USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:14 am

Is it appropriate to send a LOR or LOCI to USC if they have not decided anything on me yet? I'm one of those who are stuck on "complete" and have been since 11/18/10. Any thoughts?

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mr_toad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 am

RedItalus10 wrote:Is it appropriate to send a LOR or LOCI to USC if they have not decided anything on me yet? I'm one of those who are stuck on "complete" and have been since 11/18/10. Any thoughts?


No. This is the case for the gross majority of people right now. Just be patient.

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 pm

For some reason, waiting to hear back from USC is more agonizing to me than any other school...

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm

jamiLAW wrote:For some reason, waiting to hear back from USC is more agonizing to me than any other school...


+1

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 am

anyone else get any movement?

ocplaytime
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby ocplaytime » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 am

looks like im joining hell with you guys. went complete yesterday after submitting 1/19..........

bidnez11
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:45 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby bidnez11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 am

pimpsdontcry wrote:anyone else get any movement?


Yeah, just went to 2/3. I'm guessing that happened to you as well.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:42 am

bidnez11 wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:anyone else get any movement?


Yeah, just went to 2/3. I'm guessing that happened to you as well.


that it did not. still stuck at 1/26. stats? :)

NotImportant
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby NotImportant » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 am

Is anyone else still stuck at complete way back at 12/12?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby username99 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:10 am

NotImportant wrote:Is anyone else still stuck at complete way back at 12/12?


Since October

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

My IR date changed from 12/24 (first) to 2/3

whereto4law
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby whereto4law » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Complete 10/21

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Gotti wrote:My IR date changed from 12/24 (first) to 2/3


Nice. My is still IR 11/22. I don't except anything but a WL. Maybe I should just withdraw while withdrawing from UCLA. I already typed up the emails.

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby maglialoro » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

maglialoro wrote:Why havent you been accepted yet with your stats? YP?


I don't know. I got WL at UCLA, so ...

Maybe they are not convinced I l love LA - which I do. But I guess if you read my PS you wouldn't believe me either. Ha.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 pm

UR: 12/12 -> 1/2 -> 1/28

Man I was hoping for a DF this week...No luck.
My status usually changes at night/sometimes on weekends so I guess there is still a little hope.

If I don't go DF next week though, I will SCREAM!

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby spacepenguin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

JJDancer wrote:UR: 12/12 -> 1/2 -> 1/28

Man I was hoping for a DF this week...No luck.
My status usually changes at night/sometimes on weekends so I guess there is still a little hope.

If I don't go DF next week though, I will SCREAM!



It's 8:30 in LA....kind of early? Give it some time.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mr_toad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 pm

FWIW, USC can't really be depicted as performing YP (at least not yet). Out of the last six to get in on LSN, all of them have T-14 numbers (if we count Cornell medians as the cutoff), including a 172/3.8 who's gotten in all the way up to CCN. No YP yet. Just slow. Be patient. As others have pointed out, schools can't just take the 500 most qualified people who apply. They're going to go other places. They're trying to figure out the people who they want who are more likely to go. Takes time. Read a book. Watch YouTube. Think Miyagi thoughts.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby JTMan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
JJDancer wrote:UR: 12/12 -> 1/2 -> 1/28

Man I was hoping for a DF this week...No luck.
My status usually changes at night/sometimes on weekends so I guess there is still a little hope.

If I don't go DF next week though, I will SCREAM!



It's 8:30 in LA....kind of early? Give it some time.



UR 11/30-> 1/26 ->2/3 already been accepted to better schools including UCLA which I applied to like two weeks ago hmmmmmm

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:49 pm

spacepenguin wrote:
JJDancer wrote:UR: 12/12 -> 1/2 -> 1/28

Man I was hoping for a DF this week...No luck.
My status usually changes at night/sometimes on weekends so I guess there is still a little hope.

If I don't go DF next week though, I will SCREAM!



It's 8:30 in LA....kind of early? Give it some time.

haha true, I'm on the East Coast + highly anxious right now so I forgot :oops:

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
I don't know. I got WL at UCLA, so ...

Maybe they are not convinced I l love LA - which I do. But I guess if you read my PS you wouldn't believe me either. Ha.


Is your PS all about how you love the snow and frozen tundra?

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby mr_toad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Dumb post, removed.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 pm

I want usc so badly!!!! 12/6 --> 12/26 give me my DF baby and make it an acceptance too please!

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Ugh still under review 1/26. I just want my cycle to end so I can know where I'll be next year and move on with my life.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Ugh still under review 1/26. I just want my cycle to end so I can know where I'll be next year and move on with my life.

+1 gazillion




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: csess, finaciardi, genjustice, glockov, hoy456, itshandled, lillawyer2, mcvizz, metaxerox88, proteinshake and 22 guests