USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm

I think we all know what WonkyPanda meant...

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 am

argh I'm jealous. I'm still stuck in my 2nd update for IR 12/26 (first IR was 12/6). GRRR I want a California school. I'm in comm review at berkeley too but with those odds I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:argh I'm jealous. I'm still stuck in my 2nd update for IR 12/26 (first IR was 12/6). GRRR I want a California school. I'm in comm review at berkeley too but with those odds I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.


Good luck with Berkeley, they seem pretty fickle.

Does anyone know if the amount of spacing between IR dates means anything?

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 am

jamiLAW wrote:I think we all know what WonkyPanda meant...


sorry. i cope with stress by being anal retentive :lol:

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:argh I'm jealous. I'm still stuck in my 2nd update for IR 12/26 (first IR was 12/6). GRRR I want a California school. I'm in comm review at berkeley too but with those odds I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.


with your stats you have a good chance for berkeley. Cheer up :)

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 am

Whoops, sorry. Ya, I meant 1/26. Sorry to exacerbate your analness.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 am

pimpsdontcry wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:argh I'm jealous. I'm still stuck in my 2nd update for IR 12/26 (first IR was 12/6). GRRR I want a California school. I'm in comm review at berkeley too but with those odds I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.


with your stats you have a good chance for berkeley. Cheer up :)


are you sure you read that lsat score right? 163 not 173. haha. I feel like breaking my way into the T14 + USC and UCLA is like hiking up death valley in the dead heat of summer with no water bottles.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

WonkyPanda wrote:Whoops, sorry. Ya, I meant 1/26. Sorry to exacerbate your analness.


tehehe u said exacerbate.

@swimmergirl
berkeley focuses a lot on gpa. 163 is a solid score, don't let anyone tell you different. Realistically, t14 is a reach but that's not to say you don't have a shot. A strong personal statement and experience can make the difference. Just gotta believe!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 am

Pomas - I'd hope there was another DF batch this friday but I wouldn't bank on a second UR date this week signaling a decision this Friday (necessarily/if there is even a batch then).

Also, strangely, both my UR dates so far have been on SUNDAY - what? lol

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 am

pimpsdontcry wrote:
@swimmergirl
berkeley focuses a lot on gpa. 163 is a solid score, don't let anyone tell you different. Realistically, t14 is a reach but that's not to say you don't have a shot. A strong personal statement and experience can make the difference. Just gotta believe!


Well in that case, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

(to be sung to "I believe I can fly")

See I was on the verge of giving up
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts with attending Boalt

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I can Boalt
I think about it every night and day
Just buy a ticket to fly to SFO
I believe I can Boalt
I see me running through that con. law classroom door
I believe I can Boalt (or Gould)



....And I have too much free time on my hands. Awkward. Especially since this is the USC thread

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 am

^
:D I'd vote for you if I was on the committee.

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 am

Even that GPA stuff may not be entirely true. I got in with a 3.68 but that's after factoring in my CC work. My UC gpa alone was a pretty weak 3.46. Granted, my volunteer work at a clinic and personal statement may have pushed me over the edge. Being from South American parents may have helped as well.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 am

Thanks R6!!!

WonkyPanda wrote:Even that GPA stuff may not be entirely true. I got in with a 3.68 but that's after factoring in my CC work. My UC gpa alone was a pretty weak 3.46. Granted, my volunteer work at a clinic and personal statement may have pushed me over the edge. Being from South American parents may have helped as well.


I mean I have great softs. I don't think Berkeley just picks stellar GPAs without other stuff to back it up. I'm just hoping my lsat won't be my demise. Also, that's great wonkypanda! I hope I can say the same thing soon!

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:Thanks R6!!!

WonkyPanda wrote:Even that GPA stuff may not be entirely true. I got in with a 3.68 but that's after factoring in my CC work. My UC gpa alone was a pretty weak 3.46. Granted, my volunteer work at a clinic and personal statement may have pushed me over the edge. Being from South American parents may have helped as well.


I mean I have great softs. I don't think Berkeley just picks stellar GPAs without other stuff to back it up. I'm just hoping my lsat won't be my demise. Also, that's great wonkypanda! I hope I can say the same thing soon!



Thanks! Don't lose hope! I'm sure you'll do fine and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

after 2 months, my app finally went to its second IR date... DF soon?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:34 am

okay...annoying, everyone seems to be in their 2nd IR...I'm still stuck at IR 12/24, which was my first. This can't be good :cry:

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 am

Gotti wrote:okay...annoying, everyone seems to be in their 2nd IR...I'm still stuck at IR 12/24, which was my first. This can't be good :cry:



My first IR was well before that, and I JUST went to the second one. Hang in there. The USC admissions office is irritating

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby spacepenguin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
Gotti wrote:okay...annoying, everyone seems to be in their 2nd IR...I'm still stuck at IR 12/24, which was my first. This can't be good :cry:



My first IR was well before that, and I JUST went to the second one. Hang in there. The USC admissions office is irritating



Irritating like a fox!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby krad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:40 am

lol @ irritating fox!

I've been stuck at complete since early December. WTFffff

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby SMA22 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

Holy cow, just went in review--wish me luck!!!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

SMA22 wrote:Holy cow, just went in review--wish me luck!!!


It means nothing. They're seriously wasting a lot of people's time here...

I think I'm gonna call today if I have a minute.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

All this morning I've been agonizing and didn't even notice the GW acceptance in my inbox. Good. I can stop the second semester senior frantic job hunt. Still holding out for USC, but I can finally relax a little. Best of luck ladies and gentlemen, with my first acceptance my postgraduation anxiety is cured. I wish you all the best.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Arbiter... Let us know if you call ;) ... Are you IR 11/22 like me?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18421
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bk1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:05 pm

krad wrote:lol @ irritating fox!

I've been stuck at complete since early December. WTFffff


9/10 Submit -> 10/4 Complete -> 1/26 In Review

I'm unlikely to get in (supersplitter).

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:06 pm

glitter178 wrote:Arbiter... Let us know if you call ;) ... Are you IR 11/22 like me?


still 11/22 here. Berkeley updated yesterday, hopefully USC will show some movement now that they got people's rothman essays in (which I forgot to send... :oops: )




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests