USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:34 pm

165/3.9 is solid. don't give up hope yet!

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Lasers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

yep, today must be the rejection day finally. :cry:

at this point though, after a week of expecting it, i'm numb to it. must be usc's strategy. :lol:

spicymeatball111
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby spicymeatball111 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:53 pm

DF 1/14, just received a rejection letter, ouch...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm

spicymeatball111 wrote:DF 1/14, just received a rejection letter, ouch...

Sorry :( stats?

spicymeatball111
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby spicymeatball111 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 pm

164, 3.7

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:00 pm

spicymeatball111 wrote:164, 3.7

Eh. That prolly means a ding for me too. Same LSAT 3.95

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 pm

so it seems 1/14 is all rejections? :-( ...knew it was too good to be true...hence a REACH school

lhlee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lhlee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:so it seems 1/14 is all rejections? :-( ...knew it was too good to be true...hence a REACH school


it's okay!

we were braced for it? I received 3 rejections in a span of 20 minutes. I almost hyperventilated. Then i proceeded to go to In-N-Out for a triple triple + chocolat/vanilla milkshake+ animal fries.

I suggest you do the same if you get the letter (hopefully not).

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Yea, not as dramatic as 20 minutes but a couple weeks ago, Berkeley sends an email on a monday, then michigan snail mail rejection tuesday...It seems my luck is only with In-state schools, all out of states have been DING DING DING. But yea, much better to know i've been accepted alredy in a school than nothing at all

lhlee wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:so it seems 1/14 is all rejections? :-( ...knew it was too good to be true...hence a REACH school


it's okay!

we were braced for it? I received 3 rejections in a span of 20 minutes. I almost hyperventilated. Then i proceeded to go to In-N-Out for a triple triple + chocolat/vanilla milkshake+ animal fries.

I suggest you do the same if you get the letter (hopefully not).

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:17 pm

thanks for the hope, but it's a ding.....i didnt want them anyway ;)

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:165/3.9 is solid. don't give up hope yet!

loooooove your username

lhlee
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:59 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby lhlee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Yea, not as dramatic as 20 minutes but a couple weeks ago, Berkeley sends an email on a monday, then michigan snail mail rejection tuesday...It seems my luck is only with In-state schools, all out of states have been DING DING DING. But yea, much better to know i've been accepted alredy in a school than nothing at all

lhlee wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:so it seems 1/14 is all rejections? :-( ...knew it was too good to be true...hence a REACH school


it's okay!

we were braced for it? I received 3 rejections in a span of 20 minutes. I almost hyperventilated. Then i proceeded to go to In-N-Out for a triple triple + chocolat/vanilla milkshake+ animal fries.

I suggest you do the same if you get the letter (hopefully not).


Surprisingly, the in-state schools do not love me at all. I seem to only have luck in Virginia, and I have no idea why--esp. with their in-state applicants requirement. I want to stay in Pasadena/LA so bad after I yelped "Chinese Food" in Williamsburg and then Lexington. It was harrowing. But, I am happy I will be attending law school.

/rant

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby beachbum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:thanks for the hope, but it's a ding.....i didnt want them anyway ;)


Eh, I hear Vandy's a pretty good school too.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 pm

beachbum wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:thanks for the hope, but it's a ding.....i didnt want them anyway ;)


Eh, I hear Vandy's a pretty good school too.

totally appreciate that :)....honestly , ya your right! made me feel better!

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:00 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:165/3.9 is solid. don't give up hope yet!

loooooove your username


glad you like it :D

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Lasers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 pm

if usc loves the lsat so much, why don't they just marry it.

hmm. :|

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 pm

I am so nervous now. I cant believe the whole batch was dings. Reverse splitter here...probably headed for doom as well. When did you all submit? Maybe they just haven't gotten to my application yet. In any event, it is looking pretty dismal.

PS Lasers your comment was funny :)

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm

All I'm gonna say is, if they dragged their feet this long to admit people, their letter best be very pretty, and contain lots of 0s.
Last edited by Arbiter213 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:50 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:I am so nervous now. I cant believe the whole batch was dings. Reverse splitter here...probably headed for doom as well. When did you all submit? Maybe they just haven't gotten to my application yet. In any event, it is looking pretty dismal.

PS Lasers your comment was funny :)

submit. in October

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:All I'm gonna say is, if they dragged there feet this long to admit people, their letter best be very pretty, and contain lots of 0s.


Here here!

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Lasers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:13 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:I am so nervous now. I cant believe the whole batch was dings. Reverse splitter here...probably headed for doom as well. When did you all submit? Maybe they just haven't gotten to my application yet. In any event, it is looking pretty dismal.

PS Lasers your comment was funny :)


submitted early november. good luck to you! hopefully some reverse splitters gain admittance.

i'm in the position where i thought i'd be right now...hastings or retake and reapply next cycle. still no clear answer.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:All I'm gonna say is, if they dragged their feet this long to admit people, their letter best be very pretty, and contain lots of 0s.


Yes I agree!

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 am

I guess I'm one of those in Super USC Limbo. 3.7/166 from UCLA undergrad. Complete since 11/18/10. I scheduled a tour for next week. Would talking to them help me? Asking various questions, telling them I'm under review, telling them it's my first choice, etc. To try to get my name around? Does showing interest help at all?

HEEEEELP. I WANT USC!!!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:16 pm

RedItalus10 wrote:I guess I'm one of those in Super USC Limbo. 3.7/166 from UCLA undergrad. Complete since 11/18/10. I scheduled a tour for next week. Would talking to them help me? Asking various questions, telling them I'm under review, telling them it's my first choice, etc. To try to get my name around? Does showing interest help at all?

HEEEEELP. I WANT USC!!!

USC was my first tour. I toured it before I even went app complete. I was expecting a student to show me around but it was finals so an adcomm did it. I was sort of nervous but did not treat it as an opportunity to talk myself up (which maybe I should have a little). Anyways, all the interviews I've seen with Dean Reid say "be careful what you say everytime you meet someone from the office! Leave a good impression!" etc etc but I think visiting can only show interest. Just make sure you come off professional and not kooky lol.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Darn, I'm sorry to hear about the dings-rejection is never easy, even if it's not your top choice (arguably more difficult really). I'm hoping that USC leans toward the LSAT and takes my 3.4x/167, but I'm not going to hold my breath. In Review (first date) as of 1/19, so I think it'll be a while for me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, Exabot [Bot], Imago Loop, jstans, oliviaj_j, Pugnax, q2w3e, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests