guests