USC 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Anyone know, approximately, what the Rothman cutoffs were? I didn't get an invite.

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby gbpackerbacker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:39 pm

bdubs wrote:Anyone know, approximately, what the Rothman cutoffs were? I didn't get an invite.



You won't then. The apps are due tomorrow.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:48 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:
bdubs wrote:Anyone know, approximately, what the Rothman cutoffs were? I didn't get an invite.



You won't then. The apps are due tomorrow.

Think he was just wondering why he didn't get one.

I got one. 168/3.72. Didn't apply though. I'm currently UR and wondering if it will hurt me in terms of non-Rothman scholly.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 pm

JJDancer wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:
bdubs wrote:Anyone know, approximately, what the Rothman cutoffs were? I didn't get an invite.



You won't then. The apps are due tomorrow.

Think he was just wondering why he didn't get one.

I got one. 168/3.72. Didn't apply though. I'm currently UR and wondering if it will hurt me in terms of non-Rothman scholly.


Yeah, i was just wondering if they had a GPA floor (my guess for why I didn't get one). I will probably not be going to USC because I doubt I will get an significant money from them (if they don't think i'm good enough for a Rothman invite, why give me $$$?).

octneedy
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby octneedy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm

IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:03 pm

octneedy wrote:IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.


Still a lot of November and December IR dates that aren't DF yet.

octneedy
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby octneedy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:22 pm

bdubs wrote:
octneedy wrote:IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.


Still a lot of November and December IR dates that aren't DF yet.


I know, I'm just really impatient >_<

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 pm

bdubs wrote:
octneedy wrote:IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.


Still a lot of November and December IR dates that aren't DF yet.


this.....IR 12/24 & no word. Must be extra frustrating to be IR in November without word :?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Gotti wrote:
bdubs wrote:
octneedy wrote:IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.


Still a lot of November and December IR dates that aren't DF yet.


this.....IR 12/24 & no word. Must be extra frustrating to be IR in November without word :?

Is anyone IR since November without even a date update??
That seems nuts.
ETA: I'm not IR since Nov.. just wondering if anyone was.
Last edited by JJDancer on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby JTMan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Gotti wrote:
bdubs wrote:
octneedy wrote:IR since 1/7/2011

The wait is starting to get to me.


Still a lot of November and December IR dates that aren't DF yet.


this.....IR 12/24 & no word. Must be extra frustrating to be IR in November without word :?

Is anyone IR since November without even a date update??
That seems nuts.



I'm also IR since November without any updates. Did ya'll get the Rothman invite? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with this

HNSA15
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

I've been IR since 11/22 and both of my numbers are above the 75th marks, received the Rothman invite...hopefully they'll get back to me soon!

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 pm

In review 11/22, rothman invite. Waiting. USC is my first choice.....

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Sigh* I guess no calls today?

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:Sigh* I guess no calls today?


I think you're looking for the UCLA thread ;)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

glitter178 wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:Sigh* I guess no calls today?


I think you're looking for the UCLA thread ;)

:lol: LOL.
Glitter, USC is my first choice too! (well, I go back and forth between USC and UCLA but not hearing back from either makes me anxious!!)
GL!

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm

glitter178 wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:Sigh* I guess no calls today?


I think you're looking for the UCLA thread ;)


Crap, really? I thought SC made some calls... guess I was wrong. Anyways, LA and SC are also my top choices and the wait is excruciating!

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Been IR since early dec. Rothman Invite... still waiting...

atkpl
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby atkpl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:34 am

IR since 11/29 Rothman invite. no update since 11/29.......

I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Been IR since early dec. Rothman Invite... still waiting...

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:52 am

atkpl wrote:I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

Acceptances below 167 are very, very tough:

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

I'm at 166 and 3.69 and expect a waitlist. Sucks that just 1 extra question could have changed that.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Pricer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:01 am

jwmalone87 wrote:
atkpl wrote:I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

Acceptances below 167 are very, very tough:

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

I'm at 166 and 3.69 and expect a waitlist. Sucks that just 1 extra question could have changed that.


Good luck. I'm 169 with 3.69, but my application hasn't even gone complete. I just sent in the request for my dean's letter (I was on probation for an alcohol-related incident at the end of freshman year) a couple of days ago, so it could be another two weeks before they receive it and mark my application complete.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:03 am

jwmalone87 wrote:
atkpl wrote:I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

Acceptances below 167 are very, very tough:

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

I'm at 166 and 3.69 and expect a waitlist. Sucks that just 1 extra question could have changed that.


if there was ever a test where ONE question is really a heart rattler, its definitely the LSAT...worse thing i've encountered my whole life....from the studying, to the practice test to the real thing

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby Pricer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 am

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:
atkpl wrote:I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

Acceptances below 167 are very, very tough:

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

I'm at 166 and 3.69 and expect a waitlist. Sucks that just 1 extra question could have changed that.


if there was ever a test where ONE question is really a heart rattler, its definitely the LSAT...worse thing i've encountered my whole life....from the studying, to the practice test to the real thing


I took the December 2010 LSAT. I missed 16 for a 169. Missing 15 would have given me the same score. I am actually glad this is the case. I don't have to think about what would have happened if I just got one more answer right.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: USC 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 am

Pricer wrote:
I took the December 2010 LSAT. I missed 16 for a 169. Missing 15 would have given me the same score. I am actually glad this is the case. I don't have to think about what would have happened if I just got one more answer right.


I took the Feb test. Guessed 4 on LR and changed 2 answers. Got a 170. I constantly wonder what I got right or wrong.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: USC 2011

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 am

Pricer wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:
atkpl wrote:I think I remember someone metioning USC has some magic number (166 or 167 something like that).

Is this true?

Acceptances below 167 are very, very tough:

http://usc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

I'm at 166 and 3.69 and expect a waitlist. Sucks that just 1 extra question could have changed that.


if there was ever a test where ONE question is really a heart rattler, its definitely the LSAT...worse thing i've encountered my whole life....from the studying, to the practice test to the real thing


I took the December 2010 LSAT. I missed 16 for a 169. Missing 15 would have given me the same score. I am actually glad this is the case. I don't have to think about what would have happened if I just got one more answer right.



My lsat had a brutal -8 curve




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”